Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: About a certain lin ein the delta 169 notes...

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Default Re: About a certain lin ein the delta 169 notes...

its an exploit if you knowingly use it in a way that is not intended to be used......this goes for everything.

you are an exploiter if you continue to use the exploit after knowing it is officially an exploit.

exploiters and exploiting are illegal and frankly, not kewl beans (personally).

personally, i have little love or patience for macropeeps. those are the kind of peeps who think they deserve everything without working for it and don't care about other players, as long as they get what they want. at least with powerleveling, you eventually have to use whatever bennies you get from the pl in the 'real world' on your own........

exploiters and exploiting and macroing and all those other forms of cheating (cause that's what they are, let's be frank) are for losers who can't be bothered to play the game correctly.
    those peeps get no sympathy from me and i would rather see them leave in a huff, offended by real players' offense, then hang around.......

just my 2 copper pieces......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

This thread came up before folks realized it was an exploit rather than an earned priviledge of ancients. The original post was well-intended albeit unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    This thread came up before folks realized it was an exploit rather than an earned priviledge of ancients. The original post was well-intended albeit unfortunate.

Thank you.
    Concoidal Fractus
    Expert Dragon Crafter - Master Lairshaper

Quote Originally Posted by awdz
    That might be what some people WANT you to think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Regarding all this I have thought of a way that would let the rune still teleport people to the rift and prevent people bringing cargo disks. Although I'll admit it's a bit silly and am I sure if it's even possible.

Have the rune only work when equipped. Have the equip slot that it fills be the cargo disk slot. If the rune is equipped a cargo disk can't be. If the cargo disk is equipped the rune can't be. End result- No porting to the rift with a full cargo disk.
    Last edited by T-Sar-Goth; July 24th, 2009 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Sar-Goth
    Regarding all this I have thought of a way that would let the rune still teleport people to the rift and prevent people bringing cargo disks. Although I'll admit it's a bit silly and am I sure if it's even possible.

Have the rune only work when equipped. Have the equip slot that it fills be the cargo disk slot. If the rune is equipped a cargo disk can't be. If the cargo disk is equipped the rune can't be. End result- No porting to the rift with a full cargo disk.
    This is so brilliant! Of course the question is whether or not it's able to be programmed.

I thought if perhaps an effect like soul anchor could be applied while the cargo disk is equipped that would prevent (hopefully) the end of the world recall.

That should have read 'not' sure if it's even possible.

The bleeding edge client from steelclaw on bristugo.com changes flight behavior in places where you shouldn't be able to fly. This means that ancients won't be able to get to the hole because you can't "jump" in these places anymore, although you will still be able to skid.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDragoon View Post
    The bleeding edge client from steelclaw on bristugo.com changes flight behavior in places where you shouldn't be able to fly. This means that ancients won't be able to get to the hole because you can't "jump" in these places anymore, although you will still be able to skid.
    Hardly a fix though, unless VI disables the older versions of the exe from working.

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    This is so brilliant! Of course the question is whether or not it's able to be programmed.

I thought if perhaps an effect like soul anchor could be applied while the cargo disk is equipped that would prevent (hopefully) the end of the world recall.
    Even easier and definitely possible : Have the teleportation command from the rune also include a "detach cargo disc" command. If there's no disc, no message is displayed. If there is a cargo disc, the game gives the usual message about detaching the cargo disc.

That way the rune will automatically detach any cargo disc a dragon may be using, and it would probably take the devs all of 5 minutes to patch it into the current game system.

WOW that was a lot of reading, and since i took the time to read it i might as well add my two cents.

This is so clearly an exploit, I'd never heard of it before, but i steer clear of exploits because i pay to play the game not to find a way arround playing that still gets me my levels and xp. Luckily im in no competition here so i don't care about people who use exploits, they are cheating themselves not me. I seriously cant wrap my head arround anyone thinking breaking the games disc rules would be an awarded bonus of the rift. But i guess people can justify anything they want to themselves.

There are always gonna be a segement of any MMO population that is more concerned with finding unintended shortcuts(exploits) than just playing the game. No development team could ever head them all off, gamers and developers don't think like exploiters. However it gets closed off is fine with me, though i'll add anyone still using it knowing that the owners consider it an exploit will just find the next one when this ones gone.

Exploits are cheating to me, though i do understand that to the people that hunt for them they are part of why they play, to them outsmarting the developers gives them the same excitement I get from outsmarting monsters in the game. You've found it its not closed yet, keep using it if knowing its an exploit isnt enough to keep you from using it. But don't believe anyone seriously thought being a dragon and getting the rune somehow made them above disc rules as a right and that falling off the world with your disc to recall was an intended benefit by the developer team.

Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarog
    Hardly a fix though, unless VI disables the older versions of the exe from working.

Even easier and definitely possible : Have the teleportation command from the rune also include a "detach cargo disc" command. If there's no disc, no message is displayed. If there is a cargo disc, the game gives the usual message about detaching the cargo disc.

That way the rune will automatically detach any cargo disc a dragon may be using, and it would probably take the devs all of 5 minutes to patch it into the current game system.
    Ah true, since there are players still using the previous client.

But this is a very good point. Currently the cargo disk detaches upon death and upon entering water.

Thread Information