Thread: Scout Intro Quests Issues

Default Scout Intro Quests Issues

Taking the suggestion from Amon in General, I started to do the other schools' quests in NT.

The first up was Scout.

I don't know if any of these are working as intended, but they seem... odd.

1). When you start out as a Scout, you get a letter of credit. Seems okay, said letter of credit gives you a Refurbished Cedar Shortbow and a Refurbished Bronze Shortsword, along with a Refurbished Bronze Ringmail Chestguard. However, when you get to the quest where you deliver the crate to the Druid near the Ruined Homestead, both Sadie and Frelic talk about giving you a "New" weapon. The weapon the quest rewards? A Refurbished Cedar Shortbow. The very same Refurbished Cedar Shortbow you were given at Level 1. Shouldn't that have been a Lv5 weapon instead of the Lv1 one you already had?

2). The first several Scout quests award no money whatsoever (kill 3 grouks, kill 4 beetles, kill 5 spiders).

3). The Beetles are stronger than the Spiders and are higher level, but yet they ask you to kill the beetles before they ask you to kill the spiders. Thankfully I had my Cleric on Level 10 before attempting this; I'm not sure I could have killed the beetles otherwise.

Default Re: Scout Intro Quests Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    1). When you start out as a Scout, you get a letter of credit. Seems okay, said letter of credit gives you a Refurbished Cedar Shortbow and a Refurbished Bronze Shortsword, along with a Refurbished Bronze Ringmail Chestguard. However, when you get to the quest where you deliver the crate to the Druid near the Ruined Homestead, both Sadie and Frelic talk about giving you a "New" weapon. The weapon the quest rewards? A Refurbished Cedar Shortbow. The very same Refurbished Cedar Shortbow you were given at Level 1. Shouldn't that have been a Lv5 weapon instead of the Lv1 one you already had?
    Yes, it should. Thank you. Have modified it in the next patch to give a Refurb Composite Cedar Shortbow.

2). The first several Scout quests award no money whatsoever (kill 3 grouks, kill 4 beetles, kill 5 spiders).
    This is not a bug. The first three quests on NT for any school are actually exact copies of the tutorial quests from Spirit Isle. You get those at level 1. Once you've completed those, there are 6+ more quests that are NT specific for each school that do give coin.

3). The Beetles are stronger than the Spiders and are higher level, but yet they ask you to kill the beetles before they ask you to kill the spiders. Thankfully I had my Cleric on Level 10 before attempting this; I'm not sure I could have killed the beetles otherwise.
    Will look into this.

Thank you! Always great to fine-tune these quests and the intro for players.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information