Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
...There's no reason knoc should even have or need spells at all imho.

Shining Blades works in the game the way spells do, but you are summoning a warrior from another realm to attack on your behalf, then go back where he came from. Even the lore of this is not a "spell". Shining Blades may work like a spell as far as the game engine goes, but you should not think of it as a spell. It cannot even be multi"cast"ed. One more exclamation in the "this isn't a spell" story.

The other 2 "spells" fit into the same category. The use summoning skill, game engine treats them in the same way as spells. Lore wise they are not spells. I summoned a big crushing Ice Hammer. It's a physical item landing on my target. I agree the line here is blurry...

And if the player wants spells.., there is a large amount of magey spells they can obtain if they work for them.
I don't see the need for the class to have it's own spells. Don't think of summoning skill as "spell"-skill.

A few more abilities that "work like spells" I do think would be ok... Maybe my first reaction to more spells was seeing some above suggestions differently than they were intended. Although I still think a bolt is entirely not needed. No other melee class get's it's own bolt.
I stand corrected, and I agree with you. I think we should just scrap KnoC being able to cast other mage spells and restrict it to Summoning. However, the summoning line needs a bit of work too! After consideration of your post(s) I'll agree that perhaps a typical "bolt" spell wouldn't work for conjuration. However, a short CD longish range spell would be nice, along perhaps with some type of AoE spell. Not many, but enough to be useful and not distracting from melee.