Thread: Question to the Dev's - guilds and guildplots -

Default Question to the Dev's - guilds and guildplots -

Also Posted as a ticket to AE over GN

============================================
    Hi folks,

the past days there was upcoming a discussion about the result of the plot auction on Unity.

Problem describtion:

Some jounger guilds seem to be disappointed that they were unable to own a guild plot in the "nearer" regions, because they had no plot token or it was too less worth.
    Now these players blame the other guilds (most the bigger ones) that used their several tokens to get more than 1 guildplot or buyed one from an other guild that has given their plot up.
    I read a statement a time ago that AE had nothing against the fact that guilds own more plots, and from my side of view it is a realistic feature of economy that bigger guilds with more players own several guildplots and also if they want normal plots.
    Well as I was unable to find some rules that clears this guild despute, i'd lke to know what's AE point of view to this thing today and what they are going to do in the future.

Their should be also the following points be discussed:

- one Guild owns several guildplots (on several chars) due auction. Is that OK or not, if not what will happen?

- one guild ownes one guildplot due auction and buys another later from another guild. OK or not...?

- 2 guilds with their own guildplots merge together, because both had less members; what happens to the plots?

I by myself favorit the solution, that a guild can onl one guildplot due auction, but is allowed to buy more plots / guildplots as they want by using their money.
    The price for these extra plots should rise, so that the secondguildplot costs 10g, the 3. 30g, the 4. 50g.....(don't know if that's possible to include)
    Due the fact, that there are hard discussions running on unity, it would be fine, if there would be an official statement in the community forum, that brings out AE's point of view ans how thy will handle the thing.

PS: little thing beside: on Oct 16. there were more than 70guildplots without an owner and i think there a still a lot of without an owner now.

best regards

gopher65

Default Re: Question to the Dev's - guilds and guildplots -

My guild (imperial crusaders) just merged with Tavu Talons to become Imperial Talons (temp name while we debate the merits of other names we thought up. Each name currently has 1 vote - from the person who thought it up[:D]). The reason behind the merger was the lack of members in both guilds resulting from numerous members recently leaving the game to try out EQII and WoW. Some number of these people may come back to the game and are simply trying out new games that look cool. Some still have active accounts. But regardless whether or not they are gone forever or not, our guilds were without enough active members to be fun. Therefore we merged (still looking for more guilds to merge with btw if any small chaos guilds are interested).

We now have 2 guild plots; both of these plots havequite a few empty plots within them. I personally don't see anything wrong with us having two plots, especially given the relatively small number of active players in-game atm. Hopefully we will eventually have enough members to completely fill our plots:).

But look around. There are free plots everywhere. Evengigantic ones on the northern continent. So I highly doubt there are a large number of people complaining about the plot situation, except maybe that there are too many for the number of players desiring them[:|]. This is a very low prioity issue imo.

Crissa

AE didn't have any stance against guilds owning more than one guild plot.

Whoever owns the key plot in a guild community is who determines the guild affilitation of that community.

...So...

a) One guild owns several guild communities... This is by design, yes it is okay.

b1) A player from a guild purchases the key plot to a guild community from another player. This transfers alignment of the plots to the new owner's guild, but existing ownerships are not affected... But sub plots can only be sold to the new guild.

b2) A player in a guild buys a key plot to a guild community, while his guild aready owns another guild community's key plot... This is okay as well.

c) Two guilds merge. The communities retain the alignment of the owners of the key plots - if the owners change to the 'new' guild, the communities do too.

Is that all? I wish I remembered where Smeglor posted these answers...

-Crissa

What happens if the guild plot owner switches to a new guild? What about that space of time where he is "guildless" - does something happen to the guild plot??

This isn't academic for me, we may do this in the near future. I don't want to have to do an alt transfer shuffle with my 2 keys. Not even sure it would work if I already have 2 plots, and want to switch it from one of my chars to another? Will it disallow the transfer because I might momentarily look like I have 3 plots?

Smeglor, help?? [:S]
    Foxfire Godspell, Ice Queen of Istaria, Dark Defenders
    Manta Guild Community @ Collinswood
    Knoc/Conj, Mastercraftswoman -and-
    Ravagice, Horde Fueled WunderWyrm

Shonie

We recently went thru this. The guild keep stays with the owner regardless of their guild association. If they are guildless, I am not sure how the sale of the plots works. But when they change guilds the plots still for sale must be bought by someone in the new guild.

If the plots have been previously sold, they remain with the current owner, no matter what guild they belong to. However if storage and other things are set to guild only, they no longer have access. Which is why, in my opinion all, buildings should have friends access.

Not all guild splits are unfriendly, and in some cases, it would be nice to give access to friends not in either guild.

Here's how the internal system works:

When a player attempts to purchase a guild sub-plot, it checks if that player is in the same guild as the owner of the master guild plot for that community. If that is a match, the purchase goes through. If it is not (or if the master guild plot is unowned), the purchase fails.

Other than that, everything functions normally. The buying and selling of the master guild plot has no special rules other than the purchaser must be in a guild. The owner of the master plot could then leave the guild, thus making subplots within that community unable to be purchased by anyone, but that is discouraged.

Thread Information