Thread: Key Binds for spells and abilities

Default Key Binds for spells and abilities

This is a question and a suggestion in one : -

First off let me start by saying I've played HZ on and off since wind server went live in the EU and for that whole time i've had one nagging problem. The problem is - I hate to click spells and abilities as i feel it takes the flow out of the game if you have to be constantly clicking. I much prefer been able to assign my spells to keys on my board (for quicker use).

One one of my Hiatus' from the game i played WoW (for 4 years) and used various programs to allow the assigning of any key or mouse button to a spell or ability in game - this made for a much more fluid game especially when killing multiple mobs or pvp'ing.

This leads me to my first question - and that is: Is it possible to assign keys or mouse buttons to spell buttons in istaria? and if not is there any way to change the setup so it becomes possible?

I dont think i'm the only player that would benefit/prefer this to be implimented in game

Sorry if this doesnt make too much sense or if there's grammatical errors ; i've just woken up

/Bloodzone aka Tony
    Bloodzone (Fiend)
    Firatic (Draggy)
    Both members of Crimson Dawn (chaos server)
    =)

Default Re: Key Binds for spells and abilities

From the dot in the corner, options -key bindings.
    You should be able to assign a keystroke combination for the hotkey bars.

thankies for the reply - the problem is i need more than 1 set of 10 binds =) ideally i'd like to be able to hover over any spell on my bars and assign a key to that spell

Maybe i got to acustomed to the WoW bindings - but there were addons where you could enable binding and then just hover over the skill in question and press the button you'd like to assign to the spell and it was done. then all u did was turn off the binding editor and it was saved... i really hate clicking spells
    Bloodzone (Fiend)
    Firatic (Draggy)
    =)

I know that the numbers 1 thru 10 equal hotkeys 1 thru 10. Not sure if its the default bars hotkeys, or the last selected bars hotkeys. I usually do it on accident.

Its what ever bar is set to default.
    To switch to the next "page" of keys you have to hit ctrl + whatever number you want.

its shift+number of the bar you want active
    Sounjah <Strata> of Order
    60 Carpenter - 45 Fletcher - 28 Blacksmith - 23 Outfitter 31 Ranger - 21 Druid - 21 Cleric - 21 Scout
    RedStorm <Strata> of Order Dragon Hatchling

yeah i know what you guys mean but it'd be better to not have to scroll btween bars mid fight, on wow i had something like 40 seperate key bindings set up and never had to worry about paging the bars or which bar was my main bar at any given time - key binding everyhing makes the game much more fluid and a lot less stop start ....for me anyway
    Bloodzone (Fiend)
    Firatic (Draggy)
    =)

Well this sint wow an most of the key bindings are used any who, you could tryin puttin 1 or 2 abilities/spells per hotkey using the marcos.. (right clik then edit hot key)
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

You do know you can have more than 1 hotkey bar on the screen right? The single vertical bar you get when a new character is created is just the base default setting.

You can add as many more bars as you want. They can be individually set to be horizontal or vertical.

I play in 1920x1200 resolution, which for me leaves room for vertical bars, 3 high on the left side. With more added next to them as needed (5 on the dragon, all 10 on the ped).

One thing I will say is that having some more bars beyond 10 could be handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    You do know you can have more than 1 hotkey bar on the screen right? The single vertical bar you get when a new character is created is just the base default setting.

You can add as many more bars as you want. They can be individually set to be horizontal or vertical.

I play in 1920x1200 resolution, which for me leaves room for vertical bars, 3 high on the left side. With more added next to them as needed (5 on the dragon, all 10 on the ped).

Yes, but there are 2 small flaws with this:

Hitting Shift+1, Shift+2 doesn't shift focus between the bars you have displayed. Instead, it changes which bar is displayed on the "Primary" bar... so let's say you have 1-4 displayed side-by-side, like this:

1 2 3 4

Let's say 1 is your current primary... you hit Shift+2, and you get:

2 2 3 4

You now have 2 of #2. I'd like to see that bar #2 becomes primary instead, that'd work much better.

Also, another flaw or tweak, is that we could keybind bars 2-4, and make it so that Shift+up and Shift+down switches between bars instead?

Just throwing out some ideas there.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post

yeah i know all of this - just the point is clicking spells on various bars - even on one makes the game play slower than binding all the frequently used icons to key strokes =)
    Bloodzone (Fiend)
    Firatic (Draggy)
    =)

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    Yes, but there are 2 small flaws with this:

Hitting Shift+1, Shift+2 doesn't shift focus between the bars you have displayed. Instead, it changes which bar is displayed on the "Primary" bar... so let's say you have 1-4 displayed side-by-side, like this:

1 2 3 4

Let's say 1 is your current primary... you hit Shift+2, and you get:

2 2 3 4

You now have 2 of #2. I'd like to see that bar #2 becomes primary instead, that'd work much better.

Also, another flaw or tweak, is that we could keybind bars 2-4, and make it so that Shift+up and Shift+down switches between bars instead?

Just throwing out some ideas there.
    yeah this would be an improvement on the key bindings in game atm =D
    Bloodzone (Fiend)
    Firatic (Draggy)
    =)

Thread Information