Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: State of the Service, 1st March 2005

Default Re: State of the Service, 1st March 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Tzael
    I really don't like the idea of distancing ourselves by having a 'european' website, 'european' forums, and so on. We're all playing the same game, if anything we should be working to get the Unity specific stuff up onto the existing community website. Why have someone repeat all the work that Tulga have done ? Waste of time imo. Much better to work towards a common place for ALL players to visit instead of separating us like this [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-50.gif[/img]

BTW for what it's worth with the forums, Unity players do use all sections of these boards, we're not restricted to this one area.
    I agree with Tzael why separate users of the game, this part of the forum is a lot lessused than the general chat or suggestions threads.. maybe because people usually want their opinion or suggestions reviewed by others and this is alot less people on the european part of the forum. It really good to have all the players in one place IMO. The only thing missing would be an ingame portal between the worlds ;-)

Someone said something about translating to other languages than english.. this seems like alot of work... sisyfos work maybe, cause most people playing do know english. Shall we have Danish/Swedish/Norwegian/Finnish/Icelandic/English/German/Italian/French/Spanish etc pages of this site.. sounds like a big waste of time since english is the universal language and most learn it at school anyway.

100 Warrior |100 Guardian |100 Healer
    Unity [former Ice]

wich one would you pick ?

Just realised this still said Ice....oopsie

I agree that seperate forums would be a bad idea, but I still think a seperate site for consigner listings would be better as it would be easier for GN to maintain themselves if something went wrong, and including them on the order and chaos pages might lead to confusion.
    Give Unity the support it deserves!

Another sound.
    Luca, please build those european forums. And please build it around the players needs and wants and beings in such a way that the game will be helped forward as it deserves. Give the players a good chance to build things up together. Keep it small while the playerbase is small, don't let us get lost or sent into one-way-streets-of-no-return where we won't see and eventually won't even know each other's concerns, issues or thoughtsanymore. Have as a leading rule that nothing will be done that causes segregation to be felt by ány playergroup. Also please makeány player, from where-ever he/she might come, feel every bit as welcome and worthwhile as any other player/boardregistree.

These boards have kindly given a corner of their boards to european guests that lost their own forums some months ago (and even allow them to take part in the other forums as long as the topics do not concern european issues): thank you forum-makers here; butour position is and will stay that of a 'temporary guest'.While division, sub-division, sub-sub-division, sub-sub-sub-division of the small playerbase will also stay. Such have been the choices of AE/Tulga/boardmakers, and they arehappy withit: itcan not be expected to change anytime soon.

I think many, especially those that do not post / visit here anymore while they are still playing,would welcome a place they can feel about as 'their home' again. The more so if such a forum wouldbe built up in such a way that it well enables them to help make the game, also the european part of it (something I feel is being forgotten by former posters),go forward again.

As for contact with devs: that was zero on the unity-forum; maybe it will bemóre if a seperate european forum is made again; it certainly can't be less. All in all, and most certainly if the 'general part' of these forums also stay open to be used by áll players including european, it can only be a win-win situation to make such new forums imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Galilee
    As for contact with devs: that was zero on the unity-forum; maybe it will bemóre if a seperate european forum is made again; it certainly can't be less. ...
    - The devs never visit the Unity forum
    - The posts on General forum concern only Chaos and Order

Imho AE/Tulga does not care with European players. We can only use the game as it is and put some content through player or GN events.
    We can only hope that the NA players have the same feeling of the game and that they will be heard by the devs.

Our voice counts for nothing here.

Perhaps GN can tell us in which way they will add better game time either through events or in better connectivity/system performance.

For reasons already discussed above, I don't like the idea of a separate EU forums. While a revamped, possibly multilingual EU website - with a consigner listing as on US site - would serve to enhance game experience and serve as a source of EU-specific information (maintenance schedules, patch information, news) a separate forums would be, IMHO, a disservice. Many discussion threads on this board have valuable input from both EU and US players, and I'd hate to have to log into two different places to see other sides of the coin.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

WOot, Nice news and great work!
    Onnidrah: Half Gaint - Retired
    Warrior: 100 Cleric: 100 Mage: 100 Spiritist 100
    Armourer: 62

Unity [Formerer ICE]
    Old Beta Player
    Tazoon irc: IRC

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Mazzasogni
    - Random Events: as some of you already experienced last week with the attacks on Aughundell and Dalimond, we?ve started working on some random town raids from Withered Aegis forces. We know that many of you like this kind of events and would like to see them almost daily, but their schedule will remaind just random? so you might have 3 attacks in 2 days and maybe then nothing for a week and at different times during the day. The point of these attacks will remain to be random and mostly unexpected!
    As long as those attacks/events are in *prime-times* (evening, weekends), its fine. But events at office hoursis the last I'm interested in. [:(]
    Dvergar Blutaxt @ Unity (former ICE) / Paladin 97 - Mason 100 // before hibernation

Matecuss

The last one we had was a 2 hour assault at the entrance to harro and was happening for most ofyesterday evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Mazzasogni
    - Security Certificate for login/support website: as you know the certificate has been bought back in October when it expired, unfortunately we will not be able to register and apply it until we receive a written authorization from the istaria.com domain owner. This received a further delay although we posted that the issue was resolved a few days ago, we apologize about this.

HI luca ,

is it possible to give us an update on this ? or an idea of what it is that is holding up the issue of being resolved ?

thanks

Yes,Giving a us a statement of how each things are going on would be very cool [:)]

Not really much to add, but to fill your request of a new statement...

1. New CSR: recovered from the flu and started working actively on support cases today under the name of Torrin Macalir (just to stick to Istaria's lore and history [;)])
    2. New website: still in concept.
    3. New maintenance schedule: too early to judge, but so far we got no major issues.
    4. Still received no news at all about the certificate, sorry about that.
    5. Random Events: they just keep happening... randomly!

Thank you very much Luca [Y]
    Welcome to Torrin Macalir [:)]

Luca,

Are you able to clarify/tell to us if the problems with the certificate are on gn`s side or on tulga`s side?

btw. I like the recent communication from gn towards unity players :) keep it up [Y]

Quote Originally Posted by Xante
    Luca,

Are you able to clarify/tell to us if the problems with the certificate are on gn`s side or on tulga`s side?

btw. I like the recent communication from gn towards unity players [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img] keep it up [img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-21.gif[/img]
    Nothing changed about this since our previous statement, so I can only say again that we will not be able to register and applythe certificateuntil we receive a written authorization from the istaria.com domain owner.

Again I apologize on behalf of Game Network for this issue.

Thanks luca,

*Starts wondering if Tulga needs a reminder*

Thread Information