Thread: Mobs--Stealth Tweaked?

Default Mobs--Stealth Tweaked?

I just started to notice a change in the behavior of mobs yesterday... I was near Mithrils Anvil when someone called me for a res down in the mithril... I came down there and Mhedon was guarding this person's corpse like it was his last meal.. Normally, when someone dies the mob automatically runs away and goes off... but this time the mob was not leaving... so I DC'd Mhedon to get his attentionand res'd the person...

Later that day when I was working in the yew some friends grouped me to take out some undead there..To make a story short.. the group got wiped out and I managed to escape.. I came back to res, and the entire group of monsters was guarding the corpses making it extremely hard to get a successful res off...

I am not saying this is bad, I actually enjoyed seeing this because it made it seem like the mobs had a brain... I am curious if AE/Tulga has messed with the mobs because they did not behave in that manner before.. They also seem a bit more aggressive....

Im wondering if anyone else has noticed this change in mob behavior too.. I like it, but I think it is a bit unbalanced and needs to be tweaked some more if they actually have been adjusting mob behavior..[8-)]
    Frons Von Frik - Order

Flin

Default Re: Mobs--Stealth Tweaked?

I noticed this in the Mytril yesterday also.. 3 golems guarding Mzengr until he recalled... Not sure how long it was but there does appear to be a difference.

I noticed 4 fyakkies (Indestructible)running after a person and would not let go until she relogged, never seen that before either..
    100 Warrior |100 Guardian |100 Healer
    Unity [former Ice]

wich one would you pick ?

Altair

Yeah me and a guildie noticed this to... Aint nothing like being camped by Mouf! :P

Altair Argannon
    EoI

Well, if this is the beginning of some tactics for mobs - I'm all for that. Maybe this is a PvP-style tactic they have added (DAoC/WoW).
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

It does make things more interesting :-)
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Frons Von Frik
    Normally, when someone dies the mob automatically runs away
    they do normally? and i always thought they camped peoples bodys like no tomorrow
    cuz shortly after merge i was out witha level 100 guildie soloing yew treants and anoth guoildie got killed...ALL OF THE yew treants and ALL OF THE forest oastics were encricleing him like a pack of sharks
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketsup
    Ssafire-lvl 100 Cleric, 100 Bloodmage, 100 Mage, 100 Druid, 90 Monk, Saris
    Safiretalon-lvl 66 dragon adventurer, lvl 32 dragon crafter, lvl 14 dragon lairshaper.
    Guild: Dark Defenders
    Horizons player since: December 21st 2003

I've noticed body camping too, but it has been going on longer than a week or two.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

<nods> Nord and I had a blight anchor move 20 or so feet, along with the spectres,to stand on top of our bodies. If we got a rez we were dead before the rez animation finished. Ended up having Baldarou come in a play distraction so we could get a rez and kill off the anchor.
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

Agents of the WA.

Remember the lore of the Blighted equipment, of studying the items of the Gifted that have fallen. There ya go. They be poking around the body and looking at items and such, then returning them before the monsters leave (or are killed) or the body disappeared in Recalling.

Rather interesting tactic, right?
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

Me and friend just hunted in Fire island. she got killed by four giant fire beetles, (my Mistake [:D]). then they guarded her, and i could kill them one by one. agro one on me (while the others guarding her boddy) killing it and moving to the next beetle.
    I'm almost sure it's a bug and not a intent change
    Living at Istaria as
    Chiptus Dalak of Order
    71/95 dragon

aka
    Chaim Dalak of Order
    lvl 100 Paladin+Carpenter

I think it is a bug. When it happens, best thing is to recall.

I was dead by Mouf, and he wasn't moving nn my screen. Well, he was walking in place.

Group member came up and rezzed me, started refilling gifts. On my screen I see gifts reloading, but I'm still dead. Needless to say I got killed again by mouf because I couldn't move or do anything. After 3rd DP I recalled.

If you are dead and have been rezzed but still see dead, recall or relog. With recall safest bet.

Guaran

Thread Information