Thread: Resource nodes should be selected on right click.

Default Resource nodes should be selected on right click.

If I right click on a resource node and select ?Gather Resource from <resource_name>? I generally want to gather from that node. As such I think the node should be selected when I right click on it.

[&]
    Craft-happy Saris with a crazy streak.

Default Re: Resource nodes should be selected on right click.

Change your keybindings to perform that way? Most people left click to select entities but if it more comfortable for you to right click then changing your keybindings is the way to go. Unless you are wanting right click to do double duty which I don't think is possible.

Ah indeed keybindings should have worked but there seems to be no entry for select; and no binding for MOUSE_LEFT;

I expect it would complain MOUSE_RIGHT was already in use ?Popup Window? but it was worth a try if nothing else.

Fwiw, I would like right mouse select and popup window. (I did not relies that was configurable though); I?m guessing I?ll be stuck MOUSE_LEFT then MOUSE_RIGHT for a long while :\

Thank you for trying to help though (=

Can't you double click with the left mouse button to start gatheringfrom avein ?

Just like portaling when you select your destination (left mouse button) or double click (with left mouse button)for teleporting to selected destination.

Maybe i missed what you asked about.. its windows standard to select with the left mouse button, the way most people prefer it. But it can probably be changed in the options menue.
    100 Warrior |100 Guardian |100 Healer
    Unity [former Ice]

wich one would you pick ?

gopher65

Or you can go into windows mouse setup and reverse the keys to the left handed version. Then the right mouse button is the primary and the left is the secondary. This would apply for all programs on your computer.

Try something:

Right click on an item in your inventory; note that it is selected and you get a context menu.

Now, right click on a resource node, note that you only get a context menu.

I think that right clicking on a resource node should behave the same as right clicking an item in your inventory. Which is to say I think it should select the node and display the context menu.

Yes, you can double click to start gathering. There is also a key binding and a UI button.

Just in case I am not clear, I like to select with my left mouse button; as mentioned this is more or less standard. However, right click should also select; this is also pretty standard and MISSING from resource nodes; This is my point.

Thank you for the comments regardless (=

Just a note, inventory/vault/trade window does not work this way either. Right clicking an item in your inventory will not instantly select said item and bring up its action box. If you have something already highlighted it will instead bring that items action box up. I know, I just tried it earlier.

Just a thought but i think there should be a macro that allows you to 'Select nearest resource node' (like the Select nearest enemy macros etc.), which makes searchingfor the nodes a little easier!
    Uther Truthbearer Lvl 80 Bloodmage/ Lvl 65 Healer / Lvl 26 Carpenter / Lvl 23 Fletcher

For me, right clicking on an item in inventory or in vault (with vault keeper in range) results in selecting the item and displaying the context menu. I am not sure about the trade window.

I very much agree there is a need for a /SelectNearestResourceNode command. (With a radius the same as "/gather"; If I can gather from it I should be able to select it.) This, however, is good for a separate topic (=

I cant say that i craft anymore, but when i used to i used to always has trouble finding nodes because they were half way up a mountain or some other ridiculus position!
    Uther Truthbearer Lvl 80 Bloodmage/ Lvl 65 Healer / Lvl 26 Carpenter / Lvl 23 Fletcher

Thread Information