Thread: Adventure Dragon Build

Hybrid View

Default Re: Adventure Dragon Build

Thanks for the tips. No, silos will not be available to me so I won't be able to store vast amounts so better to stick to the single materials as you mentioned. At the moment I'm just trying to get my crafting level up to 20 just to catch it up to my adv level. I was thinking once I'am 20/20 I would maybe go out and get a couple of adv levels and then get a couple of crafting levels and sorta keep things evened up. I do not particularly enjoy crafting so not sure if I will do this or not continually. I'd hate to spend days and days just trying to get my crafting level up so maybe break it up with with adventuring and keep them close so I'm not doing one thing all the time. Again thanks for the advice.

Using spells you are optimal at making is the worst possible way to level your crafting, at least for tier1. It has been proven with numbers over and over.

Always craft the spell that you are barely able to make. You will make less batches but get a hell lot more experience.

I know this particular topic is quite a battlefield between "math freaks" and those who have "always done it like that" but it's simply a fact that a more complicated formula gives far more experience than the increased quantity of a low level one could compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by Morphaz Bladewing View Post
    Using spells you are optimal at making is the worst possible way to level your crafting, at least for tier1. It has been proven with numbers over and over.

Always craft the spell that you are barely able to make. You will make less batches but get a hell lot more experience.

I know this particular topic is quite a battlefield between "math freaks" and those who have "always done it like that" but it's simply a fact that a more complicated formula gives far more experience than the increased quantity of a low level one could compensate.
    Well, to put it simply you are mistaken. and it is quite easy (no math freak needed) to demonstrate.

Make 10 spells you are optimal on. Count the number shards it took to make 10, then subtract from that number the shards recovered in the decon. This is actual shards used. Then add up the exp from the crafting and the decon steps. Divide the exp by the number of shards used to get the exp/shard. Whatever you can craft to get this number the highest is best. Try the same experiment making something you are not optimal on. Exp is better per spell made, but the amount of recovered resources in the decon is much less, total shards used way higher. exp/shards will tell you the truth. Always get that number the highest.

Now if you call being able to add, subtract, and divide being a "math freak", then I will not argue with you. Craft what you want, how you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Well, to put it simply you are mistaken. and it is quite easy (no math freak needed) to demonstrate.

Make 10 spells you are optimal on. Count the number shards it took to make 10, then subtract from that number the shards recovered in the decon. This is actual shards used. Then add up the exp from the crafting and the decon steps. Divide the exp by the number of shards used to get the exp/shard. Whatever you can craft to get this number the highest is best. Try the same experiment making something you are not optimal on. Exp is better per spell made, but the amount of recovered resources in the decon is much less, total shards used way higher. exp/shards will tell you the truth. Always get that number the highest.

Now if you call being able to add, subtract, and divide being a "math freak", then I will not argue with you. Craft what you want, how you want.
    Here are some numbers. Hatchling with level 12 in craft, 156 spellcraft skill.

Brittle (50 min, 150 opt skill): 33.5 xp/shard

Burning Hands (130 min, 230 opt skill): 54,75 xp/shard

It would be even better if I had used a spell that required 150 skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Morphaz Bladewing View Post
    Here are some numbers. Hatchling with level 12 in craft, 156 spellcraft skill.

Brittle (50 min, 150 opt skill): 33.5 xp/shard

Burning Hands (130 min, 230 opt skill): 54,75 xp/shard

It would be even better if I had used a spell that required 150 skill.
    i belive you mean per spell because if it be per shard. 300 spell shards on brittle would need 10050 exp which would push you way off. but well hard math we can work that out.

lets say toy have 300 spell shards:

Brittle will need at optimal 4 spell shards to create. because you are optimal you get 2 back.

burning hands will require 6 shards per spell and only get 1 shard back.

at your current 156 spell craft.

So brittle:

will give you 1675 exp for 200 spell shards you get exp for deconning and get 100 back leaving you with 200 more spell shards. thus another 1675 exp and getting even more exp from salvage and are left with 100 spell shards netting you 837 exp then salvage exp leaving you with 50 spell shards netting you 402 exp. and of course it keeps going.

without counting exp from salvage you get 1675+1675+837+402=4589 exp

burning hands:

will give you 2737 exp for the cost of 300 shards. you only get 50 shards back due to your horrible salvage rate. thus you can only make 8 more spells for 438 exp leaving you with 10 spell shards for 54.75 exp.

without counting exp from salvage you get 2737+438+55 (rounded) = 3230 exp.

now brittle would have gave you much more exp as it continues to give you half of the shards back thus 300 shards alone, including the fact you get more exp from salvaging on brittle then at burning hands due to the amount of shards returned to you. brittle can easy net you 7k exp or more exp including salvage while burning hands wont even reach 4k exp.

your just under the illusion you get more exp because of the big numbers you get on the first attempt. while at optimal you get less per attempt but can continue to get exp since you recieve half back of what you created which adds up. this is noticable even at lowbie lvls where to make 300 spell shards alone is a chore thus you want to get the best exp you can make thus Guaran is right. If you want me to really crunch numbers, by all means i will just to prove going at your optimal AT ANY LVL OF CRAFT is far superior than going for the bigges spell you can do non optimal. Because there are tons of spells you can use to work on you can easly find an optimal spell as you lvl up.

If you are at 90 and using last tier (60) scales, that plays a huge factor.

I've also not heard of someone using Str scales with no armor on it before. What is your armor rating?
    Ahh okey I checked in game - I was wrong.

I'm using a set of level 80 ranked scales (Mithril Marble). They ARE Armor Based Scales. They are teched mostly with mostly Armor/Str/T&C and Health on every piece (outside of the fly/run speed on the wings of course) or the triple Eminence Peice I have .

My overall Armor stat is 1628.

My Points are:

423 in T&C (more than 3/4 of the bar) for a total of 1338 Current T&C
    388 in STR (3/4 the bar) for a total of 1064
    132 in Primal (1/4) - for a total of 1068
    and 137 in Hleaht (1/4 bar) - for a current total of 2427.

I have points nowhere else.

I had always thought T&C was a top priority for lunus/melee dragons, even over STR - even though mine are very close I do tend to put more points in T&C overall. Health because its Health and I know its always helpful . Primal was to ensure I could cast the fully teched t5/6 spells or whatever - and for when I DO use spells (either as a last resort to do damage or when I'm farming) them to be at least a little bit more effective .

But if anyone feels any of those points would be better spent in evasion or more in Str than T&C or whatever - I'm open to ideas. I just..don't feel very strong heh.

Oh and no, I'm not near hoard capped...heh. 2 Millionish.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post

I'm using a set of level 80 ranked scales (Mithril Marble). They ARE Armor Based Scales. They are teched mostly with mostly Armor/Str/T&C and Health on every piece (outside of the fly/run speed on the wings of course) or the triple Eminence Peice I have .

My Points are:

I had always thought T&C was a top priority for lunus/melee dragons, even over STR - even though mine are very close I do tend to put more points in T&C overall. Health because its Health and I know its always helpful . Primal was to ensure I could cast the fully teched t5/6 spells or whatever - and for when I DO use spells (either as a last resort to do damage or when I'm farming) them to be at least a little bit more effective .

But if anyone feels any of those points would be better spent in evasion or more in Str than T&C or whatever - I'm open to ideas. I just..don't feel very strong heh.

Double check your armor, it should be 2000+ unless you do not have much hoard. 25.333 million hoard or more adds a total of 480 armor. 4 for each hoard level + 80 bonus when you max it out above 25.333 million. edit: Just saw where you mentioned the 2 million-ish hoard. Thats about level 51 or so. You should be getting about 200 armor from that, and you could have another 280 armor if you would raise the hoard. Also, you should make sure you have all of the hardened scales quests done. I'm assuming you are level 100 since you have been around forever. If not, then finish your adventure levels and quests. There are new primal mastery and tooth&claw mastery quests that go all the way to level 100 now.

T&C is most important, you should move points into it until it is maxed out. Take points out of str or health. The primal could be lowered a bit, but thats an approximately good place to have it at (1060) (assuming you are making use of our debuff spells grazing wnids and unrelenting winds.) I would take all those points out of str and put them into evasion. The only effective way to raise evasion is tp's. str can be raised with techs, and crystals in sockets, but evasion can't. Evasion is almost always > health. And since you mentioned you have health teched onto your scales, shouldnt be any need for it in training points. Training points are the cheaper way to raise health tho vs str, etc. health costs 1, str costs 4. You might want to re-make your scales dropping the health tech in favor of say crush resistance, etc. Head go with 2 sockets + razor teeth tech. wings, you need to make a new set for combat and leave off the velocity and speed. t&c + str + piercing winds tech on each.

Also, judging from your low hoard level, it appears you don't likely make use of gold rage or other hoard powered abilities? Unless you are using everything at your disposal, it's no suprise you run into difficulty against the tougher mobs. Some you should do fine against, but others are balanced to provide more challenge to the multiclassed and fully geared players.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post

My Points are:

stats like str/dex/focus and power off training points is well not a good place to invest points as at the end spending 600 points for 150 str/dexfocus or power is a very minor buff to your overall stats. it is somthing you can live without as investing eslewhere you wont even notice the difference.

any armor that can be slotted should be slotted , that be chest , forlegs and headpiece. @ lvl 100 off 4 slots you get 260 of any given stat (+65 more on wep) hp by 600 to 750 via xtals.

need lvl 100 armor xtals/jewel and wep xtals. go play with the ghost dwarves in doom they tend to be very generous. also in hoardables.

have problems with hoard and need to get some. well you have a few choices for that and fire opal golems tend to be very generous not only in hoard but with trophies and stuff that you can sell and make a profit off (bipeds will love to buy those trophies or just sell em to a trophy hunter)

scales like a triple pv or stun scale sound very nice but in reality they are only used for key encounters meaning bosses or named mobs like thistleface and the golem king. you wont find them useful on normal mobs as gold rage does a darn good job to 1 shot most of em.

if you are not lvl 100 or if your gold rage cannot really take down a fire opal golem in 1 shot do try sand scarabs. those guys just loooooove to drop priceless rings. 16000 hoard but they are very friendly in giving em to ya.

You may also want to think about dmg increasing teches aval. you may need to ask dragons on your server who have ventured into doom for em.

deadly V requires 2 hunter scorpion stingers 2 vetran mummy wrappings and 4 shining essence. you will need to make a double slotted claw to apply to it and well it gives you 15 dmg delay ajusted (not 15 dmg extra per hit this really increases your overall dmg big time) and 50 chance to hit.

Piercing winds V needs 2 defiled shades ectoplasm and 2 bhal'kuk jawbones. 4 shining essence. these are applied to your wings and you can put up on both for double the boost. you may have to scratch off 1 stat from wings (thus make new ones) these give you 25 dmg delay ajusted each (50 total) this is a huge boost to your dmg big time heck even adding them on speed and velocity teched wings still makes you very strong.

Last one to think about is a bit elusive due to how rare the comps for it are. That one is razor teeth V. this one needs 2 bhal'kuk molars which only the bhal'kuk chieftian will drop and 2 intact mainboards from the robots in old rachival which are rare drops from em (use primal attack to convert your dmg type to primal as they are immune to slash) 4 shining orbs. This gives you 10 dmg delay ajusted and 50 chance to hit at the cost of one jewelry slot on your head scale.

all combinded does help out dragons alot. getting the comps may require help.

Thread Information