Thread: Dragon starts descending if I mouselook, have to relog

Default Dragon starts descending if I mouselook, have to relog

Since coming back to the game, I've noticed that my dragon will normally flap his wings and fly at a steady altitude if I auto-"run", however as soon as I mouselook around or accidentally drag a little while selecting anything, mid-air, my dragon stops flapping and starts gliding. Sometimes this is at a descending rate similar to a hatchling's glide, and other times it feels like I'm dropping like a stone (lowest level of descend while holding down the "down" key). This makes it hard to maintain flight without babysitting my dragon.

This used to happen only with mouselook in flight, but with the recent patch and camera changes, I can't mouse look on the ground anymore without messing up my flight either.

I'd really rather not unbind mouselook and use the keyboard keys, because I have a laptop with a really odd configuration. It would not be very practical to use those hotkeys for me.

Thanks!

Default Re: Dragon starts descending if I mouselook, have to relog

You can hit your NUMPAD_5 equivalent key to level out when flying. I haven't experienced my free looking on the ground to affect the direction of flight, though out of habit when I begin flying if I am not flapping, I level out.

Also, if you're looking to pan around your character, it's mouse look you want, not free look.
    rip

Default Re: Dragon starts descending if I mouselook, have to relog

Ahh, hey, cool! In that way then, this is a perk. If I want my dragon to start gliding instead of holding steady, I can look somewhere and not have to babysit the down key. But if I want him to hold steady, I can hit fcn-M (took a bit of banging around on keyboard to find it).

Thread Information