Thread: Can't place murals in my lair

Default Can't place murals in my lair

I seem to have lost the ability to place murals in my lair. Despite having more than 6 spots available, they say there's nowhere to place them. Only a handful of murals will actually allow me to place them, and they have no problems with any of the spots.

Has anyone encountered this bug before?

Default Re: Can't place murals in my lair

Which murals can you place? Can you name a few (say, 6) that you cannot?
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

I can't place any one of the murals with picture frames, examples being Dwarf Race mural, any of the 1 / 2 version murals, "gone fishin", or geodes.

The ones I can place are any of the flat murals, examples: Reflections of the Future, Gemstone Dragon, Plaguebearer, Keeper, Summer Dreams.

Are the openings you are trying to place these on, unbuilt rooms or built rooms? Are all the openings on the outside boundary of the lair?

I've had this happen in the past... Trying to remember how to get it to happen, but you need to open your plot window and get it to show the dimensions as +1 to the actual numbers... like the lair is say 4x6 or 96x144. I can't recall what makes it happen, but the lair's size description will change by +1, to 97x145. Once it shows that, the murals can be placed on the outside walls.

For murals on inner walls, the conflict seems to happen if its butted right up against something behind the opening. Once the rooms are built, try again, usually will work.

But I do think some of the original murals just register as too thick for some spots. If that can be fixed, all the workarounds I've had to use hopefully will not be needed.

Right on the money, Guaran, as always! On unbuilt rooms, either inside the lair with a wall against another room's wall, or on the outside wall of the lair. I guess I'll wait and see how it goes once the hallways are built. More incentive to carve them out!

Regarding the murals on the outside walls; I do hope I can place them. I'm trying to use certain murals as navigation aids for my silos, like for my crystal room, stoneworking room, etc.

Thread Information