Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Suggestions For Dragons!

Default Re: New Suggestions For Dragons!

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
    I have a lot of ideas but there are no firm plans at this point. And I won't say more. Nope! Mums the word! My lips are zipped!
    Sounds like it time to get the crowbar.

I wonder if it were to become more than a mod and becomes a real ingame patch, would the changes be available to the dragons already made or just the new ones in the character's creation.

*Wonders what Xan looks like with a red tongue*
    Last edited by Xanthia; June 28th, 2010 at 03:56 PM.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthia View Post
    Sounds like it time to get the crowbar.
    Nah, Solitare loves showing off neat things to us No crowbar needed, just hatchie eyes and a relevant "Wouldn't it be cool if..." thread. So start guessing! :P

The modification for the teeth, claws, horns and mouth has been uploaded. Check the thread here to download the file.

Cool I will give this a try when I get home from work. Is it compatible with the original ancient model? I noticed there are no overlapping files, just wonder if the textures will still line up properly? I suppose I will know once I give it a try

Although I did not test it with many models, it should be compatible with them all since hatchling, adult and ancient bodies were all developed from the same source model so that the textures would not have to be individually wrapped on each one. It is possible that there would be an issue with a head or two but if there are it should be very minor.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    Nah, Solitare loves showing off neat things to us No crowbar needed, just hatchie eyes and a relevant "Wouldn't it be cool if..." thread. So start guessing! :P
    Fine. *Rubs chins* Hmmm...hmmmm.... hmmmmm

Oh! I got one.

*bats eyes at Solitare* Wouldn't it be cool if we could have a pet dryad that we could put in a cage, and hang it inside our lairs? *grins*

..... What? I can dream!
    Fine fine...... Ummm, how about hoard rooms? They're awesome.
    What else....
    How about developing the Naka Belt? :P *a cookie for those who got the joke.*
    Last edited by Xanthia; June 29th, 2010 at 05:00 AM.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

How about developing the Naka Belt? :P
    I think only the Avatar of Pain and company have the formula for something like that, no?

It depends which server board I think is which.

Fine. *Rubs chins* Hmmm...hmmmm.... hmmmmm

Oh! I got one.

*bats eyes at Solitare* Wouldn't it be cool if we could have a pet dryad that we could put in a cage, and hang it inside our lairs? *grins*

..... What? I can dream!
    Fine fine...... Ummm, how about hoard rooms? They're awesome.
    What else....
    How about developing the Naka Belt? :P *a cookie for those who got the joke.*
    http://firedragon97.deviantart.com/favourites/#/d24kvw0 xD I get it!

That was quite humorous. Unfortunately, I don't think that a "Naka Belt" will ever be a feature in Istaria. The ISPCB (Istarian Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Bipeds) might object. The lawsuits would be endless.

Been away for a while but i was gonna ask why cant we make our dragons look like some of the NPCs in the game? Like purpleish red or like the historian. Been confused about that or that gray/white decal color on the hermit know anything about that sol ir t really bugs me

Those NPCs are detailed by a full color texture, of which there are 3. I was not around when they were created but I think that the intent was to have special characters that stand out. All of the player dragon options are based upon those 3 textures but what happens is that the texture is changed to grayscale and those are influenced by tints. While this creates a lot of flexibility in coloring your character it comes at a cost of losing a little bit of detail which is why some of the texture and color combinations may appear a little washed out. The Hermit is not one of full color textures. I have not looked at his database entry to be sure, but I think that color combination is achievable in creation. I don't think anything was created special for him but I could be wrong.

We actually should be able to create more detailed looking tints in the future. Back when the dragon tints were created, they were using a laborious process of setting up 256 colors in a .act file. There is a different way of doing it that I believe was developed after the .act files were created that will allow for quicker and more detailed results. I'm surprised that nobody commented on it when I posted that horn and claw preview in post 11 above. The color of that dragon is an experimental prototype done while we were learning to use the newer method.

The bright purple dragon? Now that I look at it, I do see that it's not one used in character creation. But we do have two different purples for scale color, so that's probably why no one noticed.

There's only 7 base scale colors currently: Two golds, Black and Grey, two blues, two greens, Pink, two purples, two reds.
    Decal colors are:Blue, Yellow, Green, Red, Pink, and a different green (sometimes blue)

Thanks to using different body textures and the two types of decals (light and dark), "Green" can range from a dark forest to light mint, creating so many possibilities that it's rare to find the exact same dragon, but unfortunately because there's so few variation in basic scale color, a lot of dragons look alike.

The Hermit's colors are not creatable because he uses white decals, something not available to players, but I believe his base type can be created.

We're also missing a few basic colors: Orange, Brown.
    Having more variation in decal tint color would create even more unique dragons.

well yes i want brown orange light type thing is createable thouigh

Pheonix!

i wanted a pheonix in the game i think just smooth out the back scales and take away the spikes and make more feathery things with a fluffly thing on the end and paws for the back and a new head for the colors keep them the same and ascention flying ancient etc.

Sea Dragons!!

For ancient i think good thign instead of khutit would be sea monster requiering a quest you swim around walk/run on bottom of water bed and under water things to fight and under water lairs maybe and you walk on land with a waddle thing type thingy lol

P.S. i typed this the first time much much much longer and i had to relog... -;- typeind it the second time very very veryyy!!! long.... -;- had to relog.... last timn e i typed iit short XD

It sure would be nice if the ancient's breath weapons came out at the right angle, so they didn't look like they're shooting out of their eyes.

"frickin lasers!"

I just got a reason to become Ancient - I want firey laser beam eyes!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Thread Information