Thread: Incorrect Equipemnt window when logging on

Default Incorrect Equipemnt window when logging on

This is a very old bug from the first day of release that still gets on my nerves. To reproduce it is simple, not sure why its still around after 6+ years. But anyway it happens to dragons only, when you log in you get the biped Equipment window if you logged out with your dragon equipment window open.

Steps:

- Make sure you are a dragon
    - Press E to open your equipment window
    - Exit game by ALT+F4 or press the X if in window mode
    - Log back into the game with same dragon character
    - Notice you now have a biped equipment window

Easy to reproduce eh?
    Ancient Azure - Dragon of Blight (Now Chaos) 100/100
    Khan 'Azure' the Patriarch - 1st Adult Dragon
    Too Much Hoard To Count.

Default Re: Incorrect Equipemnt window when logging on

Is your loading screen turned on or off when this happens?
    I just lost the game.

As was said, from what I know this only happens if you play with the loading screen set to "False". Modifying the game files such as setting load screen to false is not a supported modification of the game.

If it is happening with the "loadscreen true", that is something that's new that I was not aware of, and something we need to fix, though, so please do let us know if this happen when using the loading screen.

Oh, that is to bad. I didn't know setting the loading screen to false is considered bad. I have the loading screen off because it takes over a minute to port at times, which is strange to boot, but that's fine if thats the way it is played, thats the way the customer has to play. Though if I where a QA person at VI I would be fighting it. Just not going to make it a second ob doing QA and not getting payed
    Too Much Hoard To Count.

It has nothing to do with QA or not. Every game out there can be modified by the owner to some level or another. That's why the "cheat code" websites get as much business as they do. And every MMO I'm aware of has "Player Mods" too. But that doesn't mean that the company which makes the game supports those mods, cheat codes and other after-creation changes.

Point taken, but it is a single property not a cheat code but I will leave it as is. Hows about speeding up port time then with the loading screen on? hehe...

P.S. You are correct, with loading screen set to true this does not happen, though I am now tempted to see if I can make it happen... Gah, feel like I am at work... lol
    Last edited by Azure; March 28th, 2010 at 02:13 AM.
    Too Much Hoard To Count.

Closing thread as this is not really a bug.

Thread Information