Thread: Which server is more active

Default Which server is more active

Hello,

I was considering on coming back but my characters are on Chaos and it does not seem to be real active, is the Order server more active?

Thanks

Default Re: Which server is more active

Having recently transfered from Chaos ot Order, I can say that there are more people on Chaos by a fair margin, but you hear and see more people on Order due to the RP nature of the server.

Quote Originally Posted by Bentwick View Post
    Hello,

I was considering on coming back but my characters are on Chaos and it does not seem to be real active, ....

In what way I wonder, running around on Chaos and finding it rather active myself ..

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i think you wll find, bent, that unfortunately, horizons does not have what can be called a vast player base, so any shard you might play on will most likely be somewhat less populated than some games you might have played.....
    hopefully we can change that in the future, but for now, most of us are enjoying the lack of leets in game and on forums.......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Chaos has always been more populated in my experience. Try the Marketplace and Dragon channels!
    Order sometimes is more 'talkative' though, but you really need to enjoy RolePlay. It really depends on which environment you'd prefer! More RolePlay, or more out-of-character socialization?

(( Though as a personal aside-- I have found that ever since I've been living on Order, I tend to make friends easier and this has led to more OOC socialization in private chats and such! ))

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

Aha!!

*looks about shiftily...*
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

not trying to resurrect an old thread, but it seemed relevant:

I get the channel population--that has the number next to it ,
    but what zone, or map, is usually more active?

sort of the place that most tend to hang out?

There aren't really "zones" or "maps" in this game. Almost all of the world is continuous and interconnected. Certain areas do have a tendency to attract more people though, like Bristugo, Aughundell, and New Trismus. A lot of the players will be out actually playing the game though, and with Istaria being as big as it is and the population being as small as it is, it can get pretty lonely if you're not using the available channels (like Dragon or Marketplace) where most people tend to talk.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Hmmm that's a tough one... I would say Bristugo is the most populated, as that is the largest transport hub with 7 (6? 8?) portals to the majority of Istarian destinations. I usually see people hanging about there, and sometimes you can't see the buildings because Dragons are perched on every area
    Want to know more? Visit the Istaria Wiki!

Sweet, contiguous and populous is good.

So, without zones, how far do /shouts usually go?

That is a good question - I have absolutely no idea Most discussions/questions/comments are usually put into the chat channels in-game. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw/heard someone use /shout! And that's after 5+ years playing (albeit 4hrs a week max lol)
    Want to know more? Visit the Istaria Wiki!

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

never even heard of a shout in horizons.......
    local chat is only like a few meters in the immediate vicinity - you can hear chat on the brist pad in a circle that includes the buildings on the edge of the port pad, but i don't think it makes it to the big tree, if you understand my babbling....

the chat rooms are def the only 'shout' i know of.....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I used to be on Chaos.. but am now on Order.. not sure of a huge population but I am seeing more and more people returning to this game.. itll not likely have HUGE populations because in this realm... You have to actually use your brains.. and the mindless hack/slash/mash buttons is not what this game is about... so if you wish a TRUE challenge Come hither

ps: did i just say most gamers dont have brains? hmm... my bad I meant they dont USE them *sly Saris grin*

There is certainly a /shout command, but I have no idea what it's range is as it's never used. I would bet that it's 2x /say, or maybe 1.5x.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

hmm, ok, I'll play around with it.

Can you hear me now?

Good.

Sounds like I can /shout MORE!!
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Thread Information