Thread: Maintenance Day

Default Maintenance Day

Is there any realistic possibility that we'll actually get a content patch today? It's been a month (or more) since we've had one, and there are a number of things on Blight that we could surely use on the regular servers.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Default Re: Maintenance Day

What a wonderfull dream. An update ?? Whats that.
    100 Bezerker 100 Healer 100 Druid 100 reaver 40 ChaosWarrior 100 mage 100 spiritist 100 Weaponsmith 100 blacksmith 55 fitter and various others

We just had Christmas and New Years. If there is a patch, count ourselves lucky. I didn't see anything go on blight over the holidays, and rightfully so.

I am sure, with their vacation over, the patches will start again.

I am pretty confident the main shards will see squat today. It is Blight I will be keeping an eye on just to see if maybe we will see anything next week. They have a lot of things that looked good to have in by the end of January (their words), and I doubt they would push it all out at once on the 25th.
    Denrath, Lunus Ancient of Order

Didn't they put the performance patch on blight sometime last month? If so, it is due to hit live.

GhostRdr -
    100- RVR, SPRT, HLR, CONJ, SHMN, GRD
    100- BLK, WPN, FIT, MSN

Fayde- 69 Adult Lunus/35 craft
    82nd Level Hoard
    Member of the Dark Council
    Nana & Gerard Guild Communities

I belive it is due so yea we could really use a performance patch now...not to mention the level 100 cap lifted (add content for them later just lift the cap for now lol)
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketsup
    Ssafire-lvl 100 Cleric, 100 Bloodmage, 100 Mage, 100 Druid, 90 Monk, Saris
    Safiretalon-lvl 66 dragon adventurer, lvl 32 dragon crafter, lvl 14 dragon lairshaper.
    Guild: Dark Defenders
    Horizons player since: December 21st 2003

keltic

isnt the cap lvl supposed to go up to 120? my question is when they up the cap what about putting in some more tiers???

ok, dumb question here .... if they lift the cap, are they going to have more abilties for those higher levels?

hopefully when the cap gets raised there will beTier VI formulas, quests and abilities ready. And even some new monsters.
    100 Warrior |100 Guardian |100 Healer
    Unity [former Ice]

wich one would you pick ?

gopher65

Umm... Raising the lvl cap MEANS adding in formulas, abilities, spells, and lvl appropriate mobs(I would hope quests too). If it was just a matter of editting 1 number from "100" to "120" it would have been live when the game was released:P

Quote Originally Posted by keltic
    isnt the cap lvl supposed to go up to 120? my question is when they up the cap what about putting in some more tiers???
    I am sure tier VI formulas and tier VI techs are the end. TulgAE has said that tier VI gear will also decay. So they need to apply charges (ala Blighted stuff) to that.

However, they first need to complete their analysis and changes to the Adventure schools (an Update they posted in August 2004).

And, it would be proper to add in tier I to IV Blighted item content for subscribers that have characters at those levels.

Another thing TulgAE has to consider is speed of leveling. Lifting the cap to 120 implies monsters rated over 120. Leveling secondary classes from 1 to 100 will be even faster if TulgAE does not have some slowing mechanism - as in better XP caps or rating checks before entering tier VI lands.

Oh, and Dragons . . . something for Ancients (and adults) to slowly gain additional abilities to mimic increased adventure ratings for a similar reward for effort (comparable playing experience to enjoy tier V and VI game content).

Really, TulgAE has a lot to do (or should do) before they simply change 100 to 120.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Didn't AE already say that the level cap raise to 120 would occur... after dragons get ARoP and lairs and after the new blighted items are all out.

So far all we got for our "December Surprise" were blighted mithril shortswords. Absolutely nothing for dragons at all.

I'm sure AE is doing their best to get new content out, but given the small size of the dev staff, that apparently means a pretty slow pace of development. Consider that for November and December virtually nothing was released in terms of new content or bugfixes. In the absence of updates from AE I expect that new content will be released as follows:

Rest of the blighted items except dragonclaws
    : Late January - late February.

Dragonclaw slots that are actually useable (ie with the forms to make dragonclaws actually in-game or useable blighted dragonclaws): mid-February - mid-march.

Ancient Rite of Passage for Dragons: End of March - Beginning of June.

Dragon lairs: End of April - beginning of June

Level cap raise to 120: End of May - beginning of September.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Thread Information