Thread: Blight 219 - Discussion

Default Blight 219 - Discussion

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=26000

Because a thread wasn't made for us like it usually is.. I'm going to start one.
    And I'm going to start by reposting this, because it was ignored in the last 218 blight discussion..

I would really like this to be looked into, im not the only player that feels as if though this area should be tweaked.

Quote Originally Posted by Finkledbody View Post
    Giving that Acul got a major face lift during this update, I was wondering if we could tweak the steel spawn.. I find that this is the worst place for metal, giving that its a t3 resource. It shouldn't be more time consuming to mine than cobalt or mithril.

I find it takes 2-3 times longer to fill a disk/inventory with steel. The nodes are all seperated so much, they seem to be spawning in a 500m x 500m area. This leads to the feeling of "hate" for this metal. The refinery is another 100m away from the nodes making it take upwards of 45 minutes to 1 hour just to fill one load with 2400 bars.

I find there are Motherloads that spawn occasionally but once they are used, more often than not, they don't respawn for a long time.

The rich nodes are all over the place, never really helping to fill up the inventory any faster.

The 4 massive hills are hard to climb, take to long to navigate, and often times, are the place where the rich and ML spawn.. Taking even longer to fill a disk.

What I would like to see is:
    - A reduction in the size of the spawn
    - Downsize the hills so they dont' feel so impassable
    - Adjust the spawn so there is a MotherLoad of Iron and Dark Iron at all times
    - Reduce the amount of small nodes (If necassary)
    - No change for the current number of rich nodes.
    - Extend the road further so we can maintain a road bonus up to the spawn.

Thanks for listening!

And indeed, I hope someones listening
    Its a unpleasant feeling when a dev ignores a request for 2 weeks
    Even if it is to say... "No"
    Last edited by Finkledbody; February 28th, 2012 at 03:11 PM.

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

Default Re: Blight 219 - Discussion

What I would like to see is:
    - A reduction in the size of the spawn
    - Downsize the hills so they dont' feel so impassable
    - Adjust the spawn so there is a MotherLoad of Iron and Dark Iron at all times
    - Reduce the amount of small nodes (If necassary)
    - No change for the current number of rich nodes.
    - Extend the road further so we can maintain a road bonus up to the spawn.
    I agree that there are some issues with it. The spawn is huge, 450x450 and it does spawn on the hills which could be difficult. So, here's what I've done in the upcoming Delta 220:

"The Dark Iron spawns near Acul are now split apart into quadrants (South, West, East, and North). The densest ore is now in the center and has become guarded. Ore will no longer spawn on the peaks."

No road will be added. Iron was removed as part of the revamp.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thank you very much Amon.

Just a little drunk dwarven bi-ped wreaking havoc in chaos.

No more iron at Acul ?

Oh Well, i can mine at Augh now and try to find a place with motherload spawns.

Thread Information