Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How am I supposed to get the reagents for my armor?

Default Re: How am I supposed to get the reagents for my armor?

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh

Most of the Wa mobs, are next to impossible even in groups with many high-powered chars..
    Seeing as 99 % of them have stuns / roots / mezz / debuff's - and a crapload
    of damage.
    It's laughable to try and take on a group where you cant even use an abillity that
    takes longer than a few seconds..
    Say i load the time consuming multicast combo , and try to lauch a flame bomb,
    i will get "perma-stunned" and thus interupted and die..

Or maybe activating e.sabre, well... thats not happening , because i have 4 mobs
    stunning me over and over and over, while others are pummeling me to kingdom come..
    Ahck.. perhaps just whining on my part, but making the mobs this way, wont
    make ppl want to hunt them..

It's not you that "whine". There are several that are having enough of this and some are quitting the game too (at least on Unity).

I think it's wake up time for the game developers AND the players and realize that:

- They are placing challenging and forced group mobs and named mobs but not corresponding rewards for them. So why bothering dying for nothing?
    I agree, no to kill those mobs over and over again.
    They dont give anything of value.

- Meanwhile they are placing obligatory reagents on mobs that should be in the cathegory for better rewards as difficulty and surely not as "farmable for reagent mobs". With what sense you price a Fyakki 120 chitin more than a Vexator fringe or a Kwellen energy node?
    And the fable about teched stuff being a thing for the few: sure it's right in principle and even suits the new trend of promoting the elite. In theory you should survive 50% of the time with basic equipment against a same level mob. Too bad that it's just a fable.
    With basic equipment you stink so much against the empowered mobs that you'll just stop bothering killing them after death points arrive at two digits. Their evasion an abilities are pumped to paroxistic degree (I missed a KNOD 29 times out of 30 hits after a debuff I cannot of course dispel and I do have some 3 teched V scales). Plus the mobs themselves have teched spells etc so the battle is unfair since the beginning.
    You missed 29 out of 30 hits after the debuff.
    Thats what those mobs do mate, they debuff the crap out of you.
    Detoxify(Shaman ability) is an ability that i value as one of my best and helps alot vs such stuff. I cant even imagine how it is hunt in such areas without it.
    Without it, i would most likely miss as much as you.
    What can I say about this, Dragons dont get this ability ofcource, its Shaman ability.
    Those mobs are not bosses and IMHO could drop better loot aswell as tech-trophies.
    Personally i would prefer powerfull rewards from VERY VERY HARD mob bosses, not normal lvl 120 mobs that many of us can solo in their sleep including adds.
    I am sorry Vah, thats just the way it is...placing a highly priced reward in such mobs like for example unique armor or whatever would be a walk in the park for us to get them, meaning they loose their unique appeal.

- They are promoting the powerlevelling we all see... because let's admit this... there is just so much a < level 80 guy can do. No one likes to be a gimp but Horizons good content starts at tier IV. Sure, there are some quests for lower levels, but the worth techs, the cool weapons, the nice crystals, the anchors, the named mobs and the friends who convinced you to join the game area all far away off a newbie.
    Correct. The purpose of online games are usualy to advance and improve among other things. Why did you lvl to 100?
    Yes, nobody likes to be a gimp.
    Whats your point anyway mate, self-improvement is the strongest urge most players have in such games or everyone would be lvl 1 singing "We are the World, we are the children" in Feladan..
    Explain.

- The game is becoming geared towards a smaller and smaller elite. Sure, you can still play and enjoy the level grinding. Or you can devote 8+ hours a day and enjoy the expensive techs, the expensive content, have the expensive equipment, have much money, be "good enough" to be able to kill the elite mobs etc.
    My play time is not constant, i get to balance it with my work and my girlfriend.
    I play a few hours a day. Sometimes i played for 8 hours a day, yes.
    But mostly i play like 3 or 4 hours nowdays.
    Again, its dynamic.
    That the game gets some sort of "elite" players, thats normal.
    It happens in every online game.
    Some players will do whats needed to get the best equip and some players are simply better then others in terms of skill.
    Its perfectly normal.
    We play this game to be , special and unique so obviously we want to stand out among the crowds...whats the problem?
    As to T5 equip, thats easy to solve.
    If i canT5 tripple tech my armor(2 T5 full sets), weapons, heals, spells i am sure you can.
    Vielo is key, if you missing tech-trophies.
    Which reminds me, i need to fix my ******** jewels aswell if i can find a good jewel guy with all the techs. :)
    Also you are a crafter, i am a pure adv..meaning you have more options to get cash then me.
    Why bother with camping for tech-resources at all...no point.
    Get what you can with normal camping, buy the rest.

- The game now demands multiclassing and not even a light one (seeing of just having 2 levels to 100 did not help the least my guild mates helping me getting reagents). Or you are confined to "beast" type mobs. That happen to even have broken spawns.
    T5-T6 WA mobs should present a good challenge dont you think?
    After all, its Withered Aegis high lvl forces and most of them are multiclassed aswell.
    The broken spawns are bad and needs fixing.
    As to your teammates, that depends on what classes they had, what equip they had(T5 hopefully), what heals they had(Potency V, Heal Recycle III, Cleanse III..hopefully) what spells they had what weapons and playstyle they used.
    Alot of parameters as you see.
    Saying they had 2 x 100 means nothing to me.
    They could have gotten those 200 lvls on Elnath of all i know or maybe not, but a well equiped Cleric/Warrior (100,100) with T5 equip should have no problem there.

- I hear of people gloating about how they kill entire spawns of WA mobs. But then how comes that I see bursting full or players spawns of fyakkis and spiders and NEVER a soul killing the nearby real WA mobs? And all fleeing like pussies when a Kwellen comes? Are they so fun that people avoids them like pest to not have convulsions from the excessive fun?
    How comes that I craft spells for the highest players in my shard and still they bring me 90% of the needed items as "beast type mob" reagents and 1 max 2 "WA type mob" reagents and the rest has still the price set by Vielos well visible?
    It's like those (of course never heard a dragon saying that) that tell those metropolitan legends on the channels that dragons are reported to solo Mhedon (so why very capable Uroloki, Mist, Demelza.. plus others ALL grouped died to him alone?) or that dragons can farm WA mobs effortlessy (without mentioning that even in case they weren't mostly resistant / evading gold rages the total cost of having to use it all the time dwarfs the costs you'd have to pay to Vielos).
    I can answer that easy.
    As i have said COUNTLESS of times before.
    People will ALLWAYS seek the FASTEST and SAFEST way to lvl.
    Its just the way it is, it will never change.
    All ED mobs are solable if you have the right multiclass setup, even several ED mobs.
    There is nothing special about Kwellen or any particular ED mob.
    Also, there are ppl hunting in ED. Either for XP or for tech-resources or just for fun.
    I know i have and continue to do so because Elnath simply puts me to sleep of boredom.

Yes, Isair, you whine. With many of the "normal human" players out there.

What will happen?

Either:

- nothing. That would suit well those 30 - 40 people over 2000 - 3000 that currently "can do".
    I seriously doubt its only 40 ppl.

- nerf the WA force group mobs so they suck and can be farmed for reagents and generally be killed instead of occupying 50% of the space for nothing but idling.
    Stupid idea to be honest mate and you know it.
    This game lacks challenge as it is, you want to make it easier?
    Certain things should be harder to obtain then other things.

- understand that WA force group mobs are top game mobs and assign them a superior coin and exp and prize drop (think if they dropped techs 5 times more often...) and NOT the "trivial" task of being reagent carriers.
    Meanwhile place such reagents on mobs that are still "similar" to the WA mobs but killable with a more routine grind and not just if you are a "chosen".
    A T6 WA mob drops a T6 tech resource.
    What do you want, T6 tech-resource dropping off a much weaker mob? Why?
    Does not make any sense what so ever.
    I dont see how its wrong the way it is now, T6 mobs dropping T6 tech-resources.

I get the sense you aint happy being a Dragon mate and you letting your frustration go over us ... "Chosen". As if its our fault you cant solo these stuff.

Anikitos

Anikitos

100 Warrior / 100 Cleric / 100 Shaman / 100 Guardian / 100 Monk / 100 Spiritist
    60 Druid / 40 Chaos Warrior / 36 Mage

Completely agree with Anikitos [:)]
    Orophin Eluch - Elf

Disappeared without a trace....

I was actually going to say the same thing you suggested to me many moons ago...

AE has determined this is the best way to handle the situation and they feel it this course of action is in keeping with the vision.

Now my own 2cp... Buck up little red whiner, soon ARoP will be here for you to whine about... :)

Please drive thru.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Now my own 2cp... Buck up little red whiner, soon ARoP will be here for you to whine about...
    Yeah, meanwhile waiting for it I'll re-read some tear-dropping posts on machines in the fields of the past or "flipping bows" in IRC [:P]
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

From the same chars over and over and over.........

The constant moaning and whining does nothing to inspire the rest of the community. Constant negativity has an adverse effect on the community, especially if it is always seen on the general, market, event channels. All it does is deposit negativity in the minds of others that would not ordinarily feel that way, driving people from the channel or even worse from the game
    I personally created one thread that was not about IRC informations or similar and answered in other two in quite a while.

If general channels are all what people or developer bother to read, they are used.

You cannot stop people from having more or less justified gripes about something.
    It can be because of mobs, because of broken plots, because of insufficient vaults.

Sure,this dents into the "happy all is sweet roses and honey" community of happy minds.
    Of course since they are happy and good they are annoyed by others with problems, but so what?
    Those who don't care much already quit the game and more will do if the same issues will be present forever.

What would you do if one day shaman and guardian were deemed too powerful and nerfed to extinction? And the next day a bug would prevent you from playing at all and you don't hear a CS response after 3 weeks you cannot login?

These things all happened already and people went mad at it.
    Most quit already and there is always the well known AE difficulties to remember all that they did indeed do something wrong if they are where they are.

Be happy until there are people who whine, because differently than other those people care, those people have polls in their areas and try to voice the many who don't dare to withstand the constant spitting in face coming from who is well and does not want to even hear that something could be improved or changed.

Bastages like me are just too old to feel anything anymore so they can dare to challenge the current established system and point out the bugs and the flaw.

What makes i.e. me do that? Exactly what makes you do your behavior, that is trying to keep people in game. I try to give voice to the perceived or real "lessers" so they collectively vent off thru me and get some more energy to continue playing seeing that at least there is someone who cares.
    When I talk in public channels or forums is because I had enough PMs or tells to make me feel guilty of doing nothing. Probably I use the worst means but at least the issues come up and don't drop into the well of the forgotten.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.

Vahrokh,

Its not guardian or shaman by themselfes that are special and superior.
    What ispowerfull, is a combination of some classes creating a superior characther with alot more options, power, durability, flexibility then lets say a dragon as an example.

No wonder though, concidering the ammount of xp needed to get there.
    Notice i aint saying time, i said XP...

If you envy that "power", play your bipedtoon then untill AE does something to dragons that you feel is good and make your time in HZ asa Dragon enjoyable for you again.
    Because you clearly dont seem to enjoy your dragon mate.
    I could be wrong...:)

Anikitos
    Anikitos

100 Warrior / 100 Cleric / 100 Shaman / 100 Guardian / 100 Monk / 100 Spiritist
    60 Druid / 40 Chaos Warrior / 36 Mage

No, I'm not going to hijack your whine thread and turn it into a flamefest...:) You however really need to examine your actions and motives, if you want folks to support you then you need to at the very least consider their opinions and not discard them out of hand when they dont agree with yours.

Things you might consider before you respond and attack me again... :)

1) asking for finishing machines back in the fields would have also brought with it more dragon crafting caves if we had gotten our way.

2) I only desire to have my bow form work properly, just like you would have a fit if your expert armor tail scale form wouldn't work, yea, that one Vahrokh. Certainly if you dont wish me to have my bow I can always cave in to the pressure and go multiclass several classes and become one of those multi 100x players that you so obviously envy and detest because you are incapable of doing so.

You really need to think about what your asking for sometimes and the consequences there of... :)

I've said all I intend to on this subject, however, should you desire to continue this animosity between yourself, myself and various other bipeds I'll most certainly oblige you.

Any further insults will result in possible moderation and locked post. Thank you
    Peaches
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Because you clearly dont seem to enjoy your dragon mate.
    I could be wrong...[img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]
    I thought in deepth about that.
    I have to admit you are exceptionally right.
    I had so many hopes... bought 2 accounts and they last a year, to show much support for the game I loved.

I was really stupid, I have to learn to blame more on me my ingenuous mistakes.
    Others were way smarter and stopped playing or "suspended" paying until i.e. ARoP is in game and / or dragons become what they are supposed to be. They talked less and acted more and simply did not want to pay to help the game be completed because it's not their responsibility.
    I did and I feel like the moron I am.

Yes, it's all my fault, I'll try not to repeat the same mistake in the future.
    *Cancels autorenew*.

Thread Information