Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: See, this is why we _needed_ Nadia....

Default Re: See, this is why we _needed_ Nadia....

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Looking at the spawns for Snow Beetles, there are far more Small than standard. We'll fix that with the next patch to Blight so they are more balanced.
    Thank you Amon! This will be a big help.

Dracaena

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Crap now i am out of work in game world 2

way to stick it to the comp hunters Devs
    You were charging 100s per t5 tech comp?

Cuz unless I'm mistaken, Nadia's exhorbitant prices still leaves plenty of space for the tech hunters.

You just have to make sure that everyone knows you're willing to hunt techs for coin, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarog View Post
    You were charging 100s per t5 tech comp?

Cuz unless I'm mistaken, Nadia's exhorbitant prices still leaves plenty of space for the tech hunters.

You just have to make sure that everyone knows you're willing to hunt techs for coin, that's all.
    ...or better yet, stick em up on the Technique Resource Consigner.

That's what she's there for, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    ...or better yet, stick em up on the Technique Resource Consigner.

That's what she's there for, right?
    I'm not about to waste 10% of the potential purchase price on putting stuff up on a connie when I have no idea whether people will buy it or not. Tech resources are something that you buy only when you need to make an item, and there's no way you can reasonably put up a large number of techs for a wide variety of items week after week and still expect to make any kind of coin for your efforts.

I'm not about to waste 10% of the potential purchase price on putting stuff up on a connie when I have no idea whether people will buy it or not. Tech resources are something that you buy only when you need to make an item, and there's no way you can reasonably put up a large number of techs for a wide variety of items week after week and still expect to make any kind of coin for your efforts.
    It'd be nice if there were a connie option for length of time to consign an item - those crafting that want the dump in their vaults could select the minimum (e.g., 1 week) while those who want to just make things available to folks for longer could select the maximum (e.g., 8 weeks).

I hear you. Hadn't really thought about it until today. Was cleaning the comps out of my vault today targeting t3/t4 and threw a bunch up because a person I talked with last night would only say they were looking for "everything". By the time I got around to seeing what surplus t5 undead comps I had to list I get this cute little message. "Warning: This consignment will take 1/3 of your coins. Do you want to list this consignment?" Or something to that effect, can't remember exact wording. I spent about 100 silver today listing stuff and is totally random if any of it will even sell.

Dracaena

Quote Originally Posted by Dracaena View Post
    I hear you. Hadn't really thought about it until today. Was cleaning the comps out of my vault today targeting t3/t4 and threw a bunch up because a person I talked with last night would only say they were looking for "everything". By the time I got around to seeing what surplus t5 undead comps I had to list I get this cute little message. "Warning: This consignment will take 1/3 of your coins. Do you want to list this consignment?" Or something to that effect, can't remember exact wording. I spent about 100 silver today listing stuff and is totally random if any of it will even sell.

Dracaena
    T3 and 4? What cosign was this on?

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    T3 and 4? What cosign was this on?
    The comp consigner at Aug (order).

Dracaena

BTW, on the subject of people leaving Order, I've pondered doing this very thing myself...

Maybe we should just merge Order and Chaos and be done with it... this (extreme difficulty obtaining certain comps) is one of the things killing Order, and it would be nice if actual goods were up on Consigner (last I checked Augh, there's 400 or less items up all week long).

The problem with moving to another server, though, is I'd hate to lose all of those lair rooms (and the lair itself). Ugh. That, and I still know a few peeps that I'd hate to just bail on... but if it weren't for those few peeps, I'd be seriously tempted to novian the freaking lair and move to Chaos just to get some progress on my character (read: Find actual items I need on consigners), TBH.
    Firstly, I have to agree with what Dracaena said.

Secondly, I would not want to merge the servers anyway. I have gotten thoroughly disgusted with MMORPG's where game mechanics and RL stuff is all anyone ever talks about and despite being an RPG there is NO RP whatsoever taking place. I love that about Order and would hate to see it squished in with the others over in Chaos. Leave them where they are and us where we are.

hey- you haven`t met those great folks of Chaos yet.

What you describe is NOT whats goin on on Chaos.
    I had great rp there- different from Order- but nice, subtle rp too.

If there should ever be a merge- I`ll be happy to meet my old friends there again and shall introduce them to my friends of Order
    (and will never stop crying about my lost plots and lair on Order^^)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Hmm, my apologies if I ruffled anyones' scales by suggesting a merge...

I wrote that when I was in a more ranty mood, after having gone through frustrations both in Istaria and in another game... I wasn't really feeling that optimistic that day when I wrote that.

I still wish we had more people on Order, and more people willing to consign items. RP and all is nice (though I rarely see any and/or rarely get any responses when I attempt it), but when it is difficult to find help (I remember someone lamenting how one can go days without seeing a single Lv100 dragon capable of assisting with ARoP the other day in Dragon Chat) and when there are rarely any decent merchandise on consigners... it gets difficult to progress your character.

It gets frustrating when a server's low population is causing you to have great troubles in trying to advance your character....

Hmm, my apologies if I ruffled anyones' scales by suggesting a merge...

I wrote that when I was in a more ranty mood, after having gone through frustrations both in Istaria and in another game... I wasn't really feeling that optimistic that day when I wrote that.

I still wish we had more people on Order, and more people willing to consign items. RP and all is nice (though I rarely see any and/or rarely get any responses when I attempt it), but when it is difficult to find help (I remember someone lamenting how one can go days without seeing a single Lv100 dragon capable of assisting with ARoP the other day in Dragon Chat) and when there are rarely any decent merchandise on consigners... it gets difficult to progress your character.

It gets frustrating when a server's low population is causing you to have great troubles in trying to advance your character....
    I also wish there were more people here. I haven't been asked or heard of anyone looking for rift help in quite some time and I enjoy the hunts. Last person I heard looking for a group was trying to get a Shaloth hunt together for the quest, and no we didn't find enough people. But I do play a number of alts and none of my characters have been in dragon channel since last summer, after they came close to running me off shard. That I think is a lot of the reason our shard is low population. Besides the fact that rp servers aren't as popular as normal servers in any game.

Dracaena

*nods in grief*

Cool Re: See, this is why we _needed_ Nadia....

*Sticks snout into thread*

What's the population of order like?

It's 20:30 BST now and there are 49 visible ppl on chaos.

If its as low on order as ppl have already suggested then what about bringing nadia back to order only, until the population recovers? The fact that nadia has been brought back on Blight shows that this may be possible.

*Runs away quickly *
    Last edited by Chasing; June 30th, 2010 at 07:41 PM.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Thought that was asked previously and if they added to order then would have to be added to chaos, and personally no I dont want nadia back.

I had volunteered to hunt on order if I were copied there, strictly to help out, but never got a response.

Hmm... Had heard that for a rl $ cost one could move from one live shard to the other - but have not heard that a copy from one live shard to the other is possible.

Knossos

COPYING to a live shard (even from another live shard) is not allowed for obvious reasons.

MOVING your character, however, is allowed.

I also wish there were more people here. I haven't been asked or heard of anyone looking for rift help in quite some time and I enjoy the hunts. Last person I heard looking for a group was trying to get a Shaloth hunt together for the quest, and no we didn't find enough people. But I do play a number of alts and none of my characters have been in dragon channel since last summer, after they came close to running me off shard. That I think is a lot of the reason our shard is low population. Besides the fact that rp servers aren't as popular as normal servers in any game.

Dracaena
    Color me curious, but how does one "run you off shard"?

Were they (people on Order) excessively rude and/or bullying? I'd think that the admins wouldn't take too kindly to that type of behavior, surely?

People not being able to keep something the players do and something the characters do separate. Conflicts in OOC and IC ideals. What should and should not be allowed in RP to keep it consistent. The usual mess.

*waves to Chasing and Jayne* thy for your input, much appreciated

To be honest, I can`t tell what the average population on Oder is.
    It differs much- and people are spread in various channels. Lots invis.

The prob is more, that there are not enough enthusiastic hunters.

Atm comp- consi in Augh is very well sorted.

Much thanks to all who put comps in!!

Thread Information