Thread: new patcher

Noodle

Default new patcher

My son and I have had nothing but problems with this new patcher. we have done what the lame directions ask of us to do (which is more than any game in the history of gaming has asked). He runs windows 98 and it has never worked and I run Xp.. and it worked once for me. we are both running the old loader at this time. We ( I ) am going to cancel my subscribtion(s) if we are expected to use any other means than normal to log into this game. This game is fun and better in many areas but, the it's become tiresome to put up with all this crap. I have tried to be reasonable and not judgemental. This last patcher is enough... the game has too many bugs... I have to move items from disk to move disk to inventory, I have to drag and drop tools from inv to my hand for them to work..,.... countless bugs that need fixing and they insist on adding new buggy crap. I am fed up and want more possitive change and less bs. I have remained possitive till now.. and now enough is enough and I want thisto end.... It's a game worth waiting for... but I am not waiting forever for things you promised the beta testers nor am I going to stick around for stuff that breaks stuff that works while the things that are broke are left unchanged. Dev's, I am on your side... I am trying... but I am at my end....

Default Re: new patcher

Help the devs help you. They can't help you if they don't know what your problem is.. File a support ticket explaining every possible detail of what happens for both you and your son. That applies for both the patcher and any bugs you may chance upon.
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Quote Originally Posted by gusi
    any bugs you may chance upon.
    Well, I was on Enlath and it is crawling with em
    Sajid,
    Lone Lizard of the Apocalypse

Champions of Honor

The link to help info they give doesn't work. And there is no explaination as to what a .net framework is so i have no idea what to download and the windows update says i am 100% up to date.

If you wish to win new players these are the things you fix before advertising. A bug like this will drive people away for a final time. Both current players and those who canceled a while ago will simply never return.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I've noted that as well. The non-critical, in Microsoft's eyes, seem to be the ones people actually need MORE.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

I also had a problem with the patcher working the first time then failing thereafter with an error on page message.

I was able to fix this by doing the following

Press Start and choose Run
    (If run is not there you can open this dialogue box by pressing the Windows Key and R at the same time)

Type: Explorer "%windir%\downloaded program files"
    and hit enter, this will bring up the windows explorer to a directory which should hold a file called:
    Launcher Control
    Right click on this file and choose Remove
    Reboot
    Go back to Horizons.istaria.com log in using the new patcher again and make sure that you read each dialoge box and follow the directions to allow it to download and install the active x control from tulga games and install and run the program it wants to do.
    when it's all done Reboot again before finishing the login process, then go back to horizons.istaria.com and use the new patcher, for some reason it keeps asking me to install the files every time I go there, but it does work that way for me.

Pillaging the land and spreading Pandemonium Amongst Chaos
    Stranyr Al-Qroni
    Knight of Creation/Sorcerer
    GuildMaster of Pirates of Pandemonium

Thread Information