Thread: Let's talk about end game casters (wiz, mag, sorc, conj etc)

Hybrid View

Default Re: Let's talk about end game casters (Arcane/Mystic)

cauri-
    the biped equivalent to primalist claw is Queens Vertebrae. Not that bad- But what do I know about biped stuff..
    Maybe this Vertebrae just needs a little facelift?
    Same goes for Demonskin Staff..
    may be something easyly to begin with.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

From what I can tell, The Queen's Vertebrae is for support/healing, not damage, unlike the Primalist's Claw, so they're not really equivalent. Since most epic hunters are dragons (from what I've seen), dedicated biped support/healing classes are not necessary since dragons already have access to plenty of healing. Schools like Cleric and Healer could maybe be more useful in an all-biped party, but I doubt that happens very often.

Thy Spaghetti- concerning the Vertebrae I obviersly missed the point^^
    Btw:
    We hunt with a not so small group epics regularyly- hail to our dedicated healer (at least 2)
    it makes hunting fun- no stress.
    And both will not become unemployed-
    we do what a mmo is ment for- we hunt in group- and not all are able to heal themselves AND fight efficiently.
    Or willing to do so- I e.g. can frighten a greater-and risk much more- knowing that my guarding angel is right beside me.
    As said- for me its more fun.
    And the healer have to be mighty too- and know exactly who needs what and when.. its a win win
    ok- at least for us
    and updated sorceres and shamanes would be welcome too.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Queen's Vertebrae isn't equippable by the "Arcane" casters (wiz, mage, conj, etc). Demonskin Staff and Elial's thorn and the Bloodthorn Staff look to be the intended epic biped caster weapons but aside from the 100 power & focus, none boost spell damage in any meaningful way as the Primalist claw does. Gearing for end game casters as I mentioned above is very lacking compared to melee.
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

I have not tried the tomes, but on paper I don't see how they would be better than the Blood Staff etc. I agree that mainly the lack of damage modifiers is where the casters suffer the most. They possibly need something comparable to powerstyle and melee flurry. Just a bit of a boost would go a long way and make them more fun for the player.

Also if you think about it the melee characters get a bump in damage for every attack/ability everytime they update their weapon. Casters get higher tier spells but have no other way to modify the damage aside from that, so when melee got lvl 100 weapons the casters never got a bump (aside from melee) when everyone else got a much needed power boost for the super strong t6 mobs. Yes, they can use the Bloodstaff (and others) which do good melee damage but why can't they give you a nice bump to your spell/magic ability damage too.

When I play a caster I want to cast spells, not hit stuff with a really cool looking stick, unless it gets close, then I'll smack it around a bit.
    Last edited by Zachyattacky; May 30th, 2024 at 04:54 PM.

Thread Information