Thread: New Race of Creatures/ Mobs

Default New Race of Creatures/ Mobs

How about some warer dweling creatures to fight with underwater cities.
    Could open up a new crafting area with armor to let us breathe underwater.
    Just make deep trenched so we cant walk too far.

Default Re: New Race of Creatures/ Mobs

i do believe its a nice idea and actaully there was a water race in the very beginings of the game.. however with the game engine and money it would take to do so.. i dont think its possible.. however im not a dev :P

Oh THAT isn't a creepy question at all. Begone HTML formbox!

Well I am NOT an expert on the game's engine or anything, but from what I've seen , it may be indeed possible to create an underwater enviroment.

But it may be very difficult. And I doubt they will simply add the whole ability to swim and go underwater simply for the sake of ONE new group of mobs.

Perhaps in a future update...you never know!
    We're all stuck in a mess of relationships,
    that go on with or without you.

I don't remember any sea races in the early days of the game. I do recall talk of adding sea monsters and ocean travel, via ships, with the possibility of sea battles. But as far as I know, it was concept only.
    I never met a gnome I didn't like. For tender morsels they are!

Quote Originally Posted by Fix View Post
    Well I am NOT an expert on the game's engine or anything, but from what I've seen , it may be indeed possible to create an underwater enviroment.

But it may be very difficult. And I doubt they will simply add the whole ability to swim and go underwater simply for the sake of ONE new group of mobs.

Perhaps in a future update...you never know!
    If you just removed the breath mechanic then anyone could wander anywhere and you could put things anywhere you liked.

Or you could make it a spell or potion that temporaily removed the breath mechanic or even a piece of equipment that did the job. However given the limitations of the game I think the easiest way to make it happen would be to just remove the breath mechanic altogether.

That is if it is even worth doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Draeconis View Post
    I don't remember any sea races in the early days of the game. I do recall talk of adding sea monsters and ocean travel, via ships, with the possibility of sea battles. But as far as I know, it was concept only.
    Well there was a Sea Race pre-blackout, the Lamurians:

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Sweet, I wonder if it went beyond concept and the race is actually part of the files?

No it is not. The original owner had no concept of budgets or what could feasibly be coded.
    Ideas are nice, but sadly if there is no more thought to it than just the idea and not the execution, you get this, something that never made it past 'concept'.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    No it is not. The original owner had no concept of budgets or what could feasibly be coded.
    Ideas are nice, but sadly if there is no more thought to it than just the idea and not the execution, you get this, something that never made it past 'concept'.
    ahh too bad

His voice! It is in the arbotus!

Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Quote Originally Posted by joemarra052075 View Post
    Sweet, I wonder if it went beyond concept and the race is actually part of the files?
    There are no assets what so ever for the Lamurians made that I've ever seen. From what I understand, even back when they had all the grand ideas for the game in the early days, the race was in and out of the lineup. Even if they had been made they would not be suitable for use now. Especially as a player race. The models would be much too low in detail. It looks like the models for the races were made then the final lineup of races were remade at a higher detail level. I've seen a few legacy models in archival material that I evaluated then rejected for that reason.

Thread Information