Thread: Windowed Mode Play

Default Windowed Mode Play

It would be so much better if selecting widowed mode creates a borderless window at the top and auto-maximized the window.
    Guild Metal Sun on Order Shard.
    Featureing Unger Smith the Human, focused on Construction trades,
    and Token_Dawn Star the adult dragon of 70 seasons.

Default Re: Windowed Mode Play

o_O So you want full-screen behavior in windowed mode?

I rather like how windowed mode is now... a traditional window so I can have my video streams and chatboxes to the side of my screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrough View Post
    I rather like how windowed mode is now... a traditional window so I can have my video streams and chatboxes to the side of my screen.
    I have dual-monitors so I always have my window maximized and all the browser windows are on the other screen. So long as the task bar and start button are displayed at the bottom of the screen it shouldn't matter, because you should be able to use the taskbar button to minimize your game window or pop another window on top of the game window.

And if you want your game window to be smaller than your desktop resolution, you should be able to set that up in the video options
    Last edited by Token; April 5th, 2009 at 04:30 PM.

Not everyone has dual screens ... perhaps an option to hide the title bar? You'd still perhaps be able to resize by dragging the window borders, which could be locked with another option.

Personally however, I've rarely noticed the borders when playing. A couple of times I have hit the start button instead of the blue options button ingame.

Rakku

I agree, not all of us use dual monitors, and I don't really want to be popping other windows ontop of each other. I use the current setup to resize the window so it takes up about 3/4 of my screen, and stuff my other windows off to the side. This sounds like it'd be convinient for a handful of people, and annoying to others (especially if there are no borders to actually change the window size and you just have to select the size from a list).

Quote Originally Posted by Hrough View Post
    I agree, not all of us use dual monitors, and I don't really want to be popping other windows ontop of each other. I use the current setup to resize the window so it takes up about 3/4 of my screen, and stuff my other windows off to the side. This sounds like it'd be convinient for a handful of people, and annoying to others (especially if there are no borders to actually change the window size and you just have to select the size from a list).
    Aye but you can set window parameters such that you can resize by dragging the borders, so you could still adjust it. I'd still like to have the maximise/minimise buttons though, hence having the choice in a menu if this was implemented.

Rakku

True enough. As long as I can resize the window myself, I've really got no problems with how it is triggered at first. I just don't like having to settle for default resolutions.

I just see 20 vertical pixels of screen estate thats not displaying the game world, and I want it! hehehe
    But i don't auto-hide my task bar, that bit at the bottom i NEED!

I agree with Token, and I DO use dual monitors. WoW actually does this, you can set it so you can see the top bar or not see it in full screen window mode.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

Slightly OT I'd like if you could have the colour saturation the same in Windowed; I prefer to play with it to fullscreen but for screenshots I have to put it back to fullscreen or have slightly washed out colours which looks nowhere near as great for a dragon
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

The color settings in Windowed vs. Full screen are totally out of the hands of the devs. It is a Windowed thing; Windows mode uses the Desktop color settings, while full screen mode uses your video card driver's color settings. What you can do, however, is manually tweak your desktop colors to closely match those of fullscreen mode.

As for the title bar/no title bar, that *should* be a very simple option to add to the client, if they wish to do it.

Drev

Thread Information