Thread: [Closed] Mob Extinction

Default [Closed] Mob Extinction

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but just in case...

Twice now I've managed to hunt something to extinction... Tonight I spent some time hunting Tremendous Ruxus out in Dalimond Ridge for experience and trophies.

After an hour or so I had wound my way up to the giant mushrooms at the top of the path, where the Tremendous Ruxus end and the Large Ruxus begin, and logged out for dinner.

About 2 hours later I logged back in to finish out level 37, and ran up and down the path several times without seeing a single thing.

So I moved on to the Large Ruxus, killed all of them on the loop (about 45 minutes) and returned to where the Tremendous should be... Still nothing.

So I logged out and cleared the world cache, returned to Istaria, and ran the path a few more times - still no Tremendous Ruxus to be found.

So, my apologies, but it appears I've hunted them to extinction.

This has happened to me before with the Ulmus Beetles out on the peninsula where the portal to Abandoned Isle is, but I thought it was just a fluke.

So, again, I'm not sure if this is a bug - has anyone else had this happen?

Default Re: Mob Extinction

Oftentimes when this happens it's because the mobs have all respawned at another spawn point. I'm not sure where another Tremendous Ruxus spawn is, but I know the Ulmus Beetles spawn on AI, Scorpion Island, and outside Bristugo. I've seen Ruxus on AI and SI, so there might be a Tremendous spawn on one of those two places.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

tremendous ruxus over outside lerena, aren't there?
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Lerena has Arbotus, not ruxus
    I just lost the game.

Since this is a t2 report its kind of moot since we're redoing it... and many mobs on the peninsula are being shuffled about (and their spawns redrawn).
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Since this is a t2 report its kind of moot since we're redoing it... and many mobs on the peninsula are being shuffled about (and their spawns redrawn).
    Rodger that. It's certainly not a show stopper by any stretch of the imagination - just thought I'd mention it 'just in case'.

Thread Information