Thread: The 24hr Waiting Period (good or bad)

Thumbs down The 24hr Waiting Period (good or bad)

I just recently moved from one plot to another. The new plot is much bigger as well as close to a desired resource. But there was a snag in this process and that was the 24hr Waiting Period (WP) imposed. It seems that the WP between selling one's plot/lair and purchasing another is still being enforced.

I think this WP was a great idea back when Istaria had the big Plot Reclamation. As I understand it, the WP was intended to thwart would-be novian scavengers. In my opinion, the WP has served it's use and should now be removed. I believe that there is no longer a need for this WP. It no longer serves any benneficial functions and in fact causes unnecessary pain and suffering (okay, perhaps I'm being a bit mellow-dramatic here) for Istarian citizens.

Unbeknownst to me, until after I had deconstructed my old plot and sold it back to the community, I had to wait till the next day before I could purchase my new plot. After purchasing my new plot and applying all my Novians, there was still quite a bit of construction left. One of my guildmates offered to finish my construction using her Novians. She found someone in the guild with an open property slot and sold her plot to that person so she could then buy mine. But low-and-behold, she was now a victim of the WP as well.

Well, that's about it. What do the rest of you think? Does the WP serve any usefull fuction(s) now, or is it time for it removal?

Have a great day and see you all in Istaria

Angry Re: The 24hr Waiting Period (good or bad)

You have to wait 24 hours after selling a plot before buying the next? That hurts. How are you supposed to move to a different plot that way? Sell old plot, then hope that either the one you want instead or at least your old plot is still available 24 hours later?
    Kaph Ranta on Chaos: Ranger, Spellcrafter, Alchemist, Tailor, Jewelcrafter, Fletcher
    LinoRanta on the Istaria Wiki

Default Re: The 24hr Waiting Period (good or bad)

It was introduced as a fix for the novian farm issue. Now that they have found another way to solve that it should be removed imho.
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Hm, I lived under the impression that you couldn't sell your plot within 24 hours after you bought it.
    Not that you couldn't buy another one within 24 hours after you sold your old plot.

Guess I'm wrong.

Then I think it has no purpose anymore and it could be removed.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

You are right Sigi - that is the way it works.
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

I thought the waiting period only applied if you sold a plot back to the community, selling to another player shouldn't trigger it.

It does. Until that 24 hours, the game still thinks you own the plot.

Seems there is a lot of confusion and uncertainty here. Maybe a dev could clear things up?
    Kaph Ranta on Chaos: Ranger, Spellcrafter, Alchemist, Tailor, Jewelcrafter, Fletcher
    LinoRanta on the Istaria Wiki

Well, you sell a plot/lair, either back to the community or to another player, and you must wait approx. 24 hours before you may purchase another plot/lair. My guildmate and I were hit with this waiting period several times over the past few days, so no, no confusion here. Now, there may be one scenerio where there is no waiting period.

Perhaps, if you sell/tranfer a plot/lair from one character to another character on the same account, the selling character might not have the 24 hour Waiting Period imposed. But of course, that would require at least one open property slot and multiple Gifted Subscriptions on the account. Again, I'm not sure of that one though.

But I do love all the replies. Keep em comming.

I've never run into this, in the way of selling a plot/lair then being unable to purchase a new one within 24 hours. I was always able to immediately purchase a new plot of land after selling the old one. This was quite recent too, though it was before the Dralnok's Doom patch. I have however seen that you cannot sell a plot that you have purchased in the last 24 hours.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

I sold a plot to community and was immediately able to buy a plot from another player - couldn't sell it back to him (after applying novians!) for 24 hours, but there was no problem buying it.
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

right...DragonToejam you sure not somthing else was going on?
    after you sold it you should be able to directly buy another one, just AFTER you bought one you can not sell it for 24 hours.

perhaps the plot selling got you bugged and all you had to do was take a relog but i guess you ofcourse tried that.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonToejam
    Well, you sell a plot/lair, either back to the community or to another player, and you must wait approx. 24 hours before you may purchase another plot/lair. My guildmate and I were hit with this waiting period several times over the past few days, so no, no confusion here. Now, there may be one scenerio where there is no waiting period.
    Friend of mine just had this problem. Sold a plot he had for a few days to upgrade to another one and after he sold the first plot, he was unable to purchase the new plot. Said it was some sort of database error message.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Just sold a plot yesterday and bought a lair (to and from communities, not players) within an hour or two afterwards, so I'm still not seeing this problem. Perhaps rather than an intended feature, those of you who are encountering issues with purchasing just after selling are in fact experiencing a bug that needs to be reported?

It is not a bug. It was a deterrent to stop players from just buying a plot being sold by another player and stripping it for novians.

I will admit that this is becoming more of a hassal to those who are wanting to give out thier novians as there have been three in my guild alone that have tried to do this.

Meaning there may be more payers who want this feature to give novians than those that just want to steal novians. Both are affected.

I myself am sweating a bit because I have to get my T6 lair back today after doing a three day switchoff to give someone my spare novians or the T6 lair will go bye bye. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    It is not a bug. It was a deterrent to stop players from just buying a plot being sold by another player and stripping it for novians.
    I was under the impression that the only thing that was part of the intended feature was the inability to resell a plot/lair that was purchased within 24 hours. Not that you cannot purchase a different plot/lair within 24 hours of selling your previous one. Unless in every case where this occurs both plots were bought within 24 hours (as I can imagine this cropping up with Novian exchanges), then it seems to me that there is indeed a bug somewhere.

I have indeed seen what I perceive to be the intended feature. However, I have never been unable to purchase another plot within 24 hours after selling my old one, and I've done it at least three times with no trouble.

Either I'm indeed misunderstanding something, or there is a bug of some sort somewhere.

That said, is this system even necessary anymore? I thought reclaimed plots and lairs are now immediately deconned and the Novians are given straight to the old owner anyway. If there's no Novians to be farmed and this anti-Novian-farming measure is giving players problems, maybe it should just be removed.

It IS a bug.

If you can't purchase a plot immediately after selling one, then what you're experiencing is a bug.

The intentional change made some months ago at this point is that you can't SELL a plot back to the community within 24 hours of purchasing it.

ANYTHING else is a bug.

Good to know, thx

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Thread Information