Thread: Old Expanse Player Returning

Cygnusia

Default Old Expanse Player Returning

It's certainly been a while since I played, but after getting burned out, going through a divorce, and getting my life back together I thought I would give Horizons another go.

A couple of questions, and hopefully they aren't too stupid. [:|]

First of all, how do I get rid of the "_expanse" in my old character's names?

Also... where is everybody? during the hours I played last night I saw maybe 6 people?

Default Re: Old Expanse Player Returning

There's an option to change the name on your way into the game, if you're not using the new launcher, but using the website.

It's a big world and actually, this weekend was also particularily slow. You can join the "New Player" channel for help as you get re-adjusted and to answer any other questions you might have. There's a few returning people in there and we try to always make sure some experienced ones as well.

Welcome back. :)

Welcome back to Istaria, glad to hear you have things situated again.

As Tokoz mentioned, you can get rid of the _expanse with the Change Name feature on the web page. However, you will have to change it to something not already in use. So if your name is already being used by someone else, you wont be able to just take off the _expanse and may have to change it completely.

If you play the late nite time, then you can usually find me around (provided I am not working). We are a pretty small community already, and being a night owl makes it that much worse usually.
    Denrath, Lunus Ancient of Order

Cygnusia

I've tried to use the rename on the website, but it doesn't show any characters at all in the dropdown... thanks for the welcome back, both of you. :) I'm gonna take it nice and slow this time, so I don't burn out. Maybe do a lot of exploring....

If the rename on the website isn't working try:

https://support.istaria.com/default.cfm

Having trouble getting that to work, but if it doesn't just click on tech support on the starting webpage... Or cut and paste it into your browser... Just when I think I'm pretty board saavy... :p :p :p

Great idea on the exploring... lots of things have changed in appearance and location, as well as new stuff added, and running around checking things out is fun. More so than previously because lots of that empty space has been filled in with goodies of various kinds... but that means it's more dangerous too!

Anyway, welcome back. ^^
    kitty: 48 Mage 22 Healer + others
    80 MIN 65 GTH 69 TNK 70 MSN 55 SPL
    41 BLK 41 SCH 47 CRP 38 JWL + others
    dragon: 91 adv, 100 craft, 22 lair
    elf: 49 ELAR, 31 Healer, 51 Fitter + others

Cygnusia

It was nice to see that the satyrs and dryads had been added. :) I've decided just to scrap my old characters... I can't remember how to play them anyway! :D

Right now I'm futzing around with a satyr monk, but can't remember her name offhand because I tend to imagine up these screwball names I couldn't possibly pronounce when playing on roleplay servers. :D

I am hanging out on the General and New Player chats in-game, though.

Welcome back!

It took me a while to get back in the swing of things when I came back. But I was too attached to my main to start a new. I did start a new dragon just to checkout the new dragon tutorial isle.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Welcome back, Cygnusia. Offhand, were you in a guild back then? Perhaps some of the other members are around?
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Cygnusia

I was in The Society of Gimps.... but as far as I can tell, they've all been gone for some time now. The guild itself was still in place, but I've removed myself from them since then. I wouldn't mind being in a new guild, but I need to get comfortable with the game again first, so I don't feel like I would be a tag-a-long while I get my bearings.

Welcome back to Istaria Cygnusia! It's always great news to hear that a member of Istaria has returned. Take your time and get used to things, and while you're exploring...watch out for any enemy that has a real name. (ie, Mhedon, Verdeios, Thistleface, etc...)

If they catch you off guard, well...it won't be pretty.

See you on the other side!!
    Carinde "Demigoddess" Ryder
    Citizen of Order, Axe & Anvil Guild

Cygnusia

Thank you for the warm welcome! I finally got the names changed on my old characters, so I don't think they'll be throwing in the towel yet. ;)

As for the named creatures... I've run into a few in my time. Some suffered.... and some swept the floor with me. Ah, such is life. hehe

Thread Information