Thread: Horizons

Default Horizons

Ok,
    I loaded up the gamelast friday after reading that article on MMORPG.com. I played Horizons very briefly last year just before the Chapter thingy. My entire guild left and we moved onto a different game. (we came from AC)
    To make a long story short, Ive played most of the major releases out there (WoW, Guild Wars, EQ2) and you know, besides the some of the armor/weapon art and a few other minor things, Horizons has turned into a pretty solid game. (see a few of my post on MMORPG.com under the same name)
    In fact last night while the Chaos server was down I logged into my EQ2 account. I ran around in Antonia for a bit and all I could think of was "good lord, could this guy run any slower?" and finally " when is that ******** Horizons server coming back up!?" You see a strange thing happened. I wanted to play Horizons more then EQ2. That could only mean one thing,in my mindHorizons is better then EQ2.

I'll probably shut down my EQ2 account. I wasn't "feeling" it anyway.

Good job Horizons! You sure have come a long way !!!

Lineage II C4 (current player, 8 month vet)
    Horizons - Human Warrior/Elf Scout
    WoW - (lvl 50 Dwarf Hunter)
    DAoC (lvl 50 Midgard Warrior)
    Dabbled in EQ2, CoH, Guild Wars

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Default Re: Horizons

They certainly have come a long way, particularly with the new patch yesterday. Bugs are inevitable, but given the fact of sheer amount of additional content they added and how little actually did cause problems ought to make people do a double-take.

That and the fact that the devs were right on the bugs as soon as they were being found to get things around for patching right away. I know I saw some of the requests going in on IRC on Tuesday during the time the devs were busy putting all the newcontent in, as well as keeping active on IRC and solving bugs people were reporting then and there.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Welcome back [:D]

Still in touch with those guildies? [;)]
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

Nope, lost most of them. I think I many still be able to get a hold of one or two.

Patch is working fine by the way.....Im to new to see any bugs lol (besides those big redspiders!)
    Lineage II C4 (current player, 8 month vet)
    Horizons - Human Warrior/Elf Scout
    WoW - (lvl 50 Dwarf Hunter)
    DAoC (lvl 50 Midgard Warrior)
    Dabbled in EQ2, CoH, Guild Wars

Which big red spiders?
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Welcome back!

It is a good game.

Jayne

Yep, yep! I shut my EQ2 account down sometime March, if I recall. I had left Horizons early November, just got frustrated with it, but when I came back in the spring I was pleasantly surprised [:D]

I was in to EQ2 fora while, my wife and I hit 40,but whenever I would log in I could not help but be dissapointed that my character was not a Dragon.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Wlcome back. I've seen several players on Unity come back from EQ2 - apparently it wasn't all it was jacked up to be. And Hz only gets better and better. As the new review said; The Hz team have been working quietly in the background, slowly and steadily improving the game. Now it's up to all of us to spread the word...

Thread Information