Thread: Am I Missing Something

Default Am I Missing Something

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I've searched for answers and asked around the shard and everyone seems equally at a loss. These drag and drop one shot craft tech kits have got to have the worst description of what they are I've ever seen anywhere. Is this intended that you knock off a quest get great xp, good coin payment a something that looks like it might be a good tech and considering what you just did to get it it should be you'd think. But what does it actually do , none im lugging around actually have numbers attached. You can tell if what it goes on but thats it, they appear to be one shot deals, so what is it best apllied on without knowing what its even gonna apply, does it need a open tech slot , what other techs does it stack with.

There is so much to weigh on what to put a one shot tech kit on, its bumps could be better on one spell than another same for some the other tech kits and craft tech kits and armour kits too. Is this supposed to be such a guessing game, are they even worth worrying about ever using, am i just missing something and all the necesary info is there and I'm missing it. Im sure what spells, weapons etc youd even want them on would change player to player, but I dont see how you could evenuse one without knowing what it does to figure out its best applied on.

The grip kit from the ranger trainer is an example, is it stackable with a bow tech, is it stackable with powershot tech, i heard it does need a tech spot open, does it stack with similar xtals, is it best put on a socketed item or a teched itemed. After you use can it be removed if all this needs figured out through trial and error. Everyone I know thinks these things look like great loot but evverybodies just carrying them around because no ones the answers to these questions and no one wants to lose something that might be good figuring it out.

Default Re: Am I Missing Something

Amen.

Knossos

The least they could have done, was, say..

"This item increases Logging skill by 10. Requires a free tech slot to apply."

Or some-such.

thirded. or, technically fourthed.

Default It is a Tech

It is a Tech, it needs a tech slot free. I have yet to see one outside of Color and Recharge that does not.

However, I agree with this quite a bit and what makes it even more pressing is that had I known that the tech kit you get as a warrior was so Godly compared to any other tech you get in the entire game I would have saved it for nearly my last weapon.

I tried saving the one you get as a mage for Spells but it turns out that one by comparison is pretty weak.

There could use to be a few more quests for a few more universally applicable (for Dragons AND Bipeds) Tech Kits for Armor and Weapons like the Hunter's Retribution Tech for instance.
    "Nothing Is Never Not... everything is never."-Vacuus, Lord of Nothing

Default Re: It is a Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkuu View Post
    It is a Tech, it needs a tech slot free. I have yet to see one outside of Color and Recharge that does not.

However, I agree with this quite a bit and what makes it even more pressing is that had I known that the tech kit you get as a warrior was so Godly compared to any other tech you get in the entire game I would have saved it for nearly my last weapon.

I tried saving the one you get as a mage for Spells but it turns out that one by comparison is pretty weak.

There could use to be a few more quests for a few more universally applicable (for Dragons AND Bipeds) Tech Kits for Armor and Weapons like the Hunter's Retribution Tech for instance.
    For that matter, that flame tech you get at the very beginning of the game.

If I had known that the damage scales as you gain levels, I wouldn't have dropped it on a lowly bronze longsword. I would have kept it and put it on, say, a mithril maul or some-such. lol.

If you're not sure what techs stack make a char copy from your toons shard to blight on this website.

https://play.istaria.com/

I know calimirs tech and one of the following (frozen/flame rune/ and flame tech from warrior) stack and a socket on t5 weapons. all the chest and head techs for armor from the t2 revamp don't stack. Have a friend make the tools you need pre/tech application and make a char copy to blight. Test the techs out on blight server you can also make many versions of your toon on blight too. I've noticed the fishing tech gives +50 to fishing on a yew fishing pole. I also know the craft xstals with similiar skill won't stack with same skill on a tech. Save the techs for end game tools/weapons/armor

I think I've only used the Blackhammer Crest kit (on shield for when I'm level 100 cleric) and the Fishing Master kit. All the others are sitting in my vault until I can figure out how to use them to best advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Riaken View Post
    If you're not sure what techs stack make a char copy from your toons shard to blight on this website.

https://play.istaria.com/

I know calimirs tech and one of the following (frozen/flame rune/ and flame tech from warrior) stack and a socket on t5 weapons. all the chest and head techs for armor from the t2 revamp don't stack. Have a friend make the tools you need pre/tech application and make a char copy to blight. Test the techs out on blight server you can also make many versions of your toon on blight too. I've noticed the fishing tech gives +50 to fishing on a yew fishing pole. I also know the craft xstals with similiar skill won't stack with same skill on a tech. Save the techs for end game tools/weapons/armor
    Therein lies the problem:

If I had _known_ that, waaaaay back when I did the quest, I would have done things differently.

Nowhere in the description does it say that flame tech does that much freaking damage at later levels. It says "2-5" if I recall. So you think "pfft, just some level 1 item to tinker around with" ... which is _very_ misleading.

So you drop it on an item, and then later find out that you threw away a ridiculously good item, and it is like "arrgh!" especially when you can't get it anymore.

I think the least they could do, is give us a repeatable quest, that allows us to re-quest it, given how little information is given to us about it.

Face it, copying a character to Blight _just to test it out_ isn't really a feasible solution. It wastes our time, it wastes server resources, and it wastes bandwidth. I'd rather they just Explain things straight up, when it comes to One-Time Items.

(btw, Amon: These are the little things, that sum up-
    and made friends of mine leave the game)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I agree with what Teto is saying. better descriptions please!

For most of the new t2 tech kits, I tried them on blight and posted screenies on the crimson dawn forums' gallery: http://www.crimson-dawn.org/forum/ga...php?album_id=2

I think one of them may have been changed a little bit since then, but nothing major.

I would rather know if certain techs stack, I hate how some techs replace previously applied techs. Before I knew about blight char transfer, I must have asked a million times in all chats if calimirs tech and frozen tech stack on a weapon. Heck, I didn't know that a craft tech and a cog of same skill didn't stack. List this info on the blight notes at least.

Add my vote -

I'm still sitting on techs that dropped/quest rewarded from the new tier II content because they came with zippo explanation and I have to ask elsewhere and let other people figure it out before I waste it trying to find out what they do.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Thread Information