Thread: Full Form books

Warzen

Default Full Form books

My suggestion is:

Creat a new version of a forms. Include all of the lower tier forms with it. I.e., Grandmaster Maul(has beginner maul, Journeymen maul, Expertand Master maul). I get pretty upset when Ihave to start deleting my forms. One day peoplewill ask me for weapons, armor or toolsandI will tell them "Sorry, I had to delete that form."

I have deleted about 20 forms so far. Algedian Silve/slate. Medium/Small shields. All Wood items. We know one form can have alot of subitems in it. Bitter Pickle Bottle Cap Collection (I had to delete mine) had 10 items inside of it. So what I am asking for isn't too outlandish.

Default Re: Full Form books

This has to be addressed to very quickly.

The issue is very different compared to the 100 spell book size (which should be left as is, imo). It's not very pleasing having to delete forms, although I have not had to do that so far, but I am missing MANY forms that I can currently scribe, so I will hit that 750 form limit as soon as I begin to buy forms.

As Warzen stated, deleting forms to make room for others is simply not an option.

Why should the multiple higher lvl'd crafters be penalised by having a form limit? It just does NOT make sense!

Please lift the form limit to at least 2000 or some number obsenely high like that to ensure that crafters will be able to scribe EVERY form of EVERY tier of EVERY craft skill.

Although it will be quite some time until this happens, there will be crafters who will Master every craft. Now, given they have all the forms, they will have to most prolly delete all of their beginner forms. Not an option.
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

I agree with you in all respects crafters arent alone with the current caps on scribable items i have a horrible time when playing my adventure side as a shaman as my spell book has been over full for a lot of levels and i truly hate to have to delete a learned spell to replace it with a newer one especially in the buff areas. to implement your suggestion they would have to make it expensive to buy the new "master form" and of course you could only buy/scribe the formula when you hit j-man,expert etc for the previous tiers. as a multi crafter i have had to resort to only scribing a formula if/when i need it to eliminate the full book issue.
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

Now, I know this isnt an *ideal* situation, its really just a possible work around, but, you all do know that you can use a form without scribing it, right?

if you have a form in your inventory, or vault, or wherever, you can double click on the form, and it will ask you which item you want to make. this could allow you to keep your lesser used forms in your vault, in your home storage, etc, and use them as you need them..

again, i know this isnt exactly a wonderful idea, but it is something that can be done..

~ Henry

um...

You can scribe over 700 forms.

Casters are limited to 100.

That means I cannot cast the full line of gifts on people that ask. I have been requested to cast T3 gifts, which I have had to delete to make room for other spells.

I'd say, make ALL these things downward compatible, once you upgrade, you can cast OR make the lower tier versions of the form/spell (including techs, lowered appropriately).

TY.

I would be very upset if crafter form limit gets raised before the adventure spell limit. Single classed people get hit with the spellbook limit while only very hardcore crafters get hit with the form limit.

I'm undecided about this. I can see how annoying hitting the form limit is, but to me, the form limit seems to be the crafter equivalent of the spell book limit.

Though it is a very arbitrary, and unrealistic, barrier against multi-multi-multi-crafting.

Quote Originally Posted by Warzen
    My suggestion is:

Creat a new version of a forms. Include all of the lower tier forms with it. I.e., Grandmaster Maul(has beginner maul, Journeymen maul, Expertand Master maul).
    I like this idea.

Maybe do the same sort of thing with spells.?

What is the formula Limit?

750 Forms, so choose wisely.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Redacre
    Now, I know this isnt an *ideal* situation, its really just a possible work around, but, you all do know that you can use a form without scribing it, right?

if you have a form in your inventory, or vault, or wherever, you can double click on the form, and it will ask you which item you want to make. this could allow you to keep your lesser used forms in your vault, in your home storage, etc, and use them as you need them..

again, i know this isnt exactly a wonderful idea, but it is something that can be done..

~ Henry
    This works. So have a pouch or scalepack of Formulas and double click on the desired one.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    I would be very upset if crafter form limit gets raised before the adventure spell limit. Single classed people get hit with the spellbook limit while only very hardcore crafters get hit with the form limit.
    couldn't agree more, if this would be rasied even further and spell book would stay the same, this would be annoying.

But making higher versions of buffs casting as lower versions on lower lvl players.. this would save alot of spellbook space..
    100 Warrior |100 Guardian |100 Healer
    Unity [former Ice]

wich one would you pick ?

Ok one more simple question. Is that 750 total or of each kind(beginner,journeyman,expert)?

750 total
    Frons Von Frik - Order

You all don't want to be masters/mistresses of all trades.

Leave those forms you cannot scribe to those who don't have a full book yet. Keeps them in business. Keeps you talking to them for things you would like to have made.

Take Warzen's idea an add it to a quest, give it a back story for lore. Only those who are 100 (120 maybe??)in the skill are going to be interested in it, which means they've worked HARD to get to the top.

You work that hard and you deserve to change 6 forms into 1. Don't have any cost associated to it, just the quest. Using a fitter as an example...

The admantium joints at the dome in Tazoon need replacing, craft 35.

It's going to be a pain to do but its not a gimme either.
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

Colbalt

Quote Originally Posted by Dha'Vol
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Warzen wrote: My suggestion is:

Creat a new version of a forms. Include all of the lower tier forms with it. I.e., Grandmaster Maul(has beginner maul, Journeymen maul, Expertand Master maul).

I like this idea.

Maybe do the same sort of thing with spells.?

I really like this idea to both..

Thread Information