Thread: Possible workable idea for pets

Default Possible workable idea for pets

Alright, this idea just struck me out of nowhere, feel free to shoot it down if it won't work/is dumb...

Alright, I've heard here and there that summoners and other caster schools need to be summoning things like pets in order to be effective or in alignment with their school...However, it's argued that the coding would be too complex or their being other problems...What if you did this...

Ok, a high level summoner casts the spell "Summon Kwellen V" which summons a Magma Kwellen (Or something like that) to fight for the caster...It would be a toned down version of the WA mob and be on a short timer, and would take away from total XP gained (To prevent abuse)...However, the pet Kwellen would have a higher aggro rating to mobs than the caster, so it would be an effective meat shield...

Now, to make it work...Summoner casts the spell and poof, a Kwellen appears...immediately it's alignment is switched to NPC Guard, and it's guarding post is set to 'X'...'X' isa variable that correlates the location of the caster, so the Kwellen will follow said caster around...It will be nonhostile to other players, and be hostile to mobs...Set the despawn to 'Y' or 'Z', where 'Y' is a 2 minute timer, and 'Z' is another creature being summoned...That way, after the timer runs out or another critter is summoned, the Kwellen disapears...

As for summoned creatures, start with maybe 3 per tier to keep it simple, and have them be things like Golems or Kwellen...Perhaps Guardians (And only Guardians) can summon a Treant...Rangers summon animals...Spiritists summon zombies...you get the picture...just make sure that the summoned creature is weaker than the same creature, and perhaps take it a tier down (So a tier V summoner can only summon tier IV critters)...

Anyways, feel free to flame, improve upon, laugh at or improve...
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

Default Re: Possible workable idea for pets

I would love to see several logical classes given the ability to summon pets. My understanding however is that it is not possible for a) a player to spawn a visible entity b) to make it follow the player c) make it attack the players targets or targets near the player.

I could be way off on these though. It would be greating seeing conjurors summon up ice golems or something
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

The devs have just said those things aren't possible right now, however I don't see what is wrong with them giving us summon-like abilities. Where a druid can call upon a wolf or pack of wolves that would have an animation, which does damage like a normal ability would, all thats missing is animations really.

It would at least fill the gap a bit.

Why not just create "dots" that look like pets. I know that would not be the best thing in the world as it could not hold aggro. But it would give a more summoner like feel. Basicly you could create Summon Wolf. A wolf of what ever type appears beside the target and does it attack animation and damage ticks off like a DOT.

Quote Originally Posted by AA0
    The devs have just said those things aren't possible right now, however I don't see what is wrong with them giving us summon-like abilities. Where a druid can call upon a wolf or pack of wolves that would have an animation, which does damage like a normal ability would, all thats missing is animations really.

It would at least fill the gap a bit.
    How would you tell it what to attack?

Thread Information