Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Discussion thread for Consignment list on community web site

Merriweather Honeythorn

Default Re: Discussion thread for Consignment list on community web site

OKie, I'd REALLY like to know how someone managed the below?[:P] Glitch? Sorry, I thought it was funny.

Beginner Salvage Awl Back Price: 100c Quantity: 1 Type: formula Seller: Momadee Consigner: Starr Location: New Brommel Days Listed: 12811.1

They sell Dragon Love, but these only list the items on racial city consigners, which unfortunately don't sell the uh....seedier items =P
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Excellent. This is nice.

Updated on the hour and half-hour I'm guessing?
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Well every 30 minutes, dunno if its exactly on the hour and the half hour.
    PersonalJustice the Demon Slayer - Chaos

Master Crafter: 1900 Levels

WTB Undead Legions. Paying $12.95/month

Might be a nice help... if we had it...

Could you please explain why Unity is being left out?
    And is that a permanent choice ? [:S]

Quote Originally Posted by Galilee
    Might be a nice help... if we had it...

Could you please explain why Unity is being left out?
    And is that a permanent choice ? [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-7.gif[/img]
    I'm guessing that it will be up to GN to host their own equivalent of this functionality, so if the updates to the login site that have been in operation on the NA version of the game are anything to go by, I wouldn't hold your breath waiting [:P] (yup, it sure would be nice if Unity players had a fully functional login site... but that's another matter [:)])

This goes to ae, lots of poeple tht play the game dont visit the baords here. so instead of having us players constly remind those that dont come here about this new system if you can set it to the MOTD when a player logs on...
    thanks from a player that has told about a 100 poeple in game already

gopher65

right Blue;). I second that.

Smeglor,
    Would there be anyway to get an XML dump of this data? or even prehaps an RSS feed?
    AKA Maguai, PogoWolf (Chaos)
    www.PogoWolf.com / www.GamersVue.com
    [/RIGHT]

Quote Originally Posted by pogowolf
    Smeglor,
    Would there be anyway to get an XML dump of this data? or even prehaps an RSS feed?
    I'm possibly a step ahead of you, I started work on a web consigner front-end, thing is I'd probably end up diverging from the consigner lookalike option, and go with some sort of system similar to that used in PE.

Then again I can say with some degree of certainty that anything I end up messing around with will not be pulling data every half hour. Nevertheless, the option to grab the data in either XML or an RSS feed would be something that you, I and possibly a few others would be very interested in working with [:)]

Well I was thinking along the same lines for the RALPH project.. worse case, would be to either call the database itself by recreating the Query string, and then parseing the returns.. but that would be much more overhead for the webserver, then just posting an XML file of the data like every 4 hours or something.. I doubt our projects would really need the item lists every 1/2 hour.. but that still would be nice.. hehe
    AKA Maguai, PogoWolf (Chaos)
    www.PogoWolf.com / www.GamersVue.com
    [/RIGHT]

Vindra

Quote Originally Posted by Tzael
    I'm guessing that it will be up to GN to host their own equivalent of this functionality, so if the updates to the login site that have been in operation on the NA version of the game are anything to go by, I wouldn't hold your breath waiting [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img] (yup, it sure would be nice if Unity players had a fully functional login site... but that's another matter [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img])
    Sure can't hold my breaht for a couple months..

and yes, it WOULD be nice, if Unity players had a fully functional login site.. or support... or WMs... or anything..

Ah well.. what to expect from an italian service provider.. guess they're on strike 5 days out of 7 anyway.. [:P]

Looks very good. Should be very useful once Unity is added to that list... [:D] An interesting observation can be made if we equate the number of items on consignment to player count. Order has ~1100 items while Chaos has ~2300 items. Unity normally has ~800 to ~1000 items for sale on Kion alone - but that's about triple amount to any runner-up connies.

This, I believe, gives as a pretty good idea on relative headcounts: US has almost double the amount of players than EU.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

This is great. Would it be possible to show the location on the main query results list? Or to be able to search by location?

Thanks

Rocinante

A very nice and useful addition. Some small limitations, so it seems a very clever use of the 80/20 rule. 80% of of the function (or more) and 20% of the effort (or less).

One small request. At the bottom of the page, could we please have a "next page" arrow to click?

Just Great. [B][Y] [8-|]
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Great idea, with the obvious moans about Unity [:P]

Many many moons ago it was asked if you could pull the data for Community Structures. Hows about pulling and publishing them to [:D]

Of course us poor old inhabitants of Unity will then have something else to moan about :(
    Bleri McThrust - Dwarf
    Unity - Formerly Ice

Exavier

Too bad there is nothing for Unity..
    I love it tho

yes it looks great

hope to get in the near future all features of the NA Servers

the hope dies last

Hi Smeglor!

Thanks for the wonderful addition!

I'm finding it very useful to check on the items I have for sale on the Imperial connies without having to constantly get in and run around, wasting lots of time portal jumping. You've made my game time more enjoyable and productive. [H]

Of course, something like this would be even handier in game, but it's a great start!!

A couple of critiques though:

Having a "next page" button at the bottom of the screen would be helpful.
    Having the player connies that are open to the public on the list would also be very helpful.
    And your system is still a bit buggy. I know I haven'thad my candied apples on a connie for 12812.9 days (I just cooked them a couple of days ago, they're not fossils!).[:S]

All in all, it's two thumbs up! [Y][Y]

Nellie Lovett/Ochre Tekton
    of Azure Twilight in Carmo on Order
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

now the obvious question.

It is a sincere one to.

Why is this not ingame ? This feature was requested as early as the december of release. The idea was to go to any consignor or a central registry and be able to check whats for sale around the world.

But I suppose this is ok say for the fact that alt tabbing out or running Horizons in a window with a machine at recomended specs will not work very well.

Any chance this could ever be added in game ? would finish this feature and make it a strong utility.

thats my opinion.

Thread Information