Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Riding

Cedrick_Demonicus

Default Dragon Riding

Hello guys :)

Dragon's, do not disown me for this: How can a biped-creature mount a dragon? The review said this was possible... some players talked about it... and now it is necessary for a friend of mine to ride a dragon, to reach a place he can't reach.

How is it done?

Greetings,

Seth

Default Re: Dragon Riding

They've talked about doing this sometime ago, but I don't recall it ever being implemented, so I'm pretty sure it can't be done today. If it is I would like to know too [:D]

Oh, cool signature by the way, ..I like it!
    - The Paladin is the Judge, the Jury and Executioner!
    - Zarcharien Justice - Lvl 100 Paladin & 71 Armorer
    - "Evil can only triumph, if Good stands by and does nothing."

The ability for bipeds to ride dragons is something that many players have asked for, but at this time the game does not support it.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

If the game is ever able to support that kind of feature I would rather like to see dragons able to pick up bipeds and carry theminstead of bipeds riding on dragons... it just seems silly to have a biped on the back of a dragon...

my 2coppers
    Frons Von Frik - Order

Quote Originally Posted by Frons Von Frik
    If the game is ever able to support that kind of feature I would rather like to see dragons able to pick up bipeds and carry theminstead of bipeds riding on dragons... it just seems silly to have a biped on the back of a dragon...

my 2coppers
    agreed!
    Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

Cedrick_Demonicus

Aight... Then I only cross my fingers for an option like that (or the carrying bit).

But I read it in a preview of the game. WIll tell that person (through e-mail) how full of poop he is.

Thanks about the Signature, Zarcharien ^^ If you send me a clear screenshot I can make one for you too ^^ (send it to [email protected]).

Frons Von Frick and Gliding Frost: Why would it be silly? I think it would be even sillier if you saw that biped dangling underneath the dragon. Think of games as Drakan! I loved that! Sitting on the big, majestic beast's back and soaring through the air!

My alt would love it, and my dragon probably wouldn't mind it if someone 'hitched a ride'.

Greetz,

Seth.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedrick_Demonicus
    Hello guys [img]/Web/emoticons/emotion-1.gif[/img]

Dragon's, do not disown me for this: How can a biped-creature mount a dragon? The review said this was possible... some players talked about it... and now it is necessary for a friend of mine to ride a dragon, to reach a place he can't reach.

How is it done?

Greetings,

Seth
    Review? Where was the review?

What place? As far as I know all places are reachable by portals or running, well maybe except the land north of the rift to the far north . . . don't think anything is there anyway (have not looked). Hmmmm.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

You can get past the Great Rift with a biped I'm told, by getting yourself wet - can't recall if it was at the eastern or western end of the continent where you can do this. There really aren't many places where you can't get with a biped, only some mountaintops with nothing on them. Even the ancient RoP cave with the Gate of Embers and the council is reachable by bipeds. And then there's the high-level druid or shaman ability that lets you ignore terrain...

And Cedrick, you will find many lunus dragons not warming to the idea of letting a biped onto their back. They'd prefer to carry them in their claws, like luggage rather than something considered equal to your stature. As an elder race of Istaria, dragons can be a bit eccentric like that...[;)]

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Rainspider

The problem that i see with this, is that we as dragons would always be asked to be a taxi for everyone, yes i think it would be nice sometimes too instead of waiting for your guid members to run there, just be able to carry them. I can just see it now "hey can you take me here?" Would get old really fast for the dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainspider
    The problem that i see with this, is that we as dragons would always be asked to be a taxi for everyone, yes i think it would be nice sometimes too instead of waiting for your guid members to run there, just be able to carry them. I can just see it now "hey can you take me here?" Would get old really fast for the dragons.
    Quote Originally Posted by frons Von Frik

my 2coppers
    agreed both
    I am Senar Nogard, on Chaos Shard and is a level 12 Dragon check me out!

I am looking for an adult dragon to take me under thier wing for a bit on Istaria, if you are interested, pm me

the spamming for rides shouldnt be a problem if the option to innitiate a ride is only available to the dragon.
    Let the dragon able to invite a biped for a ride (rightclick biped, select "invite for ride") and let the biped press accept.
    Dont give bipeds a "ask for ride" option.

This way spamming for rides can only be done through tells and chat.
    Simply put people who spam these questions on ignore.

And yes, I'm all for dragon riding, both carrying and mounting options.
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I look forward to the day when I can ride Tagath. He's already told me I'm to be the first dragon I ride.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

i hope it ends up as "carrying" if anything, otherwise it seems degrating..
    Playing since release.
    4th to complete RoP.
    Purely Lunus.
    Dragor Firestrike - (Nobody to play with.)

I agree with you Dragor
    cobal we hope that its the way that you say right click, but we are talking about evey bidep saying "can i get a ride", "can i get a ride" thats the whole problem

and c'gad what are you talking about

I am looking for an adult dragon to take me under thier wing for a bit on Istaria, if you are interested, pm me

Soulfyre

If it were added to game I would vote for carrying. Not to mention that the whole "saddle and rider" bit is a little farfetched if one took time to actually stare at an Istarian dragon's back. It's a little anatomically difficult to put a saddle on the back of one of us.

Most who want the rider seem to be big fans of Dragonlance. A saddle, such as those used in Dragonlance, would generally sit on the dragon's shoulder area just between the neck and the wings. Now stare at an istarian dragon.. do you see a problem? Heck stare at half the dragonlance dragons. One drawing.. big horns poking up.. next drawing.. look the saddle fits perfectly anyway!

One of my pet peeve's I guess. Can't stand when an artist conveniently overlooks a physical feature just to slap a saddle or some sort of worn item on there without considering -how- it would really go on there.

You aren't sitting your ugly enslaving saddle on my back and squashing the heck out of my ridges with your big bipedal derriere.. grr! Anyone wanting a ride will have fun with that Tush full o' pointy back ridges... *evil grin* But I might carry you the same way I would a dead sheep.. no worries...

Mmm.. sheep.. *wanders off*

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

You're not a horse. You don't need a saddle. Just a set of safety straps to hold the biped in place between neck ridges.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan
    You're not a horse. You don't need a saddle. Just a set of safety straps to hold the biped in place between neck ridges.
    yea but see some of us dont want to be rode its degrating what if we can carry with our feet or something

its the whole concept.. would you stick your head in a dragons mouth? probably not.. they are not fluffy kitties either..
    Playing since release.
    4th to complete RoP.
    Purely Lunus.
    Dragor Firestrike - (Nobody to play with.)

Rilramar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragor
    its the whole concept.. would you stick your head in a dragons mouth? probably not.. they are not fluffy kitties either..
    awww we aren't?
    :: purrs and headbutts Kalysovan ::

ahem..sorry about that. . .though..I may be a follower of the Helian philosophy..I have to agree with Kaly...I would not wish to have my dorsal ridges flattened by a rider nor do I think they would find it particulalrly comfortable...the harness required to keep a person in that position for the various maneuvers would be uncomfortable and unwieldy. I might like to carry someone though they would be a choice few ..and by my choice

Quote Originally Posted by Dragor
    im sorry dragor i did not say mouth i said feet

Thread Information