Thread: Bonus Annoyance.

Default Bonus Annoyance.

When gathering material, bonus material of a different tier is far more annoying than it is helpful in most cases.

When quarrying Obsidian I want Obsidian for instance, If I wanted Marble I would be quarrying marble.

Quick Fix: Bonus material should only be the same type as you are currently gathering; MORE is a bonus; something else is not.

Just a few coppers..

Craft-happy Saris with a crazy streak.

Default Re: Bonus Annoyance.

How long have you been playing?

That is not a good enough fix... some folks like to gather the extra material, especially nickle or colbalt when digging iron.

A real 'Quick Fix'?... make it so your inventory can be blocked to anything but the items you are gathering, via a filter in your inventory window, that can be toggled on/off.
    As a Cleric of Harden I am duty bound to teach you his ways.
    or kill you trying!

+1 tier bonus resources are a miner's/gatherer's best friend. We end up being able to process resources well before actually being able to gather them.

I'm not against some option or /setpref to autochuck (Hey! How about /setpref autochuck true) bonus resources that differ from what you are gathering or are a tier above.
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Quote Originally Posted by Hal`cyon Sskyler
    +1 tier bonus resources are a miner's/gatherer's best friend. We end up being able to process resources well before actually being able to gather them.
    Umm. Actually, that is the other way around. Miner/Gatherers end up able to gather resources well before actually being able to process them.

That is in (understandably) stark contrast to finishing classes, which end up able to refine/finish resources into finished goods well before being able to harvest/gather them.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Hal`cyon Sskyler wrote:+1 tier bonus resources are a miner's/gatherer's best friend. We end up being able to process resources well before actually being able to gather them.

Umm. Actually, that is the other way around. Miner/Gatherers end up able to gather resources well before actually being able to process them.
    I don't think this is the case. A Miner still needs Mining II or Quarrying II to gather iron/silver/slate, and doesn't get them until lvl 20. Now, they're immediately able to gather better than 0,0,1,0 because at that level they've got 220 Mining/Quarrying, as opposed to 140 or 160 that most other classes would have, but they still can't gather a tier unless they have the corresponding ability, and they don't get that any sooner than anyone else.

That may be true, I am thinking about it in terms of skill progression alone.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

what i hate about bonus reasources are with some.... you have reciaved 1 as a bonus reasource i get that alot.....otherwise i gather oh about 12 at a time...or with any bonus it used to go up as you leveled but no more
    Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketsup
    Ssafire-lvl 100 Cleric, 100 Bloodmage, 100 Mage, 100 Druid, 90 Monk, Saris
    Safiretalon-lvl 66 dragon adventurer, lvl 32 dragon crafter, lvl 14 dragon lairshaper.
    Guild: Dark Defenders
    Horizons player since: December 21st 2003

[img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Hal`cyon Sskyler wrote:+1 tier bonus resources are a miner's/gatherer's best friend. We end up being able to process resources well before actually being able to gather them.

That is in (understandably) stark contrast to finishing classes, which end up able to refine/finish resources into finished goods well before being able to harvest/gather them.
    I think what he mean by 'before' is when processing higher Tier alloy.

When making Steel bars, a miner need Iron + Nickel. So getting some carbon (sorry, nickel ) as a bonus help the miner to make some steel bar before going to the carbon/nickel.

Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

When doing metals you get silver, nickel and cobalt. The nickel and cobalt are both really nice but because silver looks alot like nickel it's really annoying. When doing nickel you get cobalt, gold and platinum bonus. I think in these cases they should make silver only a bonus on bronze with iron and gold as bonus on silver and up.

When doing obsidian on cobalt you don't get bonusses. I think that the thinking behind this is that when mining and quarrying you can also get lil veins of different resources which would give you these bonusses like this.

Only when i do iron or nickel I will use the nickel and cobalt ore bonusses but the rest i just delete. I think that the bonusses have a nice part in giving you some leaverage when getting overburdoned as you have some to delete and not waste resources you are actually gathering

Also if you would know something about real mining you would know that you will find different kinds of bonus materials.

Your getting far better in this game than in the real world [;)]

A silver minethat produced about 400 tons of silver also got 40 000 tons of lead [:P]
    100 Warrior |100 Guardian |100 Healer
    Unity [former Ice]

wich one would you pick ?

When gathering metal in tier 3 and 4 I can understand that bonusses are cool...
    Butwhen I gather Periodot uncut gems and I get:
    Tier 5:
    +10+ bonus Periodot [Y] or+5 bonusEmerald, Fire Opal[N]
    Tier 6:
    +5 bonusDiamond, Saphire, Ruby[N]

I get 6 different kinds of bonus gems... [:S]
    Both tier 5 and tier 6...
    The way dragons are now I doubt I will even be able to craft the T6 uncut into gems anyway even with the lvl cap raised to 120...

My thoughts is DUMP the bonus resources different then what I gather!!! [;)]
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

imported_Silveron

I would prefer a small interface with two list columns. List on the left of all resources in game. List on the right of bonuses you with to allow or collect. In between the columns have an add, remove, clear, and Ok set of buttons. Picture the function of the item creation window when adding techs to an item, the buttons just add/remove items from your allowed list.

Then have prospecting skill actually modify the percentage and amounts of bonuses.

[H]

Eustace Trevelyan

That may be true, I am thinking about it in terms of skill progression alone.
    Ahh, but that's base skill progression. Since crafting goes off current skill, miners are able to process 2-4 levels before they're able to gather the next tier, depending on how much adventuring has raised their strength. (This is discounting entirely teched items and structure bonuses, of course.)

Azuria

Anything is better than the rock salt bonus we received "in the good old days."

Thread Information