Thread: Miner / Gatherer

Default Miner / Gatherer

I thought it would be nice to give the the gatherer and miner crafting class every 20 lvl +50 bulk as ability, not masterable. I think this will help these classes a bit, they are way too much grinding and besides of the nice skill gain there is no reason to use them.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

Default Re: Miner / Gatherer

The ability should be gained via some nice little quests, would give some additional fun.
    Terao (Gnome, Grand Master Crafter, Order [Unity])|Draigourn (Ancient, Master Lairshaper, Lunus, Order)|Echentrial (Ancient, Lunus, Order)

this is a really neat idea, imo. :-)

It'd give a nice bonus across all tiers, instead of making it so that miner/gatherer only gives you results at T5+....

This might be a better explanation of my thoughts:

lvl 0: +50 bulk Ability "Miner's / Gatherer's Improvement I", gained with T1 Quest
    lvl 20: +100 bulk "Miner's / Gatherer's Improvement II", gained with T2 Quest
    lvl 40: +150 bulk "Miner's / Gatherer's Improvement III", gained with T3 Quest
    lvl 60: +200 bulk "Miner's / Gatherer's Improvement IV", gained with T4 Quest
    lvl 80: +250 bulk "Miner's / Gatherer's Improvement V", gained with T5 Quest
    lvl 100: +300 bulk "Miner's / Gatherer's Improvement VI", gained with T6 Quest

Quote Originally Posted by Terao View Post
    This might be a better explanation of my thoughts:

lvl 0: +50 bulk Ability "Miner's / Gatherer's Improvement I", gained with T1 Quest
    lvl 20: +100 bulk "Miner's / Gatherer's Improvement II", gained with T2 Quest
    lvl 40: +150 bulk "Miner's / Gatherer's Improvement III", gained with T3 Quest
    lvl 60: +200 bulk "Miner's / Gatherer's Improvement IV", gained with T4 Quest
    lvl 80: +250 bulk "Miner's / Gatherer's Improvement V", gained with T5 Quest
    lvl 100: +300 bulk "Miner's / Gatherer's Improvement VI", gained with T6 Quest
    This is pretty much what I assumed you meant.

And as I said, it'd give an actual perk to being a miner/gatherer beyond "increased T5/T6 results".

If you took the time to level Miner or Gatherer to 100, I would think that you should see some kind of bonus even when you're doing T1-T4.

Here's another idea, if the Devs don't want to do that:

Miner's Skill I: -2% delay when gathering anything a miner harvests.
    Miner's Skill V: -10% delay when gathering anything a miner harvests.
    Gatherer's Skill I: -2% delay when gathering anything a gatherer harvests.
    Gatherer's Skill V: -10% delay when gathering anything a harvests.

Either way, I think Miner/Gather should get some bonus to all crafting across the board, not JUST at T5/T6. Since modifying the engine to improve baseline results, or the "low" number is out of the question (as they've told us), ideas like this could work instead.

Agreed. This would be nice.
    fangorus
    -----------------
    What would YOU Do?

Don't they already get more capacity as they level, via cargo gear?

But new quests are always fun.

I like this idea.
    Gatherer was my first craft class and I kind of like it till today. Would love to see it get something special, so that I school it more often.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Thread Information