Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: June 2010 Content Update Discussion Thread

Default Re: June 2010 Content Update Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Thicklesip View Post
    My question is whether (assuming you have a teleport-ok cargo disk) you can use these scrolls while a cargo disk is attached. That could make for a pretty nice market, actually: instead of running out to the middle of nowhere, gathering resources, and running back to town, just use a scroll and BAM! For people with money to throw around, probably VERY worth it.
    This. I definitely would see far more use to the scrolls if it saves time running around through dangerous territory with a disk slowing me down (even fun as it is to ride my disk full of adamantium down the mountain and beep the nonexistant noses of the undead as I pass through them). Speed plus reducing chance of dp = hot seller.

Scrolls (that I have seen thus far) are type "unknown" and as such cannot be seen with Consigner filters and thus are most difficult to see when posted on any consigner on which lots of stuff is posted.

Knossos

Quote Originally Posted by Thicklesip View Post
    My question is whether (assuming you have a teleport-ok cargo disk) you can use these scrolls while a cargo disk is attached. That could make for a pretty nice market, actually: instead of running out to the middle of nowhere, gathering resources, and running back to town, just use a scroll and BAM! For people with money to throw around, probably VERY worth it.
    As far as I know, you can't.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    This. I definitely would see far more use to the scrolls if it saves time running around through dangerous territory with a disk slowing me down (even fun as it is to ride my disk full of adamantium down the mountain and beep the nonexistant noses of the undead as I pass through them). Speed plus reducing chance of dp = hot seller.
    And if you put the shop price at around 5-7s, it's a great gold sink too.

There is no restriction on cargo disks with the Travel Scrolls. That said, I have not personally tested it.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    There is no restriction on cargo disks with the Travel Scrolls. That said, I have not personally tested it.
    Well that definitely (potentially) changes things.

Unhappy Re: June 2010 Content Update Discussion Thread

------------------------------------

Monsters

Shadow Spider Hatchlings will again spawn near Old Rachival
    • Syrian the Shadow Spider Breeder and the Shadow Spider Huntress will now spawn with a level range.
    Uhm... can you please check the spawn rate of the Shadow Spider Hatchlings in the Silk Spot near Augh?
    They spawn now so incredibly fast, that you cannot gather there at all any more. I used to harvest the Silk there always in former times. But now you are surrounded by 5-6 Shadow Spider Hatchlings within seconds. While fighting they already respawn again.
    I'm a lvl 100 reaver with 107 rating and now have always to run and didn't manage to harvest one single plant. Is this really intended?
    Susan - Lvl 85 Tink and many, many other crafting classes
    Andarielle - Lvl 100 Adv / Lvl 100 Cra Dragoness

Former ICE

Strange I cannot edit my post above....
    Well... I went there again. It seems that the Shadow Spider Hatchlings aren't aggro any more? They leave you in peace when you don't attack. But beware of a Breeder, then you have the whole field on you, hehe.
    Susan - Lvl 85 Tink and many, many other crafting classes
    Andarielle - Lvl 100 Adv / Lvl 100 Cra Dragoness

Former ICE

Scrolls feedback:
    Teleport scrolls. Should be useful for crafters.

Shield scrolls: The effect is only one minute and these are some of the more resource intensive scrolls. 2 spells + orbs + paper. And you cannot use it in combat. Suggested change: Either allow the shield scroll to be useable in combat, or make the effect last longer. It's already limited to 5 hits and then it fades anyway. 1 minute is too short. These feel too closely to trinket effects, and trying to use one before a fight only to get a 60 second effect. It's practially useless. 15 minutes would be better. In fact it would be a good idea to go back and look at all the effects from trinkets, and change any 60 second effects to 15 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Scrolls feedback:
    Teleport scrolls. Should be useful for crafters.
    What Guaran hasn't mentioned is that he tested using a teleport scroll with a cargo disc equipped and the teleport worked (disc an all).

The teleport scrolls may prove to be more useful than I first thought :P
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Wink Re: June 2010 Content Update Discussion Thread

I've been wacking on the Inhibition for 1/2 hour and it's at half health. Hope I get a cool reward.

In fact it would be a good idea to go back and look at all the effects from trinkets, and change any 60 second effects to 15 minutes.
    Flat out, no. They are simply meant to be a replacement for the spells they mirror. Nothing more.

The Shield scrolls duration I will take into consideration.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Flat out, no. They are simply meant to be a replacement for the spells they mirror. Nothing more.

The Shield scrolls duration I will take into consideration.
    The trinkets/tablets/baubles/figurines, many of them don't replace spells at all. They had new cool effects. But many of the good effects are useless because they fade in 60 seconds.

Example 1: Alyssa's Enervated State V
    16% chances for your spells to do 50% damage.
    Duration 10 minutes.

Thats an undesireable effect you have a chance at getting. and it lasts 10 minutes. fair enough.

Example 2: Divine Protection
    Deals spirit damage to foes who attack you.
    Duration 1 minute.

That could be useful, but it fades too fast. make it ablative so that there is a maximum amount of effect, but at least give the player more time to utilitize it. At little tweaking could help make the trinkets worthwhile. As they are now, most people don't bother to loot them and if they do, they delete them (they don't pawn). A lot of work went into putting them in, it's a bit of a shame they aren't being used.

btw I'm not trying to sidetrack the scroll discussion. These are a nice interesting addition for which I see alot of potential. If the trinkets are fixed, they could have greater positive effects vs scrolls, but you take a chance since there is a chance to get something negative. The negative effects provide the balance in trinkets. The fact that you know what you are getting up front with scrolls is their advantage. Both have a place.
    Last edited by Guaran; June 27th, 2010 at 02:44 AM.

Lantenal does not attune hatchlings and bipeds who have a token of esteem

The trinkets/tablets/baubles/figurines, many of them don't replace spells at all. They had new cool effects. But many of the good effects are useless because they fade in 60 seconds.
    True, they don't. But they were never meant to.

After consideration, I would be willing to bump the shield scroll's duration to 5 minutes. But, the recycle is going to be bumped as well.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    Aha, definitely got me then. I found the biting chest fun to battle!
    LOL yeah, 1st time I saw that hopping, biting chest I almost died laughing... was watching it go too much and not paying enough attention to the fight.
    I LOVE em! Reminds me of The Luggage.
    Yeah, I want my stuff back too. Sentimental value on those ROP items.
    Thanks for working to get those back to us.

Gonna have to agree with the RoP stuff too. Especially if there is no real use for it anymore, there is no harm in letting us keep what some of put hours/days into collecting. It was said it was being worked on, but should I be sending in a ticket as well as waiting?

Otherwise I look forward to trying out the new teleport scrolls. Expensive yes, but it makes lairshaping SOOO much easier.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

Actually Nayuaka, I would imagine that outside of hatchlings dragons would be the least likely to use the teleport spells for crafting (outside of those few who are rich and can spare the coin). I can see hatchlings using it for the same reasons bipeds do - but any flying dragon can just alter the disc they use and fly to the nearest portal for cheaper. Avoiding any mob aggro or even any mountains if you fly high enough. I can go afk for the time it takes me to fly to a portal - avoiding all mobs - and then porting for less than the cost of a scroll.

Though again, its still a money sink for those who can afford it. Hatchlings usually aren't of either party - they normally wouldn't be able to afford doing it often, and they can't fly . *Usually*.

And I'm glad to hear about the restoring of the ROP items to our vaults - I saved several items I've been given over the years and all had personal inscriptions. Not all adult statues come from ROPs either - I've had them given (and gave them out) at Bonding Ceremonies as well. Inscribed with names and messages...

So I hope when the items are restored they have their inscriptions restored as well!

And I hope we don't have to submit tickets, I can't tell you how many I had or what specfiically I had. I just know I had them .
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing View Post
    The teleport scrolls may prove to be more useful than I first thought :P
    Really? Have you guys notice the recycle time on these things? It's a whopping ONE HOUR. And its on a shared timer. Meaning if I use a Kion teleport scroll, I have to wait one hour before I can use another teleport scroll regardless if its a different destination scroll like to Chiconis or Sslanis.

I can probably run from Kion while carrying a disk all the way to Aughundell, use Aughundell's portal and port to Sslanis FASTER than it would take to wait for my Sslanis Teleport Scroll to "recycle" again. I can't imagine a scenario, crafting or adventuring, on a biped or dragon, where I would use these instead of a recall or regular portal.

And then you have the whole money thing and how much it costs just to buy these tokens. The cheapest is 1s and 500c. But there are others out there costing as much as 3 and 5s each. EACH!
    Okay so you are saying "they not suppose to replace portals and you paying for the "convenience".
    .. Really? What's the convenience? They only go to racial cities. How many plots/lairs could POSSIBLY be in walking distance to these cities? Chances are you still going to pay more money to a portal OUT of these cities as soon as you use the scrolls because your plot/lair is in some settlement/guild island/whatever.
    (Meaning three ports. One port via using the expensive scroll you bought, 2nd port to bristugo (cause it has portals that go everywhere), and 3rd port to the settlement your plot/lair is actually on. And it probably will be 3 ports for most of the community because racial cities only have portals that go to OTHER racial towns (and Trandalar))!
    And you cannot say it convenience time wise.... because as I just pointed out it takes an hour to recycle. So really... I can't fathom where this "convenience" you speak of is.

My definition of money sink (off the top of my head)- Something that is very useful and in constant demand; bought in mass quantities causing people to spend lots of their money on. Something that is used quickly and therefore needs to bought constantly. Something that a majority of people need/want. The exact opposite of how I would describe these teleport scrolls.

The only way these things are a money sink is by tricking new scholars into buying and making them- only to later realize how useless they actually are.

Seems a shame and yet funny at the same time. Shame that something that was in the works for such a long period of time and sounding absolutely awesome ends up actually being made lame and possibly a waste of said time. Funny cause we are constantly hearing how other things are put off because they would waste too much time to get them to work or fixed! (I am still waiting for my loyalty token, but in light of this post I am probably never going to get it now cause I've made you all pissed.) :B

Because this is merely my views on these teleport scrolls, and the usefulness of them (or lack thereof), I am not going to bother with a suggestion because I am not looking nor expecting any change be made to them. All I know is that as they are, *I* won't be wasting my money or resources making or selling them.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Ack, I didn't realise they had a 1 hour recycle on them (the teleport scrolls).

Maybe that needs to be reviewed if its meant to be 'for convenience'.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Thread Information