Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: About a certain lin ein the delta 169 notes...

Default Re: About a certain lin ein the delta 169 notes...

Quote Originally Posted by awdz
    - You can recall from the rift with disk attached?? This is absurd for items that "prevent recall".
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Concoidal
    By the way... if it isn't supposed to be "used" why is there an opening in the wall just below the pad that is at exactly the right height to allow an Ancient Dragon to Fly through? Seems intentional to me considering how everything else is shaped in the rift!

Quote Originally Posted by Deth
    My guess is the Rune of Transport allows you to teleport to the void with your disk as it is non-standard transport. Once there you un-attach the disk recall to your bind point and then re teleport to the disk with the rune of Transport.
    Not quite, see above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Okay...I don't know what everyone is on, about, but this is the first time I have heard about disks being able to recall, from the rift.

I just went into the game, filled a disk, and teleported to the rift....it let me do that...once in the rift, I couldn't recall out, with disk attached, no matter what dodges I tried..

I think this is a non-issue *shrugs*

what is the dragon-sized hole below the pad about? do you fly out of the rift to ?? with your disk attached?

Quote Originally Posted by Radamanthas View Post
    Okay...I don't know what everyone is on, about, but this is the first time I have heard about disks being able to recall, from the rift.

I just went into the game, filled a disk, and teleported to the rift....it let me do that...once in the rift, I couldn't recall out, with disk attached, no matter what dodges I tried..

I think this is a non-issue *shrugs*
    Fly north -over the opening and you reappear at your bind point. That is the magic of the rift. That is why that hole in the wall is there. I don't know what every one else is "exploiting" about. Unless that hole is there for some other reason?
    Concoidal Fractus
    Expert Dragon Crafter - Master Lairshaper

My guess is who ever shaped the land did not make it high enough. I will lay dollars to doughnuts that this is not intended. The recalling is a fact that you have reached the edge of the world.

I was never aware of this method. o.o I know I haven't been Ancient for all too long, but I've never heard anyone ever mention it.

But it does sound like a bit of an exploit, if you ask me--I agree with Deth, it was probably an oversight.

Though I'm not liking the 'port twice to get to the Rift' thing. This change disregards and will be blind murder for anyone with an older computer; past the loading times and all that, having a slower computer will just make it horrible. I remember with my old computer having to wait anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes at certain areas of the map per port. Up to half an hour to get to the Rift... lovely. I mean, such a change won't really hurt me too badly now because I have a new computer, but I dread the change on behalf of anyone with an old computer. >.O

Actually, maybe it wouldn't be quite so bad loading the Rift because of how little it's got, but it can still be quite bad.

~Galde

There appear to be several different "holes", but I do not know where they all are. Some other players might be more helpful in identifying the locations.

Default Re: About a certain line in the delta 169 notes...

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    There appear to be several different "holes", but I do not know where they all are. Some other players might be more helpful in identifying the locations.

There is just the one that I am aware of - or should say I have found. Now consider that this particular hole - is at exactly the right height that an Ancient dragon can go over it - but to high for an adult dragon. Just that makes it a "purposeful - intelligent design" - it wasn't a random accident of topography, and has little to do with "game mechanics".
    Concoidal Fractus

"game mechanics" is, you are not supposed to be able to recall with a disk, period. That's why all disks say "prevents recall". I don't know why you keep thinking this is some grand feature put in the game for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    "game mechanics" is, you are not supposed to be able to recall with a disk, period. That's why all disks say "prevents recall". I don't know why you keep thinking this is some grand feature put in the game for you.
    Thank you for making it a personal attack. I have never intefered with your gameplay - or anyone elses intentionally. I suport your original post on multiple levels - leave it at that.

I am being honest - I use it - many others use it - it is only an "exploit" if someone defines it as such. And by someone - I mean someone with the authority of game design - not just an interpreter. The hole in the wall is an indication that it could be part of the design, anything else is a guess or a prejudiced opinion.
    Concoidal Fractus

Quote Originally Posted by Concoidal View Post
    I am being honest - I use it - many others use it - it is only an "exploit" if someone defines it as such. And by someone - I mean someone with the authority of game design - not just an interpreter. The hole in the wall is an indication that it could be part of the design, anything else is a guess or a prejudiced opinion.
    Well, at least you do have the courage to admit it to everyone else, I'll give you that much.

But by the same token, I have very good reason to believe that the devs have already informed some players that this is indeed an "exploit". If you really want clarification on the matter, open a ticket and ask whether or not it is an exploit. And if you do, please let the rest of us know in this thread.

My guess as they are changing it so you have to use a gateway and there for not take a disk to the Void via Rune of Transports says Yes the Devs see it as an exploit and that the quickest and easiest way to fix it is by changing the destination of the rune of transport.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    My guess as they are changing it so you have to use a gateway and there for not take a disk to the Void via Rune of Transports says Yes the Devs see it as an exploit and that the quickest and easiest way to fix it is by changing the destination of the rune of transport.
    As I understand it, though, it only adds an extra hop to the process... it doesn't actually stop the most egregious part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarog View Post
    Edit : Seems to me this problem would be easily solvable by preventing the arop rune from working while a player has an attached disc. Why not try that instead? And then the people who are complaining because it interferes with ARoP lore would be satisfied too...
    I really like this idea to address the issue as I understand it.

Concoidal, this exploit - and it is an exploit, regardless of your feelings on the matter - has been been known to the team for a long time, and fixing it has been on the "to-do" list for quite a while. Other things have indeed come first, but that fact does not make it any less an exploit.

How we intend to address it is not up for discussion here; just be aware that it is an exploit and that we do intend to address it.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    Concoidal, this exploit - and it is an exploit, regardless of your feelings on the matter - has been been known to the team for a long time, and fixing it has been on the "to-do" list for quite a while. Other things have indeed come first, but that fact does not make it any less an exploit.

How we intend to address it is not up for discussion here; just be aware that it is an exploit and that we do intend to address it.

And there it is. Now that it has been *officially* ruled an exploit, I suppose that item number 5 in the "Prohibited Conduct" paragraph, of the official Rules of Conduct (which everyone agrees to abide by, every time they 'accept' the EULA, on logging in) applies. To wit:

5. Use or exploit any bugs, design errors or problems in the System or Game or communicate the existence of any such exploitable items, either directly or through public posting, to any other user of the System or Game. Exploits include, but are by no means limited to, those behaviors which allow a character to remain either out of potential combat range, or invisible to mobs, while actively in game. Any such problems, errors or bugs should be promptly reported via the support website at https://support.istaria.com. Failure to report such bugs, errors or problems in order to continue to exploit the system will result in immediate suspension of the player's account pending closer investigation of the matter.

Guess I will continue flying resources over the long hauls

Well, the Delgarath portal will make those hauls considerabily shorter, IMO. At least for T5/T6 stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin
    Well, the Delgarath portal will make those hauls considerabily shorter, IMO. At least for T5/T6 stuff.
    Very good point Zexoin and IMO is yet another improvement to crafting of some higher tier materials.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post

Also explaining how to do an exploit is also a big no no...violation of terms of service and eula iirc.

I just learned wher the hole is today due to these posts just for the record.

I agree it needs fixed.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Lol Sliverblaze- me too, learned it in this thread.

Seems I`m too blonde for such things
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Thread Information