Thread: [Fixed] Ceremonial Tower Shield

Default [Fixed] Ceremonial Tower Shield

I haven't seen the hidden procs for this shield go trigger unless someone is casting on me. Melee combat doesn't seem to get any response. One of the procs is to lower the damage of incoming attacks by up to 75% from what i've seen. The other is of course to lower casting damage by up to 75%.

To recap no melee attacks have triggered either proc.

Default Re: Ceremonial Tower Shield

There are quite a few different effects that this shield can apply. If you see one that doesn't appear to be working, please look at the augmentation and post the name here. Btw, these effects are the same ones as from Trinkets.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I've seen the procs they are damage reductions. What i'm saying is that it doesn't proc off melee hits, only off caster damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwazy View Post
    I've seen the procs they are damage reductions. What i'm saying is that it doesn't proc off melee hits, only off caster damage.
    See which effect you notice from spells. The one proc'ing off incoming spells would logically be the one that reduces incoming spell damage. The other effect (one would think) that reduces incoming melee damage would proc from melee attacks. One thing I have noticed is that certain mobs rarely cause the effects to proc. Perhaps this is because they were non- spell casting mobs. In that case I agree there is something amiss, such as both effects only procing off incoming spells, neither off incoming melee.

I must have worded it improperly when i originally posted long work days and some beer didn't hurt.

Yes the only way i get the Melee Damage Reduction proc, as well as the Casting Damage Reduction proc to activate is by facing casting mobs.

No melee only mob has proc'd the shield.

And yes the Melee proc as well as the Spell proc both go off from spells but neither go off from incoming melee damage.

This is set for both melee and magic on both biped and dragon versions. Guess this got fixed. Marking it so.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information