Thread: Question to AE about blighted equipment

Default Question to AE about blighted equipment

Will the day come that we get access to some of the new techs we are seeing on these weapons and armor? Perhaps the techs will be hard to get, but having some of them would be nice, especially the damage bonuses against mobs, etc...Is this blighted gear a precursor to greater things to come?
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

Default Re: Question to AE about blighted equipment

My understanding is that the techs on the blighted items are unique. The idea is that this is valuable loot which you should specifically hunt for. When you get blighted forms you can try making blighted items and at each try you get a random selection of attributes.

It would defeat the purpose to have the best blighted techs drop as separate techs that can go on ordinary non-blighted items. If that was the case, then there would no longer be any reason to hunt for blighted loot and forms.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

imported_Waun

I have Kicker "Shock of Fire I" and have no problem applying it to Weaponsmith made weapons. I don't think they were meant for as spell kickers.

Maybe Kickers will go on claw? So what do they do?

From the loots I've made I have onlyencountered kickers on weapons.
    Syntael Arclight
    - 100 Knoc / 100 Conj / 100 Wiz / 100 Sorc / 100 Mage / 100 Hlr
    92 Grdn / 88 Btlm / 76 Rngr / 60 Dru / 60 War / 44 Brsk / 20 Sct
    -100 Fit / 100 Out / 100 Tnk / 92 Arm / 87 Tlr / 81 Msn / 79 Mnr / 78 Wvr / 43 Wpn / 33 Jwlr

Xydrik Shadowscale
    -75 Drag / 81 Dcra

There's only 10 kinds of people in this world, those that understand binary, and those that don't...

Fireclaw is correct - you will not be able to get any of the techniques found on Blighted items independently. The only way to get an item with those techniques is when one is randomly assigned toa looted or craftedBlighted item.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    So what about the kickers?
    I've seen the kickers on weapons, specifically monk handwraps. I have only ever seen one kicker tech (tier I), dropped from a gruok, and in the posession of Refr of Unity.

IMO kicker techs are the rarest techniques out there right now. In fact it might be the case that they only dropped for a short period of time - let's hope I'm wrong - the kicker techs seem pretty groovy [:)]

Currently the only kickers are on weapons. There may be kickers on other types of equipment as well, but their nature will depend on the type of item. For instance, armor kickers would be defensive, such as a percentage chance of getting a damage shield every time you are hit. A possibility for a jewelry kicker might be something occuring if you are killed, such as a chance to be resurrected (which may be undesirable in some situations!)...

Kicker techs?!?! Are these new?
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

Told ya it wouldn't do anything. [:)] But noooo.. you wouldn't give it to me. [:P]
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

hehehehe, no argument there :P

Ok all kidding aside.....so we finally have a Kicker tech to appear in the Damage Kicker sorter :) what would fall under augmentation?

I want damage shield kickers!! :)
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Never even heard of kicker techs prior to reading this thread. If this is intended to be rare loot, it sounds like its so rare as to be virtually non-existent.

Might be a good idea to up the drop rate on the kickers. Loot is only an incentive to hunt if it actually drops in enough numbers that players know it exists.

Fireclaw Longtail - Chaos Shard - Ancient Lunus Dragon
    100 Dragon Adventurer / 100 Dragoncrafter / 28 million hoard

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw
    Never even heard of kicker techs prior to reading this thread. If this is intended to be rare loot, it sounds like its so rare as to be virtually non-existent.

Might be a good idea to up the drop rate on the kickers. Loot is only an incentive to hunt if it actually drops in enough numbers that players know it exists.
    Do I have any kicker techs ? No.

Would I like some kicker techs ? Certainly.

Do I feel that because I don't have them, the drop rate should be increased ? Hell no.

They're rare. Let's keep them that way. Apologies for taking this topic even further off the blighted equipment path, however you can't blame me for feeling strongly about something. So many people ask for drop rates to be upped, personally I crave rare items that only drop every couple of months, if that. I love playing Horizons, however it depresses me that the Horizons equivalent of rare is something that anyone can get if they farm for a few days or a week at most. Kickers are something that are so uncommon that I will speak out consistently against anyone I hear asking for their drop rates to be increased.

No offence of course Fireclaw. Personal opinion and all that - in this particular instance ours differ, hope you don't mind [:)]

Thread Information