Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frame Rate Smoothing

gopher65

Default Re: Frame Rate Smoothing

Yesterday the shard I was playing on was borked, so I decided to try again tonight at peak time.

In cities my FPS is virtually untouched, but in one-on-one combat/crafting, or while just running out in the wilderness, but FPS has jumped about 15-20FPS. Pretty good I think:).

EDIT: This could have something to do with my new graphics card, but I didn't notice anything different before so....

...uneed toturn off the framerate smoothing manually in the ClientPrefs_Main file:

float frameRateSmoothing = 0

I heard they were working on it, and that it will be reinstated when it's sorted out. Also, playing in fullscreen mode helps on the jerky flight...

Quote Originally Posted by Helcat
    seems the patch improved frame rate for ATI users,
    and made no difference/or had negative impact on
    nVidia users...
    Both gaming systems here have had noticable framerate improvements, one has a GF4 ti4800, the other a GF5 5600.

On the 5600, framerates have jumped from around 35 fps in most open areas, up to 60+. In areas with many structures such as player towns and Tazoon, fps is around 30-35 fps, compared to 20-25 fps prior to the patch. Densely populated areas such as New Rachival, Kion, Aughundell etc yield between 15-30 fps depending on whether people are standing still chatting or running around a lot.

General system specs are as follows :

Asus A7N8X Deluxe motherboard
    Athlon XP 3200 CPU
    2 x 1 gig Corsair XMS3200 DIMMs
    CL SB Audigy Platinum
    Windows XP SP2
    GF4 ti4800 in one, GF5 5600 in the other, both using 61.77 driver release

Just wanted to give some insight to a situation where one nVidia user has benefitted [:D]

Please give Frame Rate Smoothing back!

Could make the difference between staying and leaving!

Pre-patch I had framerate smoothing set both on and off and didnt notice any difference in performance either way. It seemed to be a non-functional control.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Thread Information