Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Your Thoughts on Exploiter Punishment

Default Re: Your Thoughts on Exploiter Punishment

Thinking about stealing does not make you a thief.
    So thinking about people using an explot and getting mad that they dont get punished is in no way as bad as someone who willingly cheats.
    100 Bezerker 100 Healer 100 Druid 100 reaver 40 ChaosWarrior 100 mage 100 spiritist 100 Weaponsmith 100 blacksmith 55 fitter and various others

:o Who said it was?
    I think if you added some commas your sentance would be easier to read...

I know im not saying that... I am just saying that most people will go for the easy way to get something in video games... Especially if they feel burned about something...

Millions of people do this ALL the time... There are Millions who don't even touch a game till they know exploits or cheats for it... So when it comes down to it, it's all player preference...

But bashing on those who do it isn't going to fix anything...

Harmlessly removing the bug and removing the profits from using it is a passive-agressive solution that tells the users of said bug that hey, it was a bad thing... now you can't do it anymore.. and it tells those unknowing, hey we messed up and fixed it... and it tells those who fear wrath in the form of banning or rollbacks that hey we had a bug and fixed it... so meh...

~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Ill say it over and over until it is addressed...
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

But everything they gained wasnt removed just what they had for hoard not what they used getting techs forms comps or anything else. So they werent even brought back to before the exploit so they still gained from it.
    100 Bezerker 100 Healer 100 Druid 100 reaver 40 ChaosWarrior 100 mage 100 spiritist 100 Weaponsmith 100 blacksmith 55 fitter and various others

:o the problem wasnt skill gain, money, or techs, forms, or what-have-you... It was overinflated hoard from using a bugged item... so they removed the hoard gained from said bugged item...

I am sure they could have removed the old values, and then injected the values from the newly valued spell...

Why would they need to do anything else?
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas
    Take your suggestions here . Submit a help request and choose feedback from the list. They cannot ignore their inbox.

Just saying how much of the ill gained hoard was used on gold rage while hunting comps speeding the process

:o
    There used to be an exploit with the PB that allowed easy money... Does that mean those who used the money to buy comps and techs should have those things taken away?

What your saying is there should be a hunt to remove anything gained in reference to some bug that people turned into an exploit...

I could see if it was world changing... Like the PB thing... (might have been a blacksmith thing)

I dunno... What you suggest would be close to a rollback to before the item was used for the very first time for hoard... This would affect you too theoretically you know... How many comps, techs, items have you bought from a draggie who placed something earned by using gold rage that removed exploited hoard?
    ~=Seikojin=~
    Horizons suggestions
    Dragon ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Jayle Artwright
    Just saying how much of the ill gained hoard was used on gold rage while hunting comps speeding the process
    Think about it. Do the math.

2 million legitimate hoard + 2 million hoard from exploit - 1 million hoard due to gold rage - 2 million hoard removed (to match exploit) = 1 million legitimate hoard.

The math works, the message that exploiting won't be tolerated failed miserably.

Same for pawning to the player built blacksmith trainer, if AE was consistent. 1 gold legitimate + 2 gold from exploit - 2 gold spent - 2 gold removed (to match exploit) = -1 gold. I certainly hoped AE was able to do that, not zero gold (knowing players would likely mule over coin to other toons, can't mule over hoard).
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

They should do exactly what they did with Kiai, Miceal ect..

Either choose to return all the money and play ( i still think some further punishment as a % of their own money be taken ect or similiar should go along with it)

or

Be banned from game -ip banned, credit card banned ect.

Some would take the banning, like Kiai did, some would return the money ect like Miceal did.

It's just too bad not all exploiters were handled appropriatly since day 1.

Just *my* thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Alexis_Aris
    They should do exactly what they did with Kiai, Miceal ect..

Either choose to return all the money and play ( i still think some further punishment as a % of their own money be taken ect or similiar should go along with it)

or

Be banned from game -ip banned, credit card banned ect.

Some would take the banning, like Kiai did, some would return the money ect like Miceal did.

It's just too bad not all exploiters were handled appropriatly since day 1.

Just *my* thoughts

This is how I think it should be done. But was it necessary to include names?
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

The type that pays monthly fees. If they pay, they stay. [:P]

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

Crissa

I'm confused...

...Didn't AE dock the hoards by the amount the hoards were inflated by the exploit?

What did AE actually do?

-Crissa

Thread Information