Thread: World event?

Hybrid View

Default Re: World event?

Anchors only spawn when somebody gets near one of their spawn regions. Once spawned, they use a Generator (mobile spawn region) to spawn their guys. The Generator is somewhat bugged in that it sometimes spawns out of control and other oddities.

So, that would also have to be fixed before this could occur. Because, in my mind, this all starts with anchors.

Yes, it could be done if the system were detailed and enough time and priority were given to it by the tech team. And if the rewards and a variety of invasions as well as locations were defined.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    But don't the Anchors spawn, regardless of a player being around? For some reason I was thinking they did.

Or at least, they should. And then spawn mobs to go blight the nearby resources.

And then that existing system could just be tweaked to spawn a different boss in place of the anchor, who in turn would spawn his entourage, and then go on a nice big patrol route, killing npc's, blighting resources, and temporarily disabling landing pads (if possible, this would be quite cool as well).

Any chance the new technology with regards to invasions you mention could happen? It could go a long way to bringing some life back to the feel of the game.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: World event?

I, too, thought of the anchors. I think what we're all saying basically is the world feels "dead" at times. Perhaps just increasing the range of some of the mob might help that. They seem very contained in little bubbles.
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW!!!
    Join the GLF! *Gnome Liberation Front

Thread Information