Thread: A few quick questions

Mrpoet74

Default A few quick questions

Hello all! I played for a couple of months when the game first launched. Walking around an EB games I came across the game for a whole 1.99. So I decided to give it another try.

Anyway on to the questions..I am looking for a good solo class. I used to play a monk and as I remember they aren't the best solo class..(tho I did have some fun). I am curious about battle mage and chaos warrior. If anybody has any insight on thier soloability I would apreciate it.

I am also curious on crafting classes. I have no idea what I want to do. I remember from way back when that your best bet was to pick a class that had stat bonus that complemented your adventurer class...Also is there a call for the miner/gatherer proffesions?

Any other help or advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks..

Default Re: A few quick questions

Hm I was hoping that someone more knowledgeable would answer your post. I just returned to the game myself and so I am not the best person to comment here. People please feel free to jump in where I am wrong.

Unlike other games, because of multiclassing this game is totally solo-friendly. A lot of people take 10 levels of cleric no matter what else they do, for the heals and res's, which help a lot for soloing. I don't think there are any bad soloing classes in this game; even the healing classes are soloable. So to me the thing to do is roll a class you think is cool and play it. If you don't like it, go change classes. You don't even need to reroll if you don't want to.

As for crafting: once again many people multiclass and I think there is still not any "rank" penalty for xp if you do that in crafting (as there is in adventuring; you have both an adv level and an adv rank. Rank will be higher than level when you multiclass, and xp is awarded on the basis of rank; you will get less xp for nonchallenging mobs when you rank is significantly higher than cyour current adv level). But that's not the case with crafting. Indeed, when there are skills that are shared between two crafting classes, there are some (or were some) tricks for levels up really fast in crafting.

Having said that, it often makes sense to choose crafting classes that will permit you to make stuff that you will use: armor and gear and weapons and tools. It is really fun to make that stuff for yourself. So if you are a metal armor class, you would choose armorer and if you were a cloth/skin wearing class you'd choose tailor (eventually; at least tailor is a prestige class, so you need to start out in one of the canonical schools to get your tailoriong skill uop to meet the entrance requirement).

Ultimately, people choose TONS of different crafting classes because they are all kind of different and it is fun to see how they work.

I hope that helps some.

Miners/Gatherers get some very nice skills and you could make a good living as either or both, and you could use either/both to jump off into other crafts that gave higher skill bonuses to your desired adventure schools... :) Hope to see you in game, Welcome back.
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

Ophelea

I've always played solo and VERY sporadically...like for 2 months than not for 6...for a month than not for 3....

Cleric works for me...I do decent damage and can heal and still wear good armor. I'm not a tank by any means but the healing makes up for it.

Also, I take the crafting skill I need at the time. So, I have the basic crafting skills at rank 12-25...depending on what I needed on the time.

Tailoring is my highest only because I wanted a dyed suit or armor but jewelry isn't far behind because I wanted a teched set of jewelry.

But I play very often (if not most often alone).

My husband plays a mond/druid solo...he's rank 28? now? Did 20 levels as a monk, now is working up Druid and plans to become a ....hrm....there's a multi-class for it.

Mrpoet74

Thank youall for your advice!

MrPoet,

If you mean solo class as ina single class where you do not multiclass (with the exception of meeting prerequisites) then I would recommend paladin or cleric. Cleric will have a higher survivability but a slower killing speed. Paladin will kill faster than cleric, get some healing ability, and both will wear plate armor.

If you are looking to solo but with a multiclassed toon, I would recommend going to sail.to/darkdefenders and checkout the article I wrote on multiclassing in the general information tab, it briefly explains how to build a soloable toon.

For multiclassing, I would first choose arcane or priest as your line of combat, and choose your main from that category.

For priest, I would recommend druid, cleric, or reaver as being the superior choices. From the mage line, I would recommend Chaos warrior or Knight of creation.

Check out the article, it may help you in your decisions.

Best of luck,
    -12-
    Twelvebagger
    12x100. <-- I did monk!
    Twelvebagger's Mistress (pinkie!)
    Redo the loot tables and bring on the undead hordes! (*Hands Beer to NimK)

Thread Information