Thread: Tokens for Construction-Gatherer Classes/ Ability to Gamble as a Journeyman

Default Tokens for Construction-Gatherer Classes/ Ability to Gamble as a Journeyman

To this day what I don't understand is why gathering/construction classes get no tokens for quests done. They do, after all, gain the ability to make tools of thier trade but no tokens to get the forms and non-recognition when trying to gamble for the formulas. It seems that Journeyman Gatherers/Miners/Fitters/Masons/Carpenters/Weavers/Enchanters sub-skills don't matter according to the Questmasters/Formulatrons.

What I suggest is simple,

1. Instead of just recognizing the class, Formulatrons should recognize usable classesAND usable skills on the Formulas themselves. If a gatherer, miner or enchanter meets requirements then by all means allow him to get the formula in a gamble. Lose the "there are no formulas for your class" messages because we do know there actually are many formulas based on metalworking, sculpting, woodworking, fletching, etc. Make all journeyman classes recognizable.
    2. Give all Gathering/Construction schools tokens when completing quests to use on thier sub-skills. They do the work they should get the reward.

Default Re: Tokens for Construction-Gatherer Classes/ Ability to Gamble as a Journeyman

I like the idea of formulaes based on class and skill.
    But there is also a problem with it. That is that you could risk getting something you dont want.
    A Fletcher for example, probably do not want formulaes for metalweapons...but if skill is used to decide, then he/she would probably get them. It could take a long time getting all fletcher formulaes this way then.
    So unless they put in some way of assuring that class-formulaes are more likely to show up than skill-formulaes, I think it should stay as it is...based on class only.

Default Re: Tokens for Construction-Gatherer Classes/ Ability to Gamble as a Journeyman

I like the idea of formulaes based on class and skill.
    But there is also a problem with it. That is that you could risk getting something you dont want.
    A Fletcher for example, probably do not want formulaes for metalweapons...but if skill is used to decide, then he/she would probably get them.

??? A fletcher gets good in wood (so would get wooden tools, wooden weapons etc); not in metalskill as far as I am aware of...
    Just as my fitter is good in metal; but no way do I see his woodworking skills rise any.

So actually I don't see any difficulty in indeed looking foremost at some-ones skills when using the formulatrons. Unless I am mistaken ??[*-)]

To become a fletcher you need to be blacksmith first.
    So you have skills to work with metal, and that was what I was trying to point out.
    If it was based on skill, then the metal-items a fletcher could craft would be eligible for the formulatron to hand out.

Caelin, that's why I put the ANDin there. It should meet both requirements of current class and skill. If you gain the skill in your current class and the form is usable by that class it would fit. As a Fletcher you wouldn't get the metalworking items due to not getting points in the metalworking skill while in that class.

Okay. Then I can vote for your suggestion :o)

If it looks at skills that you actually receive in your current class and not skills that you posses, then it would work.

Merriweather Honeythorn

This is like way old but it deserves a bump.

Has no one noticed that in order to get basic resource refinement formulae you must spend tokens on them? Now, that we can't outright buy with cash our basic formulae Gatherers and Miners and I am guessing Construction schools too now have onlyone wayto gain their tokens for formulae; adventuring.

This is unacceptable. Gatherers, Miners, and Construction schools (if construction schools are in the same boat) NEED to earn tokens for completing trainer quests now that basic resource refining formulae are only token purchasable. They also need to be added to the random list on the random machines as well as the formulae needed for their craft added for randomizing and recieving.

Thread Information