Thread: Additional tiers of titles for mob slaying

Default Additional tiers of titles for mob slaying

Thinking something along the lines of slaying 1,000 mobs gives a certain title (as it is with certain types of mobs). But I'd like to see higher tiers..

So slaying 5,000 of a certain type of mob gets you a better title then 10,000, 50,000 etc.

That would make a few od these titles something to truly aspire to.

I'd also love to see damage titles. I'm not sure if the game keeps track of how much damage we do, but if it did we might get a title at 5,000,000 damage or something like that.

Maybe a little easier to track would be experience since we still earn it (even dragons) after we max everything out. A title for surpassing 1,000,000 exp, then 10ml, etc...

I'm suggesting this because I feel most most of the titles we have are pretty vanilla and just about everyone has them. This would add another level of discipline, difficulty and dedication to get the higher tier ones.

Just a thought.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Default Re: Additional tiers of titles for mob slaying

unless titles start adding skill/stat bonus, it would be pointless.. there's too many titles you get that you need to carry around as it is, since most vaults are overstuffed, and since title badges are becoming a nuissance, to those that can only keep them in backpacks/scalepacks.

here's a better idea all the way around (and i'm pretty sure it's been mentioned before on the forums).. add a drop down list for titles earned, and do away with badges to change and carry. but if you want more titles to waste backpack space.. not many worth doing. no reason why after such work for a title, you can't recieve some sort of bonus. like after completing all 3 myloc title quests, turn badges in for say +5, +10, +15 dex bonus (just an example) for each tier of the quest. make it worth doing them in the first place. since mylocs seems to be very much dex based. other bonus types for other creatures.

need to stop wasting our bulk/stack capacities with trivial items that otherwise are usless, other than bragging rights.

i personally am about ready to toss out almost all badges i own, as they are nothing but a waste of space, using the current system

Ahhh. Good point. What's the point in adding more titles if the emblems are choke everyone's storage.

I think something other than a bunch of emblems would be good too.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

I can think of something else:

after having (e.g.) killed 1000 (or more/less) of one kind of the doom-mobs you get an emblem. So you might have several different emblems.
    Make,that they could be changed into ONE very precious:
    MASTER OF DOOM (just an example)
    if you have killed a certain amout of ALL mobs that are down there.
    Including dung piles and carrion crawlers.
    This will force us to learn to fight other mobs too-
    and gives an additional kick to get an emblem.
    1000 mylocs is easy - 500 of all of them a new challange
    (but inportant: old emblems have to be traded to get the new one- so no stuffed inv.)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Before new titles should be implemented i think that the title system should be modified to work as a slash command instead of an Item system - or ANY system that is not taking inventory stacks
    Altho i'm thinking to start deleting titles tokens i'm still reluctant to do that.
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

I would very much love to do this, but as many have said it would need to wait until such time as we can fix the Emblem/Title issue.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information