Thread: An RP-centric alternative to the Dragon channel

Default An RP-centric alternative to the Dragon channel

"Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Default Re: An RP-centric alternative to the Dragon channel

I will be there when I'm in game - looking forward to some more RP!

Reminds me of what our KCE RP and "Ye Olde Inn" were setup as - physical (and not physical) locations in game where you could RP stuff out as if you were there (even if you weren't..the joys of chatrooms)

Ahh I miss our lair clearing...*sniffs and sighs heavily* such grand adventures we had...*walks slowly into her lair to pull out her private hoarde of memory items*
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

My name is Akrion Xxarr and I approve this channel. :3

Delaware, USA that little state no one knows about XP

Hrmm.... why hasn't this been thought of sooner? Or maybe it has been and I haven't been paying attention... Either way YAY!
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard
    Want a pic of your character? Click here!

NEVERMIND...learn to read Atlanna..DOH!
    Order Shard - Atlanna Embergaze 100/100 Adult:
    A'Sasha Windrider - Member of Keir Chet k'Eilerten

funny... there IS an RP-centric channel alternative to DC... the official RP channel, its steadily growing, not but a day or two ago, I saw eight people in there, myself included... so, give that a look too

Ri'ta'ra'thi Is'mi'nei: Season 100 ADV/100 CRA/100 BLK(former)/100 LSH/ 1.11 BILLION hoard
    Kytitia Pyrrithia: Unparalleled Rating 212 Saris Sorceror, Rating 234 Crafter

Welll wayy long time ago the KCE-RP channel was probably the "biggest" RP-centric "dragons mostly" Rp channel. But with the death of KCE over the years, it died out as well. It was open to non-guild members as well - it was just strictly RP. OOC was in an entirely seperate channel (KCE Friends). We'd have a dozen or more in there many nights, RPin plots away - great fun. (And 99.9% of them very lore minding lol - though we would have blighted dragons who got 'infected' we had to save of course..I mean you gotta have some drama and risk!)

As the population fell off over the last owner - so did our membership - so too did several of the more once-busy RP open to the public but private run channels. You can't really keep something like that alive if its only 1-3 people. Becomes very disheartening and difficult to keep plots up when noone is around.

But hopefully with a rebirth of population expansion - more peopel want to RP more consistently - and more and more channels will have more and more players! I'm up for all of'em!

Course I"m not usually on enough these days to really get into a long-term plot - but I can always be a side helper .
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Litarath View Post
    funny... there IS an RP-centric channel alternative to DC... the official RP channel, its steadily growing, not but a day or two ago, I saw eight people in there, myself included... so, give that a look too
    Whether or not the DC is actually the 'official' rp channel is a very controversial topic. There are a couple rants on it, and there has been a lot of RP and OOC drama. This is causing player-made RP-only channels to appear as well as player-made OOC channels.

Cuts down on confusion to just make a player channel that's official one way or another rather than arguing about a server-made channel.
    ~Lucient Dawn
    DRAG 100/ DCRA 100/ DLSH 55
    Hoard: 7,000,000
    Obsidian Order Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Tzunoch View Post
    Whether or not the DC is actually the 'official' rp channel is a very controversial topic.
    I think Litarath meant the "Role-Play" channel.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Quote Originally Posted by Xoshara View Post
    I think Litarath meant the "Role-Play" channel.
    And with your statement I realize that it makes a whole lot more sense that that would be what Litarath was talking about.
    ~Lucient Dawn
    DRAG 100/ DCRA 100/ DLSH 55
    Hoard: 7,000,000
    Obsidian Order Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    Welll wayy long time ago the KCE-RP channel was probably the "biggest" RP-centric "dragons mostly" Rp channel. But with the death of KCE over the years, it died out as well. It was open to non-guild members as well - it was just strictly RP. OOC was in an entirely seperate channel (KCE Friends). We'd have a dozen or more in there many nights, RPin plots away - great fun. (And 99.9% of them very lore minding lol - though we would have blighted dragons who got 'infected' we had to save of course..I mean you gotta have some drama and risk!)
    Ahhh the good ol days. No more Frithy holding court in Chiconis anymore.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

The channel is around if only myself and a couple others have it on our list. All our welcome.

Aye if I'm on the chat and KCE Friends is up...

And yea I miss holding court - I totally would if more people came along. When they redid the tiers and the world though, Chiconis became a more empty place.

I know to hld court now I move to either Bristugo or New Trismus as some of my breathren have successfully done. But...its just not the same..the old are resistant to change .
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

In front of the computer, where else would I be?

Heh I hear ya Frithy, i miss dragon tag tho i still get the drop on people from time to time!
    SMISH!
    Tamaracaran Thothalomadais: Dragon, As old as the world, Twice.
    Jamana Ternfaust: Gnome of 31 flavors!
    Erzat Ember: Dryad Battlemage, Construction Bug.
    Halfust Thothalomadais: Human somthing or other.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    Aye if I'm on the chat and KCE Friends is up...

And yea I miss holding court - I totally would if more people came along. When they redid the tiers and the world though, Chiconis became a more empty place.

I know to hld court now I move to either Bristugo or New Trismus as some of my breathren have successfully done. But...its just not the same..the old are resistant to change .
    Hmmmm...this has given me a scathingly brilliant idea.

Okay so it's not scathingly brilliant...in fact it's probably not brilliant...moving on!

Frith check you mail missy.
    Order Shard - Atlanna Embergaze 100/100 Adult:
    A'Sasha Windrider - Member of Keir Chet k'Eilerten

mail checked...sorry I' not check forums everyday...

Course I responded before reading this thread..now I know more of what you mean *laugh*
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

Thread Information