Thread: No ETA ...

Default No ETA ...

Just a little frustrated, really.

Today was a (rare!) day off for me, and I was really looking forward to being able to play Istaria. Being in the UK, maintenance started for me at noon, and has been running ever since.

It's now quarter to nine and I just really wish there was some sort of indication whether the downtime was going to be finished "tonight" - as in, I should wait up until half ten or so to see if I can get those scales I was about to do when the fifteen-minute-warning went up done tonight - or whether I should just call it a day, go and grab a shower and hope that when I get home from work tomorrow I can play.

I did see a brief note elsewhere on the forum that "ETA is never given" but the only time a Tuesday maintenance was unfinished when I got home from work at 6PM GMT was when the Dalimond revamp went up - and then a stated ETA of "Late on Thursday" was indeed provided.

*shrug* I guess it's because I don't play any other games that I'm definitely feeling the absence of my game of choice!
    - Kesqui - Formerly of Ice, now of Chaos, lair in Liak
    First Rebirth 12-12-2003 / Ascended to Ancient 12-12-2010

Default Re: No ETA ...

And, of course, as soon as I get bored enough to say something.... the server comes back online

Thanks, devs, for getting it back up tonight
    - Kesqui - Formerly of Ice, now of Chaos, lair in Liak
    First Rebirth 12-12-2003 / Ascended to Ancient 12-12-2010

It said somewhere else that 2 patches are applied. That always takes longer than a normal maintenance.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

For as long as i can remember Istaria / Horizons Never issued an eta on servers being up its part of the game and well known to all. is servers on a Mantince day will be up around 3 or 4 pm Arizona time. On a few chaotic weak where chaos caused... well chaos the server was down for longer .

Ps don't annoy Lady V having her put locks on forms might make her grumpy
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

The fact that we receive no ETA for patching days is a thing I have learned to accept.

The only things that do annoy me is that Chaos always takes longer to get back online then Order.
    Also the fact Silo’s/Storage take ages to open up is a true maintenance annoyance.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Thread Information