Thread: Invisible Mobs still here

muslyx

Default Invisible Mobs still here

Ok this is not a new problem, but why is it still a continuing one?
    Me and my wife have been hunting gem golems all week. On more than one occasion she or I see a golem the other cannot. This has not been a serious problem as we can both take a single golem by ourselves. But if we werent together and out soloing then we would be dead or doing a lot of running from something that cant be seen, cant be targeted, cant be fought.
    This problem started a few months ago if my memory is correct so WHY is it still a problem. If one of your fixes causes another problem isnt it prudent to fix that right away. I concider myself a patient person but seriously this is getting a little rediculous.
    Is this problem being worked on? Is there any plans to fix it in a "timely manner".

I know this probably isnt the proper spot for this post so feel free to move it if you must :) but please how about some feedback ?

Muslyx
    100 Druid/Paladin
    51 Healer
    (far to many craft classes to mention hehe)
    EoI

Default Re: Invisible Mobs still here

I never had such a problem I'm afraid...
    I guess that I am blessed with nice mobs who appear and introduce themselves before striking... [:)]
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Make invisible mobs GO AWAY already.

Stop with new content until you can fix the existing bugs....and have them stay fixed, once they've been fixed once :(

I to date still have never ran into an invisble mob?

what kind of video card you have?

muslyx

I have a geforce 5600 and my wife has one of the newer radeon ones. My machine is slow and less impressive and hers was built for online gaming...its not our machines. :P

Muslyx

I've been at the golems all week too. (/wavehi) Same problem. It's a combo of spawn on demand and server messaging lag. I got into the habit of working my way into a spawn area by running a bit and then waiting for the spawn to appear, which really helps. It also helps if you move along the buondaries of the spawn areas so you don't get surrounded by a delayed insta-spawn.

When the golems do pop, the server sends you both messages, but either there's no order to them or the order is location dependent, so you each get informed about different golems and don't see the others right away.

Unfortunately this is how it's working right now. I've worked out a way to compensate, but it is a PITA.

You're not running into the "killed by a mob that never appeared" problem, are you? That's the one where you just get whacked until you die but the mob never appears and you don't usually even get any combat messages until you get a death point. Other people can't see what killed you either.

Ingo Nosdracir - Chaos - Human Paladin ++
    Nimah Nosdracir - Chaos - Human Warrior/Cleric
    Ogni Nosdracir - Chaos - Dragon Hatchling

I have the same problem with encountering invisible mobs again, especially golems.

Something striking me all the time that I cannot see, cannot target and cannot hit with area effects.

Seems to have reappeared with one of the latest patches since I hadn't experienced that for quite some time anddidn't change anything with my hardware or drivers.

Narkano

Please help us to fix this by enabling your logs (enable_debug.exe in your main horizons folder). Then uploading the client_net.log from the \logs\ folder to a support case. As this issue is not easy to reproduce, having player feedback and logs is greatly appreciated.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

...what if there is no client_net.log? I ran enable_debug, but all I get is client_chat_log and client_debug_log (and something that starts with my computer's hostname).

Thread Information