Thread: loot suggestion

Default loot suggestion

This is something that I have been chewing on for a while and since the dev team has asked for feedback on revamping the loot I figured I would post it, but since it doesn’t really fit into the ‘ask the dev’ post ill put it in suggestions.
    I like the ‘rub-off’ technique mechanism. I think a new drop could make use of this, like the dye tech kits, but make it work with all existing techs. For example:
    Strength 5, make a ‘Strength 5 kit’ recipe. calls for 2 golem chips, 2 venom and 4 shining orbs. Either leave those reqs in place or add another, papyrus or something. Finished tech kit could then be sold at consigners. Hunters and crafters could then go to the connie, purchase the tech kits they want, purchase the item they want to put the tech(s) on, and make a custom item ala carte. There would be more movement of goods and coin. On chaos at least, the person commissioning the item being made is expected to provide the tech comps. the crafter usually will take only tips for payment. Personally I go out and hunt up what I need, but others simply buy them and take them to the crafter. This can often take more time due to availability than going out and hunting them up. Then you have to find a crafter who can make the item you want, etc. The system I am proposing allows the crafter to buy/have the tech comps in advance, make the tech kits, and then have a ready supply of techs and items to be teched on the consigner. I am also suggesting that these kits be an adjunct. I am not suggesting that we completely scrap the existing system. They would be like what we have in place now for dyes. We have dyes, we have dye kits. Both are used.
    *disclaimer* I just got off a 12 hour shift in the ER on the last night of the local ‘bierfest’. I may not be making a whole lot of sense atm.
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Default Re: loot suggestion

This sugestion has actualy come up before, and as before I fully suport this idea. Its hard to make a profit as a crafter particularly in weapons, armor, tools and even spells as noone wants to buy just blank pieces (normally) and teching a piece can be really hit or miss as to wether it'll sell.

On the same note it can be very hard finding someone who can make an item teched the way you want thats on the same time you are.

Yep, a quick search shows that this has been suggested at least twice in the past (doh). sounds like it would be a lot of work, unfortunately. glad to see that others are thinking along the same lines.
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

I'm in favor of this if dragons get to be included to be able to make the tech kits also (of course only kits they could make to begin with)

also this should include spell techs

i can see this really helping the new player base, i have tons of low lvl comps really sitting doing nothing, i can turn those into tech kits and sell them in new T for the new players

Are you talking about tech'n gear after creation? Stat Techniques like dye kits? That's a fantastic idea. Even making damage proc techs of all damage types would rock. Or rare tech drops that give other bennifits. Spirit walk proc. CoT proc that lasts 20 hit's. Etheral proc. Maybe the intro to stronger techs on armor +30stat +25 craft +50 hp's

Even tier1 tech comps are hard to farm as a new player, most arent sold. BUT, if they could buy the kits they can tech gear the way they want to.

Or..... adding a special armor tech that can make t5 armor with 3 slots have a fourth special slot. Like a 1% damage reduction. In DaoC gear can be spellcrafted with 4 slots and the fifth slot give a little extra special kick 10 armor/ 15stat etc etc. This little extra kick is added at creation of item tho.

I played DAOC from launch and I can tell you a lvl 50 char at launch decked out was no match to a lvl 50 today decked out of same class. The point of these games, and keeping people, is to make us more powerful.
    Last edited by Riaken; October 17th, 2010 at 08:59 PM. Reason: spelling

I really, really like this suggestion too. Would mean I could do something with all the tech components I've got, without feeling like I have to make a set of scales that maybe nobody wants....
    - Kesqui - Formerly of Ice, now of Chaos, lair in Liak
    First Rebirth 12-12-2003 / Ascended to Ancient 12-12-2010

Thread Information