Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rebuilding new trismus?

Default Re: Rebuilding new trismus?

i agree, i'd love to see NT roaming with dragons and bipeds, like the good 'ol days. and i also love the idea of having an Old NT and a New NT, like old rachival and new rachival.

Rebuild the ruin!

(endorsed by the Dragons for Familiarity in Environs)
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Quote Originally Posted by Pryzm View Post
    Hmmm flat but small. Your spot is best so far Racktor and it wouldn`t require much movement of the training spots and pads. Though if youre searching for flat spots how about the flat area where the camp once stood? I know ist through the blighted area but basically you could dig through the mountain from the shrine and you would be directly up there plus its morte or less a good position for defences since it`s only accessable from 2 Points comming from the blight. It`s more or less flat also. One or 2 strong adventurers could get rid of the nasty grouks and undeads wich are lurking up there .

Attachment 2533
    I don't think this one will work as its too close to blighted area and WA mobs. Also new trismus questline goes through this place and tells you to kill monsters that live there.
    So far I like best Racks idea of NT next to (old)NT near the porter. Its also close and on the way from both pads and should be visible for any new player. Its also well protected naturally by landscape.

____________________Never forget to appreciate each other and stay UNITED!____________________

Cant remember if the public lair was ever opened there or is in use. If it is, then any work on the terrain on the mountain would have to be done very carefully to avoid breaking connectivity. Also, near the mine would require care. Not saying yes or no, just pointing out some concerns with certain locations. What about Pratt's house? That would seem to be a god open area away from the invasion.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Cant remember if the public lair was ever opened there or is in use. If it is, then any work on the terrain on the mountain would have to be done very carefully to avoid breaking connectivity. Also, near the mine would require care. Not saying yes or no, just pointing out some concerns with certain locations. What about Pratt's house? That would seem to be a god open area away from the invasion.
    If you talking about the lair on the mountain that was never really a lair or has any use.

It depends which server board I think is which.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    There is stuff in the lair, but it's basically empty and just a loop. It's also rather high up in the mountain and both the mine and lair are far off from where I mentioned.

Just checked the lair, it's about 200 meters away from the area I suggested (near the pad) and below the ground level at the closest point. So you likely wouldn't run into any problems if you mess with the mountain's base over there. If you want a visual, open your map and look a little bit above the peak on the map - that's basically the furthest extent.

I now checked the mine and it actually runs away from the mountain and ends directly beneath the gemworking shop. The closest point would be under the stoneworking shop, which is further away than even the lair.

The issue with Pratt's house (if you mean the house on Pratt's Pond) is that the area all around it is blighted and filled with spiderwebs. There's also a quest trigger nearby in the spiderwebs that has to do with the ghost guy in the windmill area, as well as the various quests that ask for sandstone in the area.

Edit: I'd check other areas mentioned in this thread but I'm not sure if they apply and I don't have that much time ^^;

The spot Racktor suggested first seems to require less changes compared to others. The pad from Skalkaar would still be near so dragons wouldn`t have to run too far to the town. Also the normal pad, portal and shrine wouldnt really need a change. I would vote for that spot if its not conflicting with the lair.

"If being of fire means blind arrogance and the elevation of violence above reason, then let me be of water!"

I'd love to see a rebuilt New Trismus. I recently came back after not having played for a year+ and it was so sad to see the destruction and everyone scattered. It would be amazing if both bipeds and dragons could really help with rebuilding it. I miss when the game first came out and you could point at things and be like "I helped build that!". It wouldn't have to be the entire town but even if was just decorations or part of the walls.

Also, I think the old new trismus should stay in ruins. It would be a great bit of lore in the game to see the left overs of the town. If someone asks what those ruins are and they get a response like: "Oh those are the actual ruins of the first New Trismus before it was destroyed." Well that is a very interesting piece of lore for an mmo.

I was thinking we could let the undead rule the old new trimus town ruins and rebuild a bigger and stronger neo new trimus. But we have to adjust all the quests including the dragon quests all of them. Also this will keep the goal of fighting against withered aegis as an example to new players the cost of war against the undead, while the neo new trimus town will show the hope for winning the war against the undead.
    Last edited by Spyrioyo; February 5th, 2016 at 05:56 AM.

Thread Information