Thread: spell casting reqs teched/unteched same

Default spell casting reqs teched/unteched same

Noticed since last patch casting requirements (Skill)for teched and unteched spells are now the same. Skill requirements seem to be 10 times the lvl requirements for any spell teched or not. I am not sure if this is supposed to be the case now, though it wasn't in the past. It does sort of makes sense though , in that a teched sword or armour does not need extra skill to use so why would a spell.

Default Re: spell casting reqs teched/unteched same

Noticed this as well.. would be nice to see official word as to whether this is a bug not as it sometimes dictates what techs I'm putting on spells. Would be annoying to make a triple tech'd T5 spell that works now only to have it wasted if this is fixed.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Noticed since last patch casting requirements (Skill)for teched and unteched spells are now the same. Skill requirements seem to be 10 times the lvl requirements for any spell teched or not. I am not sure if this is supposed to be the case now, though it wasn't in the past. It does sort of makes sense though , in that a teched sword or armour does not need extra skill to use so why would a spell.
    Huh? I dont' understand what you are saying.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

The skill requirment to cast a spell used to be higher if the spell had techniques applied to it. Now the skill requirement is the same for a plain spell and a teched spell. I wondered if this was intended. Maybe its been this way for some time and I have not noticed before I dont know, others I have spoken with have said that they thought the teched spell were supposed to require more skill to use than the non teched.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    The skill requirment to cast a spell used to be higher if the spell had techniques applied to it. Now the skill requirement is the same for a plain spell and a teched spell. I wondered if this was intended. Maybe its been this way for some time and I have not noticed before I dont know, others I have spoken with have said that they thought the teched spell were supposed to require more skill to use than the non teched.
    Which techs?

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

It seemed to be all of them. The skill required was 10 times the lvl requirement of the spell. eg if the lvl requirment is 85 the skill requirment is 850 . I didnt look at every spell I had , though a few other players checked their spell s and had the same thing.

As an example, my Improved Ethereal Paroxysm Spell Triple teched T5 with Spirit Damage V, Scorn V and Pierce V did require base 950 plus 40 per T5 tehc or total of 1070 Spirit to scribe or to cast. Now it shows only the base 950 though it is still triple teched with T5.

In other words, the Spells now behave in the same fashion as Armor Jewelry and Weapons with respect to applied techs.

Knossos

Nothing changed on our end that would do this. We didn't go through and alter every tech. So I am unsure why you see it changed.

It maybe the descriptions only and not the actual true requirements that has changed, ive not checked that. The way the spell requirments is written in the spell description has had a change in that it now has the phrase "*skill * greater than *value*"

The true requirements have changed.

Primal Health V with Cleanse III, Heal Recycle III, and Heal Increase V should have needed a base Primal of 1030. It was scribeable and castable with a base Primal of 1014, the spell itself only saying it needed 920 base for casting, which is the default, unteched requirement.

Every spell I have on my dragon is affected by this; all of my spells require only the default unteched base skill whether they are teched or not.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Chiming in to say the lower level dragon spells seem to have the same issue going for them (with screenshot goodness!): blue-background ones are spells I crafted for myself about a week ago on Order, and I'm pretty sure they had the correct (higher) Primal reqs than shown in this screenshot of them taken today. Black-background spell is showing the item creation window's result if I tack a tech onto a spell currently.

Unable to check at the moment if the requirements on the shown spells are false, too many training points spent.
    Attached Images Attached Images

should we complain?
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I don't mind if it stays like this, I just wondered if it was supposed to be.

Last week I was not able to scribe a triple teched energy spell. I have base 920 energy from mage. The spell required 1030 base to scribe. Yesterday (no changes to my character, no new levels) I was able to scribe the spell because it now says req 920. Maybe the new wording has changed the way the spell looks at current rather than base for req?

Thaalia

Thread Information