Thread: Talk to the Team: Portals and Pads

Hybrid View

Default Re: Talk to the Team: Portals and Pads

I would like to finally see a portal placed at Guild:Yewn.

As for Char, one spot that I noticed is around a rocky spire around 21578/28222 - No mobs, Three routes to take and has a source of obsidian, dark iron, gold, granite, terra cotta etc. Gems are a few steps away too. No machines save for the smelter further east.

Makes for a safe spot to grab a few of those necessities!
    Her Purpliness of Chaos, Kyala
    Big Goldy of Chaos, Orlaith
    Little hatchling of Order, Kaleith

Quote Originally Posted by Kyala View Post
    I would like to finally see a portal placed at Guild:Yewn.

As for Char, one spot that I noticed is around a rocky spire around 21578/28222 - No mobs, Three routes to take and has a source of obsidian, dark iron, gold, granite, terra cotta etc. Gems are a few steps away too. No machines save for the smelter further east.

Makes for a safe spot to grab a few of those necessities!
    I don't really see any good spots around that location. There are lots of beetle spawns.

Regarding Yewn, the destination pad in Yewn is only 470 meters from the portal in Clearport so thats a no go.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I didn't see any beetles when I was there. My thoughts were to find a spot that is close to resources without being bang on top of motherlodes and shops. If that was the case, just drop a pad at the obsidian south of dralk, and cobalt north of it. At my point you still have to atleast walk a short distance to the shop east of there while encountering small batches of resources along the way. The other routes are of course guarded by the local mobs. Plus it brings you a little closer to the tower, and the fires/golems.

There will be mobs regardless of whether Char gets a portal or not, but this spot is at least safe to port/crash in.
    Last edited by Kyala; September 15th, 2013 at 05:17 PM.
    Her Purpliness of Chaos, Kyala
    Big Goldy of Chaos, Orlaith
    Little hatchling of Order, Kaleith

Quote Originally Posted by Kyala View Post
    I didn't see any beetles when I was there. My thoughts were to find a spot that is close to resources without being bang on top of motherlodes and shops. If that was the case, just drop a pad at the obsidian south of dralk, and cobalt north of it. At my point you still have to atleast walk a short distance to the shop east of there while encountering small batches of resources along the way. The other routes are of course guarded by the local mobs. Plus it brings you a little closer to the tower, and the fires/golems.

There will be mobs regardless of whether Char gets a portal or not, but this spot is at least safe to port/crash in.
    Likely they are in the one of the patches on blight. I'll keep looking, but so far I'm not seeing anything that jumps out as a good spot.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Very happy with Darvus on the list :)!

About a portal / pad at Char or somewhere else in the Dralk area, I would rather have one with some mobs in the neighbourhood that none at all.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Very happy with Darvus on the list :)!

About a portal / pad at Char or somewhere else in the Dralk area, I would rather have one with some mobs in the neighbourhood that none at all.
    Here here.. although what about just up the hill to the east of the forge near the plat.. dont recall any spawn up that way.though there is that dragon npc nearby.. so maybe a no go.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Ok thanks :)
    If it does go in at those co-ords I gave then don't forget to make it an Un-attuned gate since the rest of them in that area are the same ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Sindala View Post
    Ok thanks :)
    If it does go in at those co-ords I gave then don't forget to make it an Un-attuned gate since the rest of them in that area are the same ;)
    Sorry, no can do. All new pads will require attunement.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Yup, that's what I ment :) don't want an influx of hatchies running around my plot. lol

If Meadowhill would be getting a pad wouldn't Wolf's Paw be eligible for one as well? I remember that was shot down for proximity reasons.
    rip

And Meadowhill ? that's not in a T3 area, its a T5 and badly in need of a pad :)

Quote Originally Posted by Sindala View Post
    And Meadowhill ? that's not in a T3 area, its a T5 and badly in need of a pad :)
    We're looking into it.

Thread Information